Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree858Likes

Thread: Carrie appearing at the Golden Globes

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie appearing at the Golden Globes

Viola Davis, Sylvester Stallone and Priyanka Chopra to Present at Golden Globes 2017 (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter

On Thursday, it was announced that Casey Affleck, Annette Bening, Pierce Brosnan, Naomi Campbell, Hugh Grant, Felicity Jones, John Legend, Ryan Reynolds, Sting, Emma Stone and Carrie Underwood also will present at the show.

sweet, can't wait to see her outfits

PACRadioShow
    29sTUNE IN ALERT: @carrieunderwood set as presenter on 2017 #GoldenGlobes this Sunday, on @nbc! (broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/…)

gna, rainbow1, liz278 and 12 others like this.

Concert Stars
    This is so exciting!!!

New Carrie Fan
    I love when Carrie makes an appearance in events like this! Really solidifies her standing as an artist who reaches out beyond country music!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

SO excited about this!!!!
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    Wonder what she's planning?

She wouldn't just simply appear there.

Not saying it's something related to movies specifically, but anything.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    Wonder what she's planning?

She wouldn't just simply appear there.

Not saying it's something related to movies specifically, but anything.
    Donna mentioned in the Twitter thread that perhaps Keith and Carrie could hit up some talk shows for The Fighter performances, since Nicole Kidman will be at the Golden Globes and Keith is probably accompanying her!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Donna mentioned in the Twitter thread that perhaps Keith and Carrie could hit up some talk shows for The Fighter performances, since Nicole Kidman will be at the Golden Globes and Keith is probably accompanying her!
    That would be awesome.

She could extend her LA stay until February and attend the Grammys, Oscars and PCAs. LMAO, kidding, but I would die if she did so.
    lolita55 and teesharky like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am super excited about this! Granted, the only movies I get to watch anymore are kids' movies, but this is a high profile award show! This makes her missing the AMAs not seem so bad! I mean the GG are a MUCH bigger deal, even if she is just presenting. I hope we get a super gorgeous, cool red carpet gown (which I assume might be the same as her presenter gown, but you never know with Carrie - she does love wardrobe changes!).

Like Donna also mentioned in the twitter thread - I hope this is a sign that she might do more music for movies. They are doing a sequel to Enchanted, I think it is set to come out in 2018. It would be awesome if Carrie could do another song for it, like Ever Ever After, EXCEPT she needs to help write it so she can get credit for that too. Of course, I would also LOVE for the TBC limited series to get revived or for Carrie herself to have a supporting role in another movie or for her to voice a character in an animated film - so many things she could do without having the weight of being the lead actress on her shoulders.

Who is hosting the Golden Globes? I know James Corden has the Grammys and Jimmy Kimmel has the Oscars, I think.

Concert Stars
    ^^ Yesss!!
    I write for a Disney fansite and we were just talking about Disney bringing Carrie back for the Enchanted sequel. My coworkers all would love it.

Won't lie: it still hurts that not only wasn't Ever Ever After released as a single (that would have been such a smash), but Enchanted was released during the years in which the Oscars wasn't having Musical performances. About 3 songs from the movie, including EEA, were nominated. Had they had Musical performances that year, Carrie would have defenitely performed at the freaking Oscars.

Oh, Lord.

Anyway, you HAVE to watch this year's Oscar-buzzed movies, like Fences, Arrival, LA LA Land etc
    The Jungle Book is most likely going to be the top-nominated movie, due to the several "technical" categories it will be nominated for. Such a masterpiece. My persornal favorite of 2016.
    lolita55 and teesharky like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ EEA was nominated for a GG but not an Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I am super excited about this! Granted, the only movies I get to watch anymore are kids' movies, but this is a high profile award show! This makes her missing the AMAs not seem so bad! I mean the GG are a MUCH bigger deal, even if she is just presenting. I hope we get a super gorgeous, cool red carpet gown (which I assume might be the same as her presenter gown, but you never know with Carrie - she does love wardrobe changes!).

Like Donna also mentioned in the twitter thread - I hope this is a sign that she might do more music for movies. They are doing a sequel to Enchanted, I think it is set to come out in 2018. It would be awesome if Carrie could do another song for it, like Ever Ever After, EXCEPT she needs to help write it so she can get credit for that too. Of course, I would also LOVE for the TBC limited series to get revived or for Carrie herself to have a supporting role in another movie or for her to voice a character in an animated film - so many things she could do without having the weight of being the lead actress on her shoulders.

Who is hosting the Golden Globes? I know James Corden has the Grammys and Jimmy Kimmel has the Oscars, I think.
    Jimmy Fallon

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

Jimmy Fallon

OMG! I could have sworn on bended knees it was. My bad.
    Just checked it. As I said, 3 songs from Enchanted were nominated, but EEA. Jesus! I was so sure it was among them.
    maddkat likes this.

I hope that Carrie presents Best Song to Justin Timberlake!
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    I hope that Carrie presents Best Song to Justin Timberlake!
    Was thinking about and it would be so cool.

But something tells me it will be either the LA LA Land song or the Moana song.
    LLL has had much award buzz, and Disney/Lin-Manuel Miranda (who wrote the Moana song) have such acclaim and pull with awards. Could go either way.

Concert Stars
    She will see a good buddy there, with Jimmy Fallon!!
    teesharky likes this.

New Carrie Fan
    I would die to see Carrie & JT/ Carrie & Lin Manuel Miranda together 😱
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Golden Globe Awards Verified account ‏@goldenglobes 60m60 minutes ago We are proud to announce @johnlegend and @carrieunderwood will be presenters at the 74th #GoldenGlobes on Jan. 8!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    ^^ Yesss!!
    I write for a Disney fansite and we were just talking about Disney bringing Carrie back for the Enchanted sequel. My coworkers all would love it.

Won't lie: it still hurts that not only wasn't Ever Ever After released as a single (that would have been such a smash), but Enchanted was released during the years in which the Oscars wasn't having Musical performances. About 3 songs from the movie, including EEA, were nominated. Had they had Musical performances that year, Carrie would have defenitely performed at the freaking Oscars.

Oh, Lord.

Anyway, you HAVE to watch this year's Oscar-buzzed movies, like Fences, Arrival, LA LA Land etc
    The Jungle Book is most likely going to be the top-nominated movie, due to the several "technical" categories it will be nominated for. Such a masterpiece. My persornal favorite of 2016.
    Based on previews, I do want to see La La Land and I don't think it's nominated, but I want to see Hidden Figures. Honestly, this year at the theater, I've seen Zootopia, Dory, Trolls, and Moana, lol. We haven't seen the new Jungle Book, but it would probably be the one I would most likely get around to watching with my daughter, haha. We've also seen The Secret Life of Pets, but we watched that at home using Kodi and I didn't care for it at all.

I may have to take a look at the nominations since I usually don't pay too much attention. I never get around to seeing many of the "artsy" movies that often get nominated. They aren't always my cup of tea. I think the most artsy/out there movie that I have seen and liked was Black Swan. Also, so many of the cable tv shows are nominated at the Golden Globes that I'm usually not familiar with them either. I pretty much stick to the shows on the major networks.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

Jimmy Fallon
    Thanks! Love Jimmy.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Also, as for the music - I do love the JT song from Trolls, but I could easily see any song from Moana winning because of Lin-Manuel. I think everyone will vote for him. Plus, the movie was really good.
    lolita55 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower countrymama22's Avatar
    Nice! I always love to see what Carrie wears for award shows. She is so classy.
    rainbow1 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast