Carrie Follower

Billboard Chart Updates

Good Thursday Carrie fans,
    One of the most common concerns/questions I see in the Carrie Underwood chart talk threads is curiosity about where Carrie's current single will fall on the Billboard Country Airplay chart every week, since although we have Mediabase daily rolling and building charts at our fingertips, only country music insiders (i.e. record label and radio people) have access to the Billboard airplay numbers on a real-time basis. As the record labels become better at working radio stations specific to one chart's panel, it is increasingly difficult to figure out how the Mediabase audience numbers will translate on Billboard each week.

However, we do have the means to estimate the Billboard numbers on a daily basis, but it takes a lot of time and energy! I have a list of all the stations currently on the Billboard chart panel, and you can view any station's current playlist on allaccess.com. So all it takes to estimate Billboard numbers is adding up the audience totals for each individual station on the panel. CarrieFans.com has some of the most committed chart watchers on the web, so I thought it would be a great idea if we could assemble a team of Billboard airplay chart calculators who could work together to estimate the Billboard audience numbers on a daily basis. This would give us a very clear estimate of where Carrie Underwood and our other favorite artists are looking to fall on the Billboard chart every week, and alleviate some of the suspense of waiting 'til Monday night to see the chart in the published magazine.

There are 150 monitored stations on the Billboard panel. Ideally, I am hoping to get 15-20 volunteers to help with these calculations, so we could divide up the stations and have approximately 10 stations per person. This way no one has too much work to do. If you're interested, please send me a message. If there is enough interest in this idea, I'll write you all back with further details. It'll be interesting to see how this goes. Looking forward to hearing from you!

-CMJ

Junior Carrie Follower
    I would be interested, send more info my way.

•