Like Tree1204Likes

Thread: Carrie at the Opry May 20 & 21 and June 7

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie at the Opry May 20 & 21 and June 7

6 shows in 3 weeks, getting it done!

listen here - Home | Grand Ole Opry

June 7 shows
    Last edited by maddkat; 06-06-2016 at 06:17 AM.
    terilyn, rainbow1, glenn7 and 5 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I was thinking just yesterday I miss seeing Carrie on the Grand Ole Opry. It's great she is able to make some time to appear there even with her busy touring schedule.

Have fun if you're attending the fan club party. I hope I can make it there one year. It would be cool to meet some of Carrie's fans in real life.

Concert Stars
    I am annoyed, I wanted a BB performance. She really needs an all-genre performance of CB or even Chaser!

Concert Stars
    The email from the fan club said she has added 6 new shows. Wonder if the May 20, 21 are part of the 6.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    The email from the fan club said she has added 6 new shows. Wonder if the May 20, 21 are part of the 6.

yes they are see the picture in the first post that the Opry posted
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    She's amazing!!! She's in the middle of a world wide tour and she's still fulfilling her Opry appearance requirement. It makes it all the more disgusting that several can't seem to be bothered. Sure makes you wonder why they accepted in the first place!!! BRAVO Carrie!!!!
    rainbow1, terilyn, Suellen and 4 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    She's amazing!!! She's in the middle of a world wide tour and she's still fulfilling her Opry appearance requirement. It makes it all the more disgusting that several can't seem to be bothered. Sure makes you wonder why they accepted in the first place!!! BRAVO Carrie!!!!
    Yeah, I agree. Carrie is amazing. Love her dedication to the Opry. They made the right decision when they decided to make her a member. :-)

Wouldn't be shocked if she had a bunch of shows throughout the summer.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I want to go to the May 21 show, but I have other commitments that day. I would love to see Carrie and Maren Morris. I don't think I'll RSVP to attend the Fan Club Party this year. That's great that they are reserving some seats for Fan Club Members for the 7:00 Opry show and live streaming the 9:00 during the party like they did last year, but since I now know that Carrie stopping by for a couple of minutes literally means just that, it isn't worth it to me anymore. I am so short and I was lost in that big group photo that I literally couldn't even see Carrie AT ALL when she came in the room. I had a good spot on the riser, but they made us get down so the band could go in the middle.

I miss the days when we got the acoustic set. There are certainly a couple of songs on Storyteller that I would love to have heard in an acoustic set at a Fan Club Party, mainly LINLYA and TGYTIA. The party was still fun last year and I enjoyed getting to meet Donna and got pictures with Carole and Chad Jeffers, but if you're like me and your whole reason for going to the party is to see Carrie, she is only there very briefly. I think some people managed to get her autograph or snap pictures as she walked out of the room, but I didn't even know where she was at, lol. Watching the Opry stream was cool, I guess, but it wasn't really any different than watching her on TV, other than being in a room full of Carrie fans and the fact that she does sometimes select different songs for the Opry.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Sure, just my luck. I had the option of going to a seminar for work.. either Nashville in May or Vegas in October and I had to make a call 2 months ago. I figured since nothing was announced with Carrie and the Opry that the chances of her coming in May were slim so I picked Vegas so I can visit my cousin. Sure enough, now Carrie says she's coming to the Opry 3 days after my seminar..... Bummer! I guess I'll have to enjoy it on the radio!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    6 shows in 3 weeks, getting it done!

May 20
    Carrie
    Charles Esten ( 1st show only)
    Daryl Singletary

May 21
    Carrie
    Dallas Wayne
    Maren Morris ( 1st show only)
    Mountain Heart

June 7
    Carrie
    Darius Rucker
    Chris Janson
    Charles Esten
    If they don't pick a woman they might as well ask Charles Esten to be an Opry member. He's way more active than all these so called country artists that have been selected in the last five years.
    ethelu likes this.

Ty
    So the FC Party is the same as last year? Good thing I didn't join this time lol.

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    The fan club party is disappointing news. I get why it was that way last year but to repeat it again is sad. Guess it's coming to end then

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    So the FC Party is the same as last year? Good thing I didn't join this time lol.
    That's the impression I got from the email. Fan Club members can get reserved tickets to the 7:00 show and they are going to live stream the second Opry show during the party. It was a nice enough party and most people could probably see Carrie, since not everyone is super short like me, but for me, it wasn't worth the drive down to Nashville and paying for a hotel just to watch her Opry show on a big screen. If you were going to go to the 7:00 show anyway, then sure, go to the Fan Club Party, but for me last year, I didn't go to the 7:00 show. My friend went to the 9:00 show (thanks to Donna) and she had a better seat (like 2nd row center) to see Carrie live than I did at the Fan Club Party, lol.

If you were already going to be in town, it's fine. But it isn't nearly as special as the years we got the acoustic set.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I agree. She makes it so easy to be fan. I love that she is super star and is so loyal to Opry. Her dedication is one among many reasons you can tell she has real and true love and respect for Country.
    rainbow1 and terilyn like this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    And since we are talking Opry and we are 5 days away from Carrie's 8th anniversary of becoming an Opry member, I took a look at the pattern of new Opry members sinceCarrie joined. Nine new members have been added to the Opry since Carrie joined. Here is the breakdown:

4 Male
    Craig Morgan
    Darius Rucker
    Blake Shelton
    Keith Urban

4 All Male Duo/Group
    Montgomery Gentry
    Oak Ridge Boys
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Rascal Flatts

1 Duo/Group with Male and Female Members
    Little Big Town

So in 8 years, the only female voices added to the Opry were from Little Big Town. I believe that would be the longest gap between solo female artists being added. By comparison, Carrie was added 4 years after Terri Clark joined the Opry. So unfortunately, the Opry member selection has followed the pattern of country radio. However there is one radio trend that the Opry is not following as no Bro-Country artists have been added to the Opry members list.
    Ann055, Smokyiiis, glenn7 and 4 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    And since we are talking Opry and we are 5 days away from Carrie's 8th anniversary of becoming an Opry member, I took a look at the pattern of new Opry members sinceCarrie joined. Nine new members have been added to the Opry since Carrie joined. Here is the breakdown:

4 Male
    Craig Morgan
    Darius Rucker
    Blake Shelton
    Keith Urban

4 All Male Duo/Group
    Montgomery Gentry
    Oak Ridge Boys
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Rascal Flatts

1 Duo/Group with Male and Female Members
    Little Big Town

So in 8 years, the only female voices added to the Opry were from Little Big Town. I believe that would be the longest gap between solo female artists being added. By comparison, Carrie was added 4 years after Terri Clark joined the Opry. So unfortunately, the Opry member selection has followed the pattern of country radio. However there is one radio trend that the Opry is not following as no Bro-Country artists have been added to the Opry members list.
    Wow, that is sad. Are there any females that perform regularly at the Opry that aren't already members? Seems like a female needs to step it up so she can get asked to join. Does Clare Bowen (I think that is her name) perform regularly? I love her. If they would consider someone from the cast of Nashville, although like someone else said - Charles Esten seems to perform the most out of the cast.

Concert Stars
    They should consider Kellie Pickler she performs pretty often, I think.

^^And out of all these members how many perform 10 shows a year?

•  
    Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast