Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Miranda Lamberts new single Vice officially Launching 7/18 at 3PM EST to radio

Junior Carrie Follower

Miranda Lamberts new single Vice officially Launching 7/18 at 3PM EST to radio

Miranda Lambert's "Vice" Making Radio Premiere At 3PM ET On 7/18; Single Cover Revealed

Right after Carrie claims her 24th #1, they go right back on the Miranda Train, at least they waited and got Carrie the #1 she deserved with CB.
    teesharky and mofan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Reid View Post
    Miranda Lambert's "Vice" Making Radio Premiere At 3PM ET On 7/18; Single Cover Revealed

Right after Carrie claims her 24th #1, they go right back on the Miranda Train, at least they waited and got Carrie the #1 she deserved with CB.
    Gah, this kills me. Neither lady should have to schedule their releases around the other. Carrie is coming off her THIRD single and Miranda's is her lead single. It's not like they are releasing an album the same week or anything. You can't expect Miranda to just sit back and not promote her LEAD single and like you said - they did at least wait until after CB peaked, although I doubt that was really even part of their consideration - the timing just happened to work out that way. I, for one, am SUPER excited to hear this new Miranda song. I fully expect Miranda's team to put money into the promotion of this single and the album release - as they should. Carrie will be on her 4th single at that point, so it is silly to expect her to get the same level of promotion for a 4th single and year old album as Miranda will get for a lead single and brand new album.
    adam1995 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    would someone please move this out of the Carrie chat forum and into Lambert's thread

or just delete it
    sd20, pgk, AdamJ and 4 others like this.

Why is this thread here? I thought the song was about Carrie! Lol
    maddkat, AdamJ and mooret like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    New releases come out every week. They all contribute to the overall tapestry of the genre. Each and every one of them will be liked by some listeners. Each and every one of them will be disliked by some some other listeners. Fortunately, we can all choose which applies to us (including total indifference). We can also choose how exclusive, or how inclusive our musical preferences are going to be. None of us can expect the whole music scene to revolve around, keep out of the way of, or be evaluated in terms of, any one particular artist.

Maybe the CMA thread (which was opened months before the actual event, and mainly consists of posts expressing fan resentment and rivalry) would be the best place for general comments or concerns of this nature.
    Kizmet311 and pgk like this.

Concert Stars
    we should probably try to limit all activity for Miranda to the one thread.
    AdamJ and txacar like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    we should probably try to limit all activity for Miranda to the one thread.
    True, but once the single comes out, you know everyone will want to express their opinions about it. And that's fine. After all, we talk about Cam, Kelsea, FGL, Kenny, Blake singles. I just hope we can keep it to opinions of the song, not the singer.
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ and they can do it in her thread.

mods where are you?
    AdamJ, pklongbeach and txacar like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ and they can do it in her thread.

mods where are you?
    Are you saying that you will not be commenting on ML's new single at all?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Are you saying that you will not be commenting on ML's new single at all?
    probably not, doubt I even hear it till my station forces me to by playing it or when the CMAs/ACMs start fawning all over it
    ethelu, AdamJ, mooret and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Thank you for letting us know -- but personally, I don't really care what Miranda Lambert does !

Concert Stars
    Another Miranda thread? She already has one.
    AdamJ and txacar like this.

WME is controlling Carrie Fans too! Nobody is safe! Lol
    maddkat, teesharky, ethelu and 8 others like this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    I'm happy she's back but she going to steal Carrie's thunder again and again and again and again and again like she's been since '09.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by countryfan2006 View Post
    I'm happy she's back but she going to steal Carrie's thunder again and again and again and again and again like she's been since '09.
    In the minds and emotions of some fans, possibly. In reality, no.
    By any practical measure - sales, radio support, headline performances, spread of off-genre recognition - it's hard to demonstrate that Carrie has been damaged by Miranda, or vice versa. There is some overlap, but in general, they have had different career trajectories, and emphasize different stylistic and musical demand priorities. Both have been good for, and important for, the overall health of the genre. If either one of them wasn't there, the attempt would be made to fill their place by someone stylistically similar (less successfully, in my opinion). But if either one of them wasn't there, it's extremely unlikely that they'd replace each other.
    ethelu, Kizmet311 and adam1995 like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    In the minds and emotions of some fans, possibly. In reality, no.
    By any practical measure - sales, radio support, headline performances, spread of off-genre recognition - it's hard to demonstrate that Carrie has been damaged by Miranda, or vice versa. There is some overlap, but in general, they have had different career trajectories, and emphasize different stylistic and musical demand priorities. Both have been good for, and important for, the overall health of the genre. If either one of them wasn't there, the attempt would be made to fill their place by someone stylistically similar (less successfully, in my opinion). But if either one of them wasn't there, it's extremely unlikely that they'd replace each other.
    Exactly! This whole 'there can be only one' attitude is very frustrating. They are both great talents who have both been hugely successful. I understand that much of the resentment from Carrie fans stems from the award discrepancies but I really wish we could just let it go and enjoy the music. The award show politics aren't likely to change but they are a tiny piece of the whole equation.
    pgk, ethelu, Farawayhills and 1 others like this.

I don't think they are doing this to steal Carrie thunder. Miranda is just releasing her first single. I'm excited to hear it.
    ethelu likes this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    [QUOTE=countryfan2006;4701532]I'm happy she's back but she going to steal Carrie's thunder again and again and again and again and again like she's been since '09.[/QUOT

Nobody steals Carrie's thunder. It's too big, strong and broad. Case in point, three number 1's in a row. And I believe that still would have been the case had Miranda been active on the charts at this time. I don't think Miranda will ever match Carrie's level of success and celebrity/popularity in the music industry in general, and gives Carrie access to stages here and abroad for events in all genres of music.
    But, perhaps you are referring to that insular group of voters who participate in the CMA/ACM voting/nominations? In this case I would agree. But that's only 2 stages ..........and we all know which way that voting machine leans.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    WOW , I just came on here to check what Carrie has been up to and her chart numbers and of the 3 active threads. 2 of them are for Lambert. Why does she have 2 threads on a Carrie Underwood site? I am not even slightly interested in what she is singing or doing at all and did not want to post on this thread, but I believe she should have only 1 thread like other artists do on here that is not Carrie. I do not like scrolling down to find a thread about Carrie.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    I don't think they are doing this to steal Carrie thunder. Miranda is just releasing her first single. I'm excited to hear it.
    I am interested to hear it, but the title "Vice" doesn't immediately excite me. I've been so wrong about song titles before, so I'll just have to wait and see. I was sure I'd like Clock Don't Stop, but it doesn't thrill and I love Smoke Break, and I didn't like that title at all.
    Farawayhills and lizcarlo like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast