Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1783Likes

Thread: [Nov. 20] 2016 American Music Awards

Huge Carrie Follower carriefan14's Avatar

[Nov. 20] 2016 American Music Awards

http://www.theamas.com

Quick facts:

- Nov 20. Last year held in L.A.
    - Carrie has a show 11/17 in Florida then her next show is on 11/22 in Kansas
    - Fan voted

Carrie is the only artist to have won Favorite Country Album for her first four albums. She has also won Favorite Female Country Artist 3 times, most recently last year and in 2014.

She has won 9 AMAs so far. The record for most wins as Favorite Female Country Artist is Reba - 10 times.

Updated Oct 10:

Carrie is nominated for 3 awards!

Artist of the Year (omg)
    Favorite Female Artist - Country
    Favorite Album - Country - Storyteller

Vote at theamas.com or using Twitter hashtag #AMAs and @AMAs

For Twitter votes use:
    @carrieunderwood #AMAs Artist of the Year
    @carrieunderwood #AMAs Favorite Female Artist - Country
    @carrieunderwood #AMAs Favorite Album - Country

*Note only one vote per category per day. Don't try to put them all in one tweet. *

Retweets certainly count. In fact, it's better to RT other fans than try to fly solo. It maximizes votes.

Also, be careful wording your tweets. It has to have #AMAs in it. It has to tag Carrie or say Carrie Underwood. It has to say the specific category. I have seen many invalid tweets that won't count because they didnt word it correctly.

Also, you need a facebook to vote at theamas.com so sign up for facebook and twitter!

I believe voting ends Nov 15, so we have a long battle ahead. If you're unsure of something, ask a fan. I know it's not the most user-friendly voting process. But we can do it if we work together!
    Last edited by carriefan14; 10-11-2016 at 11:50 PM.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Hope she performs!!
    carolinagirl and teesharky like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    We need to keep in mind that perhaps the little break she appears to have during this awards show date may be so that her and Isaiah can spend a day or two at home with Mike. Not so she can jet across country to attend/perform at this awards show.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    I really want her to attend and perform Dirty Laundry. Mike probably has a game that weekend anyway.

Dirty Laundry needs a live tv performance besides the CMAS.

I expect Carrie to be nominated for at least Female Country Artist, and hopefully Country Album-- but that will depend on the sales and eligibility dates. They are very wonky.

Also-- she has an outside chance at Artist of the Year along with Adele and Beyonce, but it is hard to say. They seem to snub Country artists in this category-- though Carrie did win it once.

Concert Stars
    I checked Mike's schedule and he is on the road 11/21 which means they will fly out 11/20. He has 2 home games on 11/17 and 11/19. I could see Carrie going home for that Friday 11/18 and Saturday, and maybe flying out Sunday 11/20 early to be at AMAS if nominated. He will likely be leaving 11/20 anyway as it is a road game the next day.

Who knows. It could go either way. She could be going home for sure, but she could also make the AMAS if nominated for a few, and if she performs. I definitely think she will go home for a few days though. She could easily still make the AMAs if she flies out late Saturday night or early Sunday morning as Sunday is likely a wash anyway since Mike has to fly out for an away game.

I think it will depend on how many nominations she gets, and whether she plans to perform Dirty Laundry. She has skipped the AMAS before several times, so it would not be unheard of for her to skip again. But it will depend (I think) on whether she gets 1 measily country female nom, or if she gets into some bigger categories.

^ Tee, according to their website the nominees are based on

"American Music Awards nominees are based on key fan interactions as reflected in Billboard Magazine and on Billboard.com, including album and digital song sales, radio airplay, streaming, social activity and touring. These measurements are tracked by Billboard and its data partners, including Nielsen Music and Next Big Sound."
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

So the AMAs and Billboard Awards have the same criteria? -Billboard stats?

BBMAs just keep using data to select winners and AMAs move to fan voting after a Top 5 is found with data.

Concert Stars
    ^ I am glad they factor in Touring and not just Album and single sales. Last year nominations came out 10/13 as I checked. So we should be hearing something the first or 2nd week of OCtober. Not long now.

The good news is that Carrie unexpectedly beat both Jason Aldean and Florida GA Line in first week sales. She also beat Keith Urban, Blake Shelton and Eric Church.

So essentially- no country act sold more than her last year except Chris Stapelton, but his album won't be eligible this year as it came out way before Carrie's did. So I think Carrie might still get a nomination for Storyteller after all hopefully.
    txacar, Suellen and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ I am glad they factor in Touring and not just Album and single sales. Last year nominations came out 10/13 as I checked. So we should be hearing something the first or 2nd week of OCtober. Not long now.

The good news is that Carrie unexpectedly beat both Jason Aldean and Florida GA Line in first week sales. She also beat Keith Urban, Blake Shelton and Eric Church.

So essentially- no country act sold more than her last year except Chris Stapelton, but his album won't be eligible this year as it came out way before Carrie's did. So I think Carrie might still get a nomination for Storyteller after all hopefully.
    Do the AMAs have a set time period or is it just whatever sold the most in that period? So, is Chris disqualified because his album came out in May 2015 or is it eligible due to his high sales?

Don't forget that Luke's last album came out in August 2015 and his sales were higher than Carrie. Of course, all it takes is a nomination and then we can do the rest with voting.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ they don't appear to have a set timeperiod that I can find.It use to be Dec. 1 to Sept. 1

Quote Originally Posted by tgbrinker View Post
    So the AMAs and Billboard Awards have the same criteria? -Billboard stats?

BBMAs just keep using data to select winners and AMAs move to fan voting after a Top 5 is found with data.
    BBMA are just based on sales,AMAs also include social media interaction and touring
    rainbow1 and Kizmet311 like this.

Concert Stars
    The good news is that Carrie has outsold most of the country artists that released cds in her time period. Only like beat her in sales. Thus Carrie and Luke should both score country album noms. Not sure who will get the third slot.

Both Sam Hunt and Chris released cds long before the cutoff date I think.

Perhaps Carrie's tour will get something too?

Noms should come out in a few weeks.

If she can get the nom, we can handle the rest. It should be easy to demolish the other fan bases. We did 4 times, after all
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    I love when she attends the AMAs and Grammys, etc. It is so nice to see artists from other genres -- even the crappy ones. haha It is just that the country award shows have kind of gotten old-- like it is always the same people performing and winning. They need to shake it up a bit. Hopefully the 50th CMAs will be really special though.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I love when she attends the AMAs and Grammys, etc. It is so nice to see artists from other genres -- even the crappy ones. haha It is just that the country award shows have kind of gotten old-- like it is always the same people performing and winning. They need to shake it up a bit. Hopefully the 50th CMAs will be really special though.
    Carrie got a nomination for eoty if that's not really special idk what is

Concert Stars
    So it is October finally-- which means noms should be coming out soon. Last year it was October 13th.
    txacar likes this.

Concert Stars
    they are announcing the nominations on October 10th, they are announcing some of them on Good Morning American and then going to guess they will announce the rest online later or something like that.
    teesharky and txacar like this.

Concert Stars
    Fabulous! Thanks for the info. I have been searching for the date but could not find it.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    teesharky and Mirasa45A like this.

Concert Stars
    I wonder why the AMAs have not yet put out a big announcement on their twitter account? Noms come out Monday.

Concert Stars
    Here we go:

Rachel Platten ‏@RachelPlatten 4h4 hours ago Can’t wait to announce the @AMAs nominations with @joejonas THIS MONDAY on @GMA and the #AMAs @Snapchat! Add: TheAMAs

Kizmet311 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast