Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree429Likes

Thread: CMA For Your Consideration Video

Concert Stars

CMA For Your Consideration Video

Hello all,

With liveasong's (Bern's) blessing, I've decided to ressurrect the age-old tradition of making a fan-made FYC video for Carrie in celebration of the fact that she's finally up for EOTY!
    CU FYT.jpg

Since the final ballot goes out in October, I'll definitely be finishing/posting the video before then. I'd love to get input as to the types of information/statistics you all would like to see in the video. The stuff I'll definitely be sure to include are:

• Storyteller/singles statistics (sales, streams, certified gold, #1s, all that stuff)
    • Storyteller Tour statistics
    • Endorsements/partnerships (Almay, SNF, CALIA, Carnival Cruise)
    • Public appearances she's made in the eligibility period (CMA, ACM, Grammy, Opry, that kind of stuff)

Any / all suggestions are welcome, I'd love to hear what you think!
    judes, Suellen, Gator and 17 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Gimme a couple of days, and I'll provide you with all you need and more.
    lizcarlo and Pitocco like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    The first fact that pops into my head is Billboard reported her as the #1 country tour this year.

Other awards in 2016
    Female Vocalist of the Year at American Country Countdown Awards
    Choice Country Artist - Teen Choice
    3 CMT Music Award nominations with 2 wins for "Smoke Break"
    CMA Chairman's Award

Concert Stars
    I think she should focus a bit more on her intenational achievements in the eligibility period, including:

1. 1st County Act EVER to headline London's Apple Music Festival in September 2015. This is a big deal for country music in general, as it got a country act included in this big prestigious event that usually includes only pop acts. The CMA rules speak to your impact on country music-- your success in spreading it. Well, she did it all in spades and was a true ambassador to country music by spreading it overseas.

2. Overseas C2C Festival: Carrie was the only country headliners to sell out London's O2 arena as neither Eric nor Miranda were able to sell out. That right there is a big feather in her cap. She got rave reviews and was a big hit. She also is the only EOTY nominee to play Norway and Sweden in this era.

3. 1st Country Act to perform on the UK XFactor ever. That is a huge accomplishment and another example of her why she deserves EOTY. She is spreading country music to new markets.

4. NFL SNF - using a country song this year: I think the fact that Carrie got to use a country song this time (SB) and is still the face of the SNF show is a huge deal. That spreads country music overseas via the SNF medium to a huge audience.

5. 3 number 1 hits already off Storyteller, and counting. All 3 certified Gold.

6. Storyteller got very good reviews and is listed as critically acclaimed by some journalists. It is the best album of her career in my opinion, and shows vast improvement in songwriting, production, and artistry. It is already Gold and close to Platinum. Should be certified Platinum due to streaming by the end of the holiday season.

7. StoryTeller Tour: Beyond anything country has ever seen. A huge incredible high production tour yet with live phenominal vocals, a vast improvement to anything Taylor ever did when she won. TS has a creative stage production and overall experience, but the vocals were always subpar, even when she lip syncs. So take a high profile tour like Taylor's. which won EOTY twice-- and swap her out with a great vocalist- Carrie. Now you have the perfect storm.

8. Opry Appearances: Carrie still met her 10 show Opry quota obligation despite headlining a massive tour all year and taking care of a new baby. More than past EOTY winners can boast. This demonstrates her commitment and love of the country genre and great character/integrity.

9. Dick Clark's Rocking New YEar's Even: This has to be a big part of the video. Carrie was the headliner, Luke was her opening act. (lol Oh snap) I love Luke- actually- but Carrie needs to win this year.

10. Grammy Frank Sinatra special: Please include this. Carrie got rave reviews and it was another example of her great ambassadorship of country music beyond country borders.
    jaylee50, liz278, lizcarlo and 9 others like this.

Concert Stars
    You MUST include the epic ending to her CMT Awards performance of "Church Bells", I'd honestly just end the entire thing with that... Also, use the high quality tour footage from the "Church Bells" music video - if you're allowed to.

I'd also look up the positive reviews of "Storyteller" and use some of the quotes...

I have faith that you'll make a PERFECT video, but look to liveasong's videos for inspiration - his were AMAZING!

I would DEFINITELY focus on Carrie's overseas efforts as well as her endeavors outside of country music (SNF, Almay, etc... find magazine covers she's been on this past year... all that kinda stuff). To be affective, it's gotta be loaded with everything, but also relatively short, sweet, and to the point.

Can't wait to see the finish product!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    1. In July 2015, she was proclaimed Top Country Artist of all-time of the RIAA's Top Artists (Digital Singles). 30 million certified units.

2. Greatest Hits: Decade #1 made Carrie the only country artist and one of only six all-genre artists to launch an album to Platinum success in 2015 and it was declared the best-selling compilation album of 2015

3. With Storyteller, Carrie became the only country artist in history to have all first five studio albums debut at either #1 or #2 on the Billboard 200, and the only artist to have six consecutive #1 albums on the Top Country Albums chart

4. Storyteller's first single, "Smoke Break", set an all-time record for the largest first-week adds at country radio

5. She is the only woman in 2016 to have two #1 singles on the Billboard Country Airplay chart.

6. In 2016, she achieved her 15th Billboard Country Airplay #1, expanding her record as the woman with the most #1's in history of the chart

7. The Storyteller Tour has been proclaimed by Billboard the #1 country tour of 2016 - 600,000 tickets sold - and one of the Top all-genre tours of 2016

8. First County act ever to headline the Apple Music Festival in London, representing Country music

9. Was part of the Grammy Frank Sinatra special, representing Country music

10. Headlined Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Even, representing Country music

11. First Country act to perform on the UK X-Factor, representing Country music

12. Wrote and performed the new theme song for Sunday Night Football, the #1 primetime program in the US

Honestly, when will any other country act EVER achieve ALL THAT in a SINGLE year??????

I'm out.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for doing this, Mike! Can't wait to see it! Maybe you could also include the ACM Concert for a Cause (or whatever they call it) since Carrie asked that it be a night of all females. Plus, she was given her Lifting Lives award that night.

I know that we mostly want to focus on this year, but I feel like if she wins this award this year, it won't just be for the current year's statistics, but it will be to reward her whole career - which includes guest starring on HIMYM & Blue Bloods, her own Fox Christmas special, Soul Surfer, and of course TSOML (the ending of Do-Re-Mi on the fountain or yodeling in the Lonely Goatherd would be great here). Plus, she has done so many special appearances from U2s Red concert (or whatever that was called), to Global Citizen, to the Rock and Roll HOF to honor Linda Ronstadt, performing with Tony Bennet at the Grammy's, Opry induction, performing duets with Randy Travis/Willie Nelson, appearing on the Loretta tribute (a snippet of You're Looking at Country would be nice!), hosting bits from the CMAs, performing the national anthem at the Super Bowl, her music for movies (Ever Ever After and TAPFU - Golden Globe nominee), Emmy performance of Yesterday, performance of IKYW at PCAs (a song so loved she's resurrected it for the ST tour), SNL performances, Movies Rock for TSOM, Just Stand Up 2 Cancer performance, so many Grammy tributes (Michael Jackson, San Antonio Rose/Desperado, Kennedy Center Honors (Islands in the Stream), performance of Go Your Own Way with that guitarist (Lindsey Buckingham?), Project Runway guest judge, The Concert for Valor, that amazing HGTA performance with Vince, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade multiple times, Oprah special, and so much more. Whew, our girl has had QUITE the career.

Sorry for the long list, I totally went to IMDB, lol.

Concert Stars
    Ps thanks for doing this! I forgot to say that before.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I think this is an excellent idea, and I'd add my thanks to you for taking it on.

One suggestion I'd make would be for anyone making a video of this type to try to keep in mind the main purpose they intend it to focus on - by that I mean do they intend it to be
    1. Mainly for fellow fans - to celebrate everything they see as great in Carrie's career
    2. Mainly as an actual attempt to try and influence the CMA voters (in so far as that may be possible)

If the former, then the suggestions already made are excellent.
    If the latter, then I think we all need to bear in mind that what pleases a personal fan, or a fan whose interest leans towards the General Music or General Entertainment sphere, is not necessarily going to be the same as what may particularly impress someone with a specific focus on the Country Music sphere.

Several of the career achievements that many fans focus on tend towards emphasizing that Carrie's career has a "huge" impact, and that she appears at a broad spread of off-genre events. However, this type of achievement has not particularly helped Carrie in the Country award sphere up to now - and it alone may be unlikely to do so in future. (As a different example - bear in mind that Faith Hill's stint as standard bearer for the Football event had no apparent benefit for her CMA award prospects)

I do believe, though, that Carrie has potentially significantly improved her Country award prospects (as the present welcome nominations at least suggest, and raise hopes for) - but I don't see that as being primarily due to factors like those in the last paragraph.

It is, perhaps, a truism that more attention to Country Music leanings are particularly likely to impress at least some professional voting members who are themselves immersed in a Country Music milieu - and I would particularly stress recent developments that could fit that context
    A. Aspects of the current tour (such as paying tribute to earlier Country figures such as Dolly and the NGDB, including a variety of singing styles and staging concepts, playing a variety of instruments)
    B. Aspects of the Storyteller album (such as a wider range of production techniques, more emphasis on twang in some of the songs, a greater variety of singing styles, more personal involvement in the themes of some of the songs)
    C. Appearances at events that specifically advance Country Music, rather than advance the artist as an individual (As an example, Country 2 Country, where Carrie has headlined twice, helped advanced newer artists like the Shires and the Pauper Kings, and was the main international act for the Scandinavian leg - would be likely to impress some voters more than a personal appearance at a Pop-leaning event like the Apple Festival, where many spectators would be unlikely to make much connection beyond Carrie to the Country genre as a whole.

(If, of course, it's mainly intended as a fan celebration, then - as I said - there's plenty of wide-ranging things you could stress, and I'm not trying to downplay those. I'm just suggesting that the "for your consideration" aspect may need to keep in mind what some voters may particularly value.)
    txacar, lizcarlo, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Just to keep in mind, here is the criteria for the EOTY award:

Entertainer of the Year:
    This award is for the act displaying the greatest competence in all aspects of the entertainment field. Voter should give consideration not only to recorded performance, but also to the in-person performance, staging, public acceptance, attitude, leadership, and overall contribution to the Country Music image.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ based on criteria this is obviously Carrie's award to lose.If WME isn't allowed to interfere.

