Page 1 of 164 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree6639Likes

Thread: 2016 Grammy's

Insane Carrie Fan

2016 Grammy's

Since the eligibility period ends at the end of September most of the submission possibilities have been released, so what are people's thoughts?
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    They can always add, recall they added Online-BP.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Then worst case scenario Smoke Break or LTG is what her team will run with. Regardless of which one they go with I think she has the chance for a back to back Grammy Country Performance win.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    I hope they submit Little Toy Guns.

Concert Stars
    They will submit Smoke Break of course. Why would they waste their lead single? Smoke Break seems more the sort of song Grammys would like.

I love Little Toy Guns too-- but they cannot submit both or the votes will be split again.
    Curr, rainbow1 and brenda218 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    The Grammys have been very good to Carrie in the past, so I think she has a pretty good shot. They seem to be one of the only award shows that actually value Carrie.

Concert Stars
    The Grammy Awards seem to love Carrie's work, having given Last Name, ITYS, TH, and MS nominations and even a few wins when I wouldn't have expected it. It's a good song, but I still don't feel LTG was that impactful and it didn't seem to resonate with the GP much. Also Smoke Break is too new to say for sure it will get a nomination and to me it's not that great of a song that it will likely get a nomination despite that, unlike SITW when it first came out.

I'm spitballing, but my guesses for possible Solo nominees would be Take Your Time, Burning House, John 3x, and Like A Wrecking Ball? I really have no idea. Girl Crush will win Duo/Group and most likely Best Country Song.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    The Grammy Awards seem to love Carrie's work, having given Last Name, ITYS, TH, and MS nominations and even a few wins when I wouldn't have expected it. It's a good song, but I still don't feel LTG was that impactful and it didn't seem to resonate with the GP much. Also Smoke Break is too new to say for sure it will get a nomination and to me it's not that great of a song that it will likely get a nomination despite that, unlike SITW when it first came out.

I'm spitballing, but my guesses for possible Solo nominees would be Take Your Time, Burning House, John 3x, and Like A Wrecking Ball? I really have no idea. Girl Crush will win Duo/Group and most likely Best Country Song.
    ITYS, the version with Randy Travis, won the Grammy for Best Country Collaboration.

I'd say LTG may have a chance of at least being nominated for Best Country Song. None of Carrie's co-writes has so far been nominated in the Best Country Song category and I wish for her to get that recognition.

SB may be able to get a nomination in vocal category but I doubt for Best Country Song.

Predictions for Solo Performance:
    Sam Hunt - Take Your Time
    Cam - Burning House
    Miranda