Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: 'The Fighter' being released in the US!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

'The Fighter' being released in the US!

in this interview Keith says it's being released early next year ( around 2:55 mark)

good news, but maybe bad too as it could mean no 5th for Carrie.

Gator, Suellen, rainbow1 and 10 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Ugh, I take that as a sign of no 5th single (unless they do it McGraw style...which is highly unlikely).
    Don't hate me but I don't like the fighter.

Im ok with it tbh. The Storyteller era seems done now that the tour ended and DL is about to peak in a few weeks. Maybe its just me but the era seems dead now. Lol
    I love TF and I think it will be a smash hit.

TF is amazing live!

https://youtu.be/ejxWLdmD3yg

Insane Carrie Fan
    Here again it seems its ok for the men to release 5, even 6 singles from an album. But for women (ok especially Carrie) its totally against the norm unless if you're the undeservedly over awarded ML.

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Yay!! So once his current single peaks it'll probably be released late Jan-early Feb. I tweeted Windmills about TF being a single a few months before she passed & she said there's a big risk it would overshadow whatever Storyteller single would be out...so in this case a potential 5th single. Of course I want both a 5th single & TF...guess we'll see what the label does soon enough but both seems unlikely

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I for one love The Fighter and excited its going to be a single. I also love Keith's Ripcord album - one of his best!! To me they sing great together and hope they do more of it!! One of the few people who seems to keep up with the power of her voice. Loved the video.
    ethelu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Here again it seems its ok for the men to release 5, even 6 singles from an album. But for women (ok especially Carrie) its totally against the norm unless if you're the undeservedly over awarded ML.
    And, Tim McGraw just made headlines for having 3 songs in the top 10 at the same time (2 collabs and his own single). Why not Carrie? This is Keith's song and he wants to take advantage of the popularity gained from the live performances. Makes me sick. I love the song, but would rather have a 5th release from ST.
    Suellen likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yay this is great news! The Fighter for early 2017. Then hopefully Christmas album at end of 2017, and then album #6 in 2018!
    Suellen likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    And, Tim McGraw just made headlines for having 3 songs in the top 10 at the same time (2 collabs and his own single). Why not Carrie? This is Keith's song and he wants to take advantage of the popularity gained from the live performances. Makes me sick. I love the song, but would rather have a 5th release from ST.
    I'm greedy, I want both. 😀
    bluetb4 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That's good news. Thanks for posting Maddkat. I like how Carrie and Keith Urban sound together.
    Hil and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am really excited about this! I wasn't sure it would happen since it isn't very country sounding. Shoot, maybe they can even get a crossover hit with it!

I do hope that they still release a 5th single from Storyteller, even if they have to stagger the release of the two so they won't be competing at the top. Carrie's part in the Fighter (while great) is pretty small, so I don't see why she shouldn't be able to also have her own song climbing the charts.
    Hil and bluetb4 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I feel like The fighter, is going to see to be the same caliber of how Setting the World on Fire, Kenny/P!nk. I think it will get crossover play on AC, perhaps even Pop. Both Keith and Carrie have mass appeal, to both having the Idol background. When it was released it shot to the top of iTunes, which is unlikely for a country song. It has a heavy pop influence, so I see it going to Top 40. So I see no problem them balancing 2 singles. Lets keep this in mind, yes it is a duet, but it is Keith's single. That is all Keith's team to get it to #1, yes Carrie's team should support it, and most likely will, but if they have material for themselves to support then that would be their focus. I think we all know Keith's team will have the power to get the fighter to #1.

Also it seems Sony to only like supporting 1 female at a time, depending on whether Miranda or Carrie. I feel like Miranda has lost her steam already on her new album. Vice didn't perform well, Miranda isn't in the Top 30 with her new 2nd single. she peaked low on the debut of her album, and the fact that it was a 2 disc effort. I see that as potential disappointment. I personally feel Carrie has more steam on a potential 5th single, than Miranda's underperforming album. If they want to continue with what they have I think Carrie is still the way to go. As they try and build Miranda up, from her low point.

I want to make this clear I am looking at facts, Im not hating on Miranda, this post is strictly off past trends, and my opinion.
    Hil likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Please don't let this mean that CCA won't be released. : (

Btw, has the fighter been a big hit in Australia as they say in the interview?

Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The fighter is just okay to me. I'm not a big fan of the song. I would rather CCA. I wonder if Sony will push DL to make room for The Fighter. I guess if everyone else likes it, the song should do good.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post

I think it already hit #1 in Australia.

New Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post

It peaked at #19 on the australian chart and went Platinum (70 000 copies sold). Still #47 on iTunes Australia. On its way to be certified 2x Platinum (140 000). So it did great without having no promo or video. Just that viral video between Keith and his wife.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeOrfino View Post
    It peaked at #19 on the australian chart and went Platinum (70 000 copies sold). Still #47 on iTunes Australia. On its way to be certified 2x Platinum (140 000). So it did great without having no promo or video. Just that viral video between Keith and his wife.
    Is there some sort of CMT type channel in Australia? I could have sworn The Fighter hit #1 on something in Australia.
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Is there some sort of CMT type channel in Australia? I could have sworn The Fighter hit #1 on something in Australia.
    it did on the country airplay chart according to this thread - http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...lay-chart.html (The Fighter Charting On The Official Australian Country Airplay Chart)

Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Idk whether or not we are going to have a 5th single but I do know this 5th singles for Carrie are rare, SH-4 CR 5 PO 4 BA 4 ST 4/5 (its Christmas season maybe a miracle will happen to where we get both)

since Carrie usually only gets 4 singles I'm glad that The Fighter is being released it means that Carrie will be apart of an active single on the radio for 12-16 attentional weeks (if I'm not mistaken it takes 3-4 months for a Carrie to reach the top)

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast