Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree794Likes

Thread: Carrie's Aussie Tour (December 2016)

Insane Carrie Fan
    Even if she "opened", it looks like it's only 6 shows, not a real big deal, in my opinion.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^you are right! I reacted and started posting. I usually don't post in the heat of the moment. Lol
    teesharky, rainbow1 and adam1995 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Storyteller debuted at #4 all-genre in Australia with zero promo in the past 3 years.

Blown Away also debuted at #4 all-genre with zero promo, as she only went there months later.

She does have a big following down under. Touring with Keith will be great for her, as it will exposure her even more.

As I said, I believe she and the label will use it to also do some TV and radio appearances to promote her.

Concert Stars
    This report describes better their tour. Thanks, OkieChick, for finding it.

Keith Urban And Carrie Underwood Announce December Tour

Critically acclaimed country artist Keith Urban has announced he'll be heading back home at the end of this year for the Australian leg of his world tour, in support of his eighth record, RIPCORD. The Grammy-winning star will be bringing along fellow Grammy-winner Carrie Underwood in what will be a blockbuster line-up of country music's best and most famous.

Urban said of the shows, "The last time we brought our tour to Australia the energy level was off the hook unlike anything that wed ever seen before ... And I can tell you now, that the music on this album RIPCORD, is born of and made for playing live. Its gonna go to a whole other level and I cant wait to get it airborne!!"

Collaborating on a song on RIPCORD called The Fighter with Underwood, Urban also worked with the likes of Pitbull and Nile Rodgers.

With the world tour kicking off in the States in June, by the time it rolls around to Australia it'll be 6 December, kicking off at Adelaide Entertainment Centre. After that, Urban and Underwood head to Melbourne's Rod Laver, Canberra's GIO Stadium, Sydney's Allphones Arena and two shows at Brisbane's Entertainment Centre.
    Keith Urban And Carrie Underwood Announce December Tour ? theMusic.com.au | Australia?s Premier Music News & Reviews Website

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ still describes her basically as an opener.Just don't get it.

Hil
    I'm gonna guess Keith Urban is fairly huge in Australia... I have a friend there, and Carrie's not that big over there.
    HuiZ, teesharky, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    To help with the understanding for some of you: Keith Urban is huge in Australia, and way bigger than Carrie.
    This tour is going to do so much for Carrie, just like it did for LadyA when they opened for him here a couple years ago.
    Hil, gna, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Have a look at the "running times" on this site guys. Carrie isn't the real opener, she's the middle performer and is doing an hour set at each concert:
    Ticketek Australia Mobile
    Hil, teesharky, rainbow1 and 4 others like this.

Keith is HUGE deal in Australia. Don't rain on this guys, this is extremely smart of her to tour with Keith so she gets to do the HUGE arenas and have more exposure to Aussie country-pop fans. No more small few thousand venues!

I don't care anyway because I AM BUYING THE BEST TICKETS I CAN AFFORD!

I love Keith as well so this is like the BEST NEWS EVER! So excited!!!!!!!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    Have a look at the "running times" on this site guys. Carrie isn't the real opener, she's the middle performer and is doing an hour set at each concert:
    That's an opener

Carrie might be huge in US, but Keith is MUCH bigger than her over here. But every time Carrie comes back, her audience keeps getting bigger!

Be patient, the next time she comes back after Keith's tour, she will be able to headline much bigger arenas than she used to.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ No she is a Special guest. That is not the same as an opener. Lot os big names have Special guests. It is a great night for everyone!

Guys----------- the same rules do not apply overseas as here in the USA. Carrie is still breaking in overseas. She is not as established there as Keith Urban as he is from Australia, etc.

I would NEVER want Carrie to be a Special guest only in the USA or Canada. But overseas-- different rules apply. She needs as much exposure as possible, and this is a much easier way for her to get it then paying for her own tour again.

Next time- she can go alone again. This will only help her overseas! So happy!
    EXACTLY! Exactly!!!
    Hil, lizcarlo, Audra and 6 others like this.

I'm happy she is going with Keith because she will get amazing exposer.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post

The great thing about this is that they get to play bigger venues than Carrie played last time! This is going to be AMAZING!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Carrie might be huge in US, but Keith is MUCH bigger than her over here. But every time Carrie comes back, her audience keeps getting bigger!

Be patient, the next time she comes back after Keith's tour, she will be able to headline much bigger arenas than she used to.
    agree. I was actually secretly hoping for this but I never thought it would happen. Keith is like giving his stamp of approval on Carrie in Australia-- and that is HUGE because he is so beloved there.

Carrie will gain many new fans with this tour.

Question: These arenas are much bigger than the ones Carrie played solo, right? so cool.

Concert Stars
    I'm loving this.

I so wish Carrie would also do a duet with Delta for the Australia/New Zealand audience.

They are in the same label (Sony).

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    awesome! That is kind of what I was hoping for. Carrie is way too big to be an "opener" but she is not big enough to play these big arenas yet without joining a tour like Keith's.

this is perfect in every way! you guys are going to have a blast! What a great concert it will be!

And I bet Carrie does some TV promo while there, like in Sydney etc. She did those cool tv shows before.

I bet Keith brings Carrie out to do The Fighter every night on set!

Concert Stars
    Their voices would blend so well:

#CarrieDuetWithDelta

Let's trend it in December.

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Question: These arenas are much bigger than the ones Carrie played solo, right? so cool.
    MUCH MUCH MUCH Bigger!

I saw Carrie in 2012 at Palais Theatre, Melbourne. Seating capacity around 2,500.
    Now she's coming to Rod Laver Arena - it's the venue that holds tennis Australian Open final! 15,000 people!

In Sydney, she will be in All Phones Arena. I've been there few times for Hillsong Conference (so has Carrie when she visited Australia). That place holds 20,000 people!

Do all these info get more people here excited?! It's a huge jump from her previous Australia tour!!!
    Hil, Gator, Kizmet311 and 8 others like this.

I am glad she gets hour, thats at least ten songs, right? I was worried she would sing just five.

•  
    Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast