Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: The Complete Vocal Range & Profile of Carrie Underwood!

Insane Carrie Fan

The Complete Vocal Range & Profile of Carrie Underwood!

Just saw that it was uploaded! Going to get started on watching it now. Share your thoughts!

Last edited by MelissaD; 07-28-2016 at 09:53 PM.
    Curr, teesharky, txacar and 3 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I'm not sure if this only applies in my country, but, unfortunately, it says the Grammys have blocked the video on copyright grounds
    teesharky likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I'm not sure if this only applies in my country, but, unfortunately, it says the Grammys have blocked the video on copyright grounds
    Same here, it paused midway through my viewing of it and had that same message. Shame, the video was absolutely outstanding from what I saw. The quality, the clips, the way it was structured. It was already Carrie's best "Vocal" video on youtube just from the 5 minutes I watched (out of 20). That's very very annoying. Hopefully the user will re-upload and remove whatever Grammy performance she used.
    Farawayhills and Gator like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Guys, she's re-uploading it. It turned out the performance that got it removed was Before He Cheats from the 2007 Grammys. Sucks, because she used that under the "runs and riffs" section, and that would have been an excellent showcase. Oh well. But anyway, she knows I'm posting it on a Carrie fan site and said she hopes that no one is in Germany because that's the only country it should be blocked in lol.
    Gator, bluetb4, txacar and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Okay guys I edited the OP, watch it FAST before it gets deleted again. Hopefully it doesn't!
    bluetb4, Gator and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Wow, absolutely FLAWLESS video. Everything about it is amazing. It needs to be seen by all. I love the part where Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera were praising Carrie on The Voice when Christina had one of her contestants perform Good Girl a few seasons back.
    Gator, bluetb4 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for sharing this Melissa! I can't watch since I'm at work - I can listen to music, but someone coming by would hear this and wonder what the heck I'm listening to or watching, lol. I hope I can find the time to watch it in full!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    What can i say but thank you for this amazing video, and the others.. She is a vocal beast and no one has been able to top her of all my favorite singers..... I think I have cried more times listening to her voice than any other singer out there.....

I have always been a big fan of big voiced singers, but Carrie can sing anyway/anything and it still captivates me.... What part of her voice is not amazing..... And the sustaining of notes, takes my breath away just listening to it....
    Gator, bluetb4 and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^Amen! The video is absolutely outstanding and perfectly encapsulates Carrie's vocal range, flexibility, and versatility. It covered pretty much everything. We have to share the heck out of this video! I'd love for Carrie to be able to see it, because she probably doesn't even realize how big her range is. I still remember her saying the note in AAG (E5) was the highest note she's ever hit, when it wasn't even close LOL.
    Gator, bluetb4, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Absolutely amazing! Thanks Melissa! I tweeted & added Shawn & Ed on my tweet because they both follow me. Shawn likes lots of my tweets so he'll see it for sure. Hopefully, he'll pass it along as he sometimes does. I'll keep tweeting for sure.
    rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    GREAT VIDEO! hope we hear more of those higher notes in the future! Carrie should see this and know how high she can reach! I felt nostalgic a bit with some of the parts there... 😁
    bluetb4 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Great video! I really liked the comments included by Adam and Christina. Carrie is a rare singer, and for the most part I don't know why some people try to sing her more difficult songs.

I was watching AGT and this singer sang "Alone". I was waiting for Simon's response (as we know when Carrie sang that on Idol he made his very famous prediction), he didn't say anything about Carrie but he wasn't impressed.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    Great video! I really liked the comments included by Adam and Christina. Carrie is a rare singer, and for the most part I don't know why some people try to sing her more difficult songs.

I was watching AGT and this singer sang "Alone". I was waiting for Simon's response (as we know when Carrie sang that on Idol he made his very famous prediction), he didn't say anything about Carrie but he wasn't impressed.
    Christina chose "Good Girl" for her contestant to sing, but it was obvious that she wasn't exactly jumping out of her seat with the delivery of it. Evidently neither was America .. she got voted off the next night lol.

Insane Carrie Fan
    You know that section of the video where they featured certain notes that can't officially be counted in Carrie's range since they technically weren't vocalized? "Exclamations," as they call them. Well this video kind of explores them a little further, and showcases what Carrie's notes like that may sound like if she were to access that part of her range and actually sing in it lol. Demonstrates that she has the ability to cleanly land on the pitch of such notes, which indicates potential for singing them.

bluetb4 and lizcarlo like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    great video!
    i really love her soft voice part!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Tee and liveasong!!!!! Where art thou? I want your reactions to the video!

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    You know that section of the video where they featured certain notes that can't officially be counted in Carrie's range since they technically weren't vocalized? "Exclamations," as they call them. Well this video kind of explores them a little further, and showcases what Carrie's notes like that may sound like if she were to access that part of her range and actually sing in it lol. Demonstrates that she has the ability to cleanly land on the pitch of such notes, which indicates potential for singing them.

niiice! I wish Carrie tapped this part of her voice too.. But i can imagine why she doesn't have to... Her songa usually don't call for whistle note.. Hopefully she'll have one in the future though.. Are there any country songs that has a whistle?
    MelissaD and hjj like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks_weyn View Post
    niiice! I wish Carrie tapped this part of her voice too.. But i can imagine why she doesn't have to... Her songa usually don't call for whistle note.. Hopefully she'll have one in the future though.. Are there any country songs that has a whistle?
    Nope, none lmao. Not even high head voice/falsetto. I guess that's why she doesn't. The truth is, Carrie's range is much wider than that of the average country singer. It's ironic, because country singers are usually very solid vocalists - and more consistently so than those in other genres - but generally don't have the widest of ranges. Like Martina, for example. Huge voice that could have stopped a train in its prime. But definitely a limited range. Carrie I feel really holds back a lot vocally due to constraints that are placed on her genre-wise. I think she feels that if she were to even wail too high, she would be accused even more than she already is of being "not country enough," or a "pop vocal diva masquerading as a country act," as many country music purists have said about her since graduating from Idol to Nashville. That's the thing about her, she has a whole lot more in her pocket than most people are aware.
    jaks_weyn and lizcarlo like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    ^^^^ You make a good point. I find that most of these 'vocal range' videos, while interesting, don't really mean much in analyzing an artists range. As you point out, just because she hasn't sung a particular note because the material didn't call for it obviously doesn't mean that she can't.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    ^^^^ You make a good point. I find that most of these 'vocal range' videos, while interesting, don't really mean much in analyzing an artists range. As you point out, just because she hasn't sung a particular note because the material didn't call for it obviously doesn't mean that she can't.
    Exactly, especially when the note listed as a singer's "highest" seems very very easy for them.
    Gator and bluetb4 like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast