Page 1 of 235 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree15916Likes

Thread: 2016 CMAs

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

2016 CMAs

50th anniversary is just around the corner...

Carrie received 4 nominations

EOTY (OMG!!)
    FVOTY
    Album
    Event w/Keith - The Fighter

rc live stream with Bobby Bones on Audience:

CMA Country Music Association
    Bobby Bones hosts the #CMAawards50 AT&T Red Carpet Show live on Audience. Catch an exclusive performance by Chris Janson and interviews with your fave artists all night long. Tune in Wednesday 7|6c at ATT.com/CMAredcarpet!

streaming links thanks to Kizmet

https://www.facebook.com/events/714499028703700/ (ABC Network has an All Access show on Facebook including Red Carpet coverage)

Taste of Country is doing a Red Carpet live stream

https://www.facebook.com/Vevo/ is doing a Red Carpet show live on Facebook and Lauren Alaina is one of the hosts

PEOPLE Entertainment Weekly Network | Trailers and Videos People & EW Red Carpet stream

AT&T's Exclusive Red Carpet Live Coverage | AT&T U-verse This is the stream for the Red Carpet show that will be shown on the Audience network. I think Bobby Bones is hosting, so we know Carrie will stop to talk to him.
    Last edited by maddkat; 11-02-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    Ann055, Suellen and mooret like this.

Concert Stars
    Someone suggested her doing a duet with Reba. I have always loved Reba, but I am a little put off, by not having a pic taken with Carrie at the Fight Night. That should have happened, after all, Carrie was honored that night.
    Ann055, terilyn and bluetb4 like this.

Thanks Donna for starting the thread - you're always thinking ahead for us!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Someone suggested her doing a duet with Reba. I have always loved Reba, but I am a little put off, by not having a pic taken with Carrie at the Fight Night. That should have happened, after all, Carrie was honored that night.
    That was my suggestion. They undoubtedly met at the fight night, but it's possible they just didn't get a picture together. I doubt either or of them said no to the prospect, it most likely just did not materialize. Although, that would have been cool.
    rainbow1 and Suellen like this.

Duets are great but I want her to take the stage alone.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by terilyn View Post
    Duets are great but I want her to take the stage alone.
    I want her to do both so she gets more stage time! I obviously want a solo performance most of all, but a duet with a legend would be a nice bonus!

If she is going to a duet along with a solo that's fine but when was the last time Carrie got to perform 2 songs? If she does a duet i hope she is part of the opening number and bro country can take a seat!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Looking forward to the gigantic snubs.

Poor girl will only be nominated for token Female Vocalist.

To celebrate their 50th anniversary and top her public humiliation, they might even create an award called "Most snubbed Female Artist in History of the CMA Awards", which will be first presented to Carrie.

Obviously, she will host the Festival of Fools - I don't know why she continues to do that, but whatever.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    You know that Hunchback of Notre Dame horrible scene, when Quasimodo is onstage at the Festival of Fools, happy and shinning for a moment and then the Police starts throwing things at him etc?

That how I see Carrie hosting this thing.
    She's there, shinning and happy for a moment and then comes all the categories she was supposed to be nominated for and win, but she's not and doesn't win.
    Every single time she's not announced as winner or is not even there (EOTY), it's a member of the CMA mocking and throwing things at Carrie, just like the Police with Quasimodo.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    You know that Hunchback of Notre Dame horrible scene, when Quasimodo is onstage at the Festival of Fools, happy and shinning for a moment and then the Police starts throwing things at him etc?

That how I see Carrie hosting this thing.
    She's there, shinning and happy for a moment and then comes all the categories she was supposed to be nominated for and win, but she's not and doesn't win.
    Every single time she's not announced as winner or is not even there (EOTY), it's a member of the CMA mocking and throwing things at Carrie, just like the Police with Quasimodo.
    I don't think that is quite fair to Carrie. We are doing her a disservice if we think we are smarter than she is when it comes to how the industry works and the block voting for awards. Carrie is very well aware of it, but knows it won't change, so I would never consider her a fool for hosting or performing at the CMAs. She might as well use the show for promotion.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I don't think that is quite fair to Carrie. We are doing her a disservice if we think we are smarter than she is when it comes to how the industry works and the block voting for awards. Carrie is very well aware of it, but knows it won't change, so I would never consider her a fool for hosting or performing at the CMAs. She might as well use the show for promotion.
    I didn't imply she is a fool.
    "Festival of Fools" is just the name of the event in the film. In the film, it's the major event in Paris, where they crown someone "the King".
    Turns out Quasimodo was crowned "the King", but they didn't like him, since the city was pure prejudice, so they mocked him.

My comparision was meant to imply Carrie was supposed to be "the Queen" of the night
    However, since the voting members of the CMA clearly can't stand her, she's shut out left to right.
    She's onstage, shinning for a moment (like Quasimodo was).
    Then the nominations come, she's not nominated and loses her only one, and we know why. Plus, the voting members are in the audience. That reminds me of the Police mocking Quasimodo.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^that analogy fails because even though Carrie doesn't get the noms she deserves ,& and loses the one she does get, she inevitably comes out on top.Just like she did at the ACMs.And because the voters don't hate or mock Carrie they're just mindless lemmings following where ever they're lead.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    If she is going to do a duet, I want her to do one with Dolly. After all, she is singing Dolly's most famous song on tour :-)
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^that analogy fails because even though Carrie doesn't get the noms she deserves ,& and loses the one she does get, she inevitably comes out on top.Just like she did at the ACMs.And because the voters don't hate or mock Carrie they're just mindless lemmings following where ever they're lead.
    That's true.

Sorry, it's just because I can't stand seeing her being so underappreciated by the ones who were supposed to support what she does for Country Music.

Insane Carrie Fan

To celebrate their 50th anniversary and top her public humiliation, they might even create an award called "Most snubbed Female Artist in History of the CMA Awards", which will be first presented to Carrie.

Obviously, she will host the Festival of Fools - I don't know why she continues to do that, but whatever.
    I would venture a bet that she is not humiliated, because a vast portion of the industry and fans know what's going on in some form. They continually say Carrie should win, so it's being acknowledged, so I think many are realizing what's happening. Carrie gets positive press after the event and really before for how ridiculous the nominations are. When you finally accept the reality you feel a lot better, trust me.

Concert Stars

Bc the joke is on them. Carrie and her dress change IS the main attraction...lol

Concert Stars

Haha well said! And Mirabda will get another fake award for winning the most awards. Lmao sickening but true.

I wonder how many pages we will get to before November? I'm going with 300! LOL!
    rainbow1 and terilyn like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I wonder how many pages we will get to before November? I'm going with 300! LOL!
    I'd say like 350 lol, even though she want wind, I will still hold out hope that she will get Fvoty and I know this is going to shock people, but also entertainer of the year

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The only good thing about the CMAs is Carrie & Brad hosting. ;-)
    terilyn, Suellen and DizzyDollyDee like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 235 1231151101 ... LastLast