"greatest competence" this right here should give her the award out right.her competence at singing/stage presence totally shames the boys

The more I thik about it the more i am convinced she will win. She has to. Not only is it time to award a female artist - Carrie is above restricting it to male/female. She's a great ARTIST - period. Equal to the greats like Garth Brooks and bringing coutry music to more than just country fans.
    Pitocco, DizzyDollyDee and txacar like this.

Pitocco and txacar like this.

Concert Stars
    WOW you guys are wicked amazing! definitely some stuff I would have forgotten about / missed, so I appreciate all of your input!! I'm workin' real hard to try to make this a REALLY good FYC video!!

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I think this is an excellent idea, and I'd add my thanks to you for taking it on.

One suggestion I'd make would be for anyone making a video of this type to try to keep in mind the main purpose they intend it to focus on - by that I mean do they intend it to be
    1. Mainly for fellow fans - to celebrate everything they see as great in Carrie's career
    2. Mainly as an actual attempt to try and influence the CMA voters (in so far as that may be possible)

If the former, then the suggestions already made are excellent.
    If the latter, then I think we all need to bear in mind that what pleases a personal fan, or a fan whose interest leans towards the General Music or General Entertainment sphere, is not necessarily going to be the same as what may particularly impress someone with a specific focus on the Country Music sphere.

Several of the career achievements that many fans focus on tend towards emphasizing that Carrie's career has a "huge" impact, and that she appears at a broad spread of off-genre events. However, this type of achievement has not particularly helped Carrie in the Country award sphere up to now - and it alone may be unlikely to do so in future. (As a different example - bear in mind that Faith Hill's stint as standard bearer for the Football event had no apparent benefit for her CMA award prospects)

I do believe, though, that Carrie has potentially significantly improved her Country award prospects (as the present welcome nominations at least suggest, and raise hopes for) - but I don't see that as being primarily due to factors like those in the last paragraph.

It is, perhaps, a truism that more attention to Country Music leanings are particularly likely to impress at least some professional voting members who are themselves immersed in a Country Music milieu - and I would particularly stress recent developments that could fit that context
    A. Aspects of the current tour (such as paying tribute to earlier Country figures such as Dolly and the NGDB, including a variety of singing styles and staging concepts, playing a variety of instruments)
    B. Aspects of the Storyteller album (such as a wider range of production techniques, more emphasis on twang in some of the songs, a greater variety of singing styles, more personal involvement in the themes of some of the songs)
    C. Appearances at events that specifically advance Country Music, rather than advance the artist as an individual (As an example, Country 2 Country, where Carrie has headlined twice, helped advanced newer artists like the Shires and the Pauper Kings, and was the main international act for the Scandinavian leg - would be likely to impress some voters more than a personal appearance at a Pop-leaning event like the Apple Festival, where many spectators would be unlikely to make much connection beyond Carrie to the Country genre as a whole.

(If, of course, it's mainly intended as a fan celebration, then - as I said - there's plenty of wide-ranging things you could stress, and I'm not trying to downplay those. I'm just suggesting that the "for your consideration" aspect may need to keep in mind what some voters may particularly value.)
    This is an amazing point, and something that I was going back-and-forth on myself...obviously, I don't want to be so presumptuous as to think that ANY CMA voting member would watch a fan-made video, but then again there is a chance that they MIGHT! ;p I'm trying to make the video to be a good mix between the two styles you've outlined. I also really love your input about highlighting aspects of the Storyteller album! I'll definitely do that!! : D

Concert Stars
    ^Can't wait to see it. It's going to be amazing. Thanks so much for putting it together.
    Pitocco, bluetb4, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    How's this coming along? Hope to see it soon! I'd love to see it go viral right in time for voting!

Concert Stars
    Hey guys!

Video is ALMOST DONE!!! I'm very happy with it, I think you're all going to love it!!

In an effort to strike a balance between pleasing hardcore fans and making it watchable for the general public, I've kept the video to be about 5 and a half minutes, I thought that that was a good time length.

The video is split into "sections":
    1. General stats (kindda like what we would hear when she is being introduced at the Opry / talk show)
    2. The Storyteller Tour stats
    3. The Storyteller album /single stats
    4. Brands / Endorsements
    5. Live Performances

Here are a few screen grabs to tide you over before the full video comes out:

Also, i took EVERY post in here into consideration when making the video, you're all awesome! Thanks so much for the input!!

Can't wait to share it with you, I hope you love it XD

-Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    Nice read. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing the completed FYC video. Carrie truly deserves that trophy this year.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Wow very nice..... I cant wait to see the finished product... And of course her fans will do everything in their power to see her win the award.....

She has totally awesome fans.....

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Can't wait to see the finished product!!! You always do such a great job, Mike!!
    Pitocco, liz278, Smokyiiis and 2 others like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast