• 4 Post By teesharky
  • 4 Post By teesharky
  • 6 Post By simonplay
  • 3 Post By teesharky
  • 3 Post By thaifood
  • 3 Post By ethelu
  • 3 Post By Kizmet311
  • 1 Post By amiroamor

Thread: American Idol to Receive Prestigious Emmy Governor's Award!

Concert Stars

American Idol to Receive Prestigious Emmy Governor's Award!

rainbow1, Suellen, ethelu and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote in article:

:The show also had a profound impact on the music industry, launching the careers of superstars Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry, among many others. Idol contestants have sold more than 60 million albums, resulting in more than 80 Platinum records and 95 Gold records. Its participants have generated more than 450 Billboard No. 1 hits and sold more than 260 million digital downloads."

If available, I could see several Idols such as Carrie attending or presenting or something.

Concert Stars
    They will probably show a montage video of Idol over the years so I bet Carrie will be shown on tv. ( smile)

Concert Stars
    So I checked and Carrie technically has off Emmy weekend. Not saying she will be there, but she is on the west coast around that time I think.
    ethelu, bluetb4, Smokyiiis and 1 others like this.

Carrie and Ryan could arrive and do the red carpet together, they are the best representation of American Idol.

Concert Stars
    Agree. I was thinking Carrie and Ryan could present the award to Simon Fuller or whoever is getting it.
    rainbow1, ethelu and bluetb4 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Quote in article:

:The show also had a profound impact on the music industry, launching the careers of superstars Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry, among many others. Idol contestants have sold more than 60 million albums, resulting in more than 80 Platinum records and 95 Gold records. Its participants have generated more than 450 Billboard No. 1 hits and sold more than 260 million digital downloads."

If available, I could see several Idols such as Carrie attending or presenting or something.
    I have to say, at the risk of pissing a bunch of people off, I still don't get the designation of Superstar when it comes to Kelly Clarkson. She is no where on the Country Music ladder & in the Pop field where she lives she is well down the list of go to people for anyone to make a special appearance for anything. I'd put her as a "B" level celebrity at best & the only reason they continue to put her as a superstar is because she won the 1st season of the Idol.
    DaisyTweets, liz278 and Mirasa45A like this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I have to say, at the risk of pissing a bunch of people off, I still don't get the designation of Superstar when it comes to Kelly Clarkson. She is no where on the Country Music ladder & in the Pop field where she lives she is well down the list of go to people for anyone to make a special appearance for anything. I'd put her as a "B" level celebrity at best & the only reason they continue to put her as a superstar is because she won the 1st season of the Idol.

I agree with your statement. Actually there are many (mostly her fans) and some journalists who give her the superstar treatment for the most part based on the fact that she came first.

Carrie Guru

I agree with you, Ron.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Kelly did have several hit songs, so there is that. I've always liked Adam Lambert, but I certainly wouldn't consider him a superstar. I think they used the term loosely and clumped them all together rather than designate Carrie separately as the biggest star to come out of Idol. It would be great if Carrie attended.
    Suellen, rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    I like Kelly just fine. She is very talented. But it irks me that Billboard still insists on calling her the most successful Idol despite Carrie surpassing her in so many ways. Billboard never gives Carrie her due credit.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I like Kelly just fine. She is very talented. But it irks me that Billboard still insists on calling her the most successful Idol despite Carrie surpassing her in so many ways. Billboard never gives Carrie her due credit.
    Same here, but in Kelly's defense she is more popular worldwide because of the music she sings, but here in the US Carrie reigns supreme. Carrienhas always been consistent whereas Kelly has kind of bounced around, which for me shows that Carrie knows who she is as an artist whereas Kelly doesn't. I also think if Carrie would have done some more acting she would be a bigger global superstar than Kelly.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    Same here, but in Kelly's defense she is more popular worldwide because of the music she sings, but here in the US Carrie reigns supreme. Carrienhas always been consistent whereas Kelly has kind of bounced around, which for me shows that Carrie knows who she is as an artist whereas Kelly doesn't. I also think if Carrie would have done some more acting she would be a bigger global superstar than Kelly.
    That may have been the case originally, but I'd have to question whether that is still the case.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Kelly did have several hit songs, so there is that. I've always liked Adam Lambert, but I certainly wouldn't consider him a superstar. I think they used the term loosely and clumped them all together rather than designate Carrie separately as the biggest star to come out of Idol. It would be great if Carrie attended.
    Adam Lambert is a superstar only because he is attached to Queen. His solo stuff doesn't sell, when he tours at all it is to small venues....the Glambots consider him the biggest & best thing in since....forever....but then they are the Glambots.

That may have been the case originally, but I'd have to question whether that is still the case.
    Observing as a non-American, I believe her worldwide popularity is "seasonal" - whether or not her single is a hit.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by amiroamor View Post
    Observing as a non-American, I believe her worldwide popularity is "seasonal" - whether or not her single is a hit.
    Not to be too nit picky, but who is the "her" to whom you are referring?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I would assume he means Kelly. I'm sure there was a time period when Kelly was a superstar. She had a lot of hits in the Breakaway era. However, I would not consider her a superstar now. I think "superstar" status can come and go, but the question is whether or not someone will become a legend. I'm not sure Kelly will be a legend. Carrie, at the very least in country music, will be a legend.

Yes of course I meant Kelly lol. We only see (or hear about) her when she has a hit song eg. Stronger, My Life Would Suck Without You, Already Gone. I believe that's one of the reasons why Ryan mentioned Carrie when he was asked who would have the longevity (and most successful idol).
    lolita55 likes this.

•