Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By MelissaD
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By MelissaD
  • 2 Post By MelissaD
  • 2 Post By MelissaD
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo

Thread: Proof that "Let It Go" from Frozen should have been Carrie's ...

Insane Carrie Fan

Proof that "Let It Go" from Frozen should have been Carrie's ...

As you can see and hear, she would have actually been able to sing the "let the storm rage OOOOOOOON" bit LIVE & in the original key. #Justsayin!!!

lizcarlo, Gator and teesharky like this.

Awesome... Carrie has such amazing voice.
    MelissaD likes this.

Concert Stars
    Agree. When Idina and Jen Nettles sang it, Jen out-sang her imo. Carrie would have slayed it live!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Agree. When Idina and Jen Nettles sang it, Jen out-sang her imo. Carrie would have slayed it live!
    The only time Idina has ever handled that song live was when she'd lower the key a half step, and sang D5 as the top note instead. When she attempted it at the Oscars - and even worse yet, at New Years Eve 2015 - I actually felt sorry for her.
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    The only time Idina has ever handled that song live was when she'd lower the key a half step, and sang D5 as the top note instead. When she attempted it at the Oscars - and even worse yet, at New Years Eve 2015 - I actually felt sorry for her.
    I was trying to remember when Idina butchered it. It was NYE 2015. Carrie could have easily sung LIG.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I was trying to remember when Idina butchered it. It was NYE 2015. Carrie could have easily sung LIG.
    Yeah, that was when she REALLY butchered it. But she's failed it every other time she attempted it in that key too. Two of the others were removed from YouTube, but here's the one from the Oscars. At 2:15.

She cannot sing that note. She can hit it decently if it's very brief like she does in the chorus, "HERE I stand in the LIGHT of day" ... but she can't hold it without getting extremely hoarse, flat, and cracking.
    Gator and teesharky like this.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    She can actually do a song with all of Carrie's voice.. Gonna be hard work though : D

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks_weyn View Post
    She can actually do a song with all of Carrie's voice.. Gonna be hard work though : D
    Yeah, I asked her about that, she said it wouldn't sound right because she needs to use the original vocal as a base to mark the start and end of a word in order to shape it so that it still sounds like they're singing the same words. Otherwise it would just sound like random notes lol. For example, if the word is "life," the original vocal will come in with the "LLLL" and she'll find a particular note that she wants from Carrie on the long-I vowel, attach it right after the "LLLLL," and then close it out with the "FFFE" from the original vocal so it actually sounds like Carrie is singing the word "life."

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Yeah, I asked her about that, she said it wouldn't sound right because she needs to use the original vocal as a base to mark the start and end of a word in order to shape it so that it still sounds like they're singing the same words. Otherwise it would just sound like random notes lol. For example, if the word is "life," the original vocal will come in with the "LLLL" and she'll find a particular note that she wants from Carrie on the long-I vowel, attach it right after the "LLLLL," and then close it out with the "FFFE" from the original vocal so it actually sounds like Carrie is singing the word "life."
    LOL.. She can use a clip where Carrie sang "LLLL" and "FFFE"... Though that would, as you said, come out like random sounds put together ahaha...

This one's a bit different since it uses words and the characters are not singing, but the videos you post reminded me of this... LOL
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3KGF7SAPMAY

In the LIG video, I like the first part.. It flowed very naturally... Hope Carrie does theae Diva covers one day... I like to hear more the power of her voice... : D

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think Idina is insanely talented, but she always seems to butcher big performances - NYE was really bad, like really really bad, the Oscars wasn't so hot, and even when she sang Defying Gravity at the Tony's it wasn't very good.
    I've always wanted to hear Carrie sing this song. I love it and the movie so much - don't tell me to let it go! ;p

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by conorlovescarrie:) View Post
    I think Idina is insanely talented, but she always seems to butcher big performances - NYE was really bad, like really really bad, the Oscars wasn't so hot, and even when she sang Defying Gravity at the Tony's it wasn't very good.
    I've always wanted to hear Carrie sing this song. I love it and the movie so much - don't tell me to let it go! ;p
    ^Speaking of "Defying Gravity"!!!!

Huge Carrie Follower
    I'm just not a fan of pitting women against each other for the sake of it...

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    Hmm, but who is doing that tho?? Surely haven't seen anyone in here.

Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    These singing topics like this is nothing but positive. Xtinas videos are very informative and interesting about what Carrie could do with the different songs using her own live performances from various venues. I enjoy watching them a lot. Its interesting to hear from people who know about the type of singing Carrie does and what she can do and her capabilities as vocalist. How about watching them because they really are good videos.
    MelissaD likes this.

^Speaking of "Defying Gravity"!!!!

She puts a lot of hard work into her videos but they are awesome.
    MelissaD likes this.

Never got the public's love for Idina's voice actually. Her voice strains so much at high notes.
    She got lucky with Frozen, imo.

That said... don't think this proves that Carrie should have have sung the song lol...

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Never got the public's love for Idina's voice actually. Her voice strains so much at high notes.
    She got lucky with Frozen, imo.

That said... don't think this proves that Carrie should have have sung the song lol...
    Well, that statement obviously had a strong hyperbolic undertone to it haha, but it certainly does prove that she'd be able to tackle the notes LIVE far better than Idina ever has.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Have to say I'm not much of a fan of Idina, but would have liked to see her in Wicked.....

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    Have to say I'm not much of a fan of Idina, but would have liked to see her in Wicked.....
    I would have liked to see Shoshana Bean, Jemma Rix, and Eden Espinosa. But with Kristen Cheno as Glinda of course!

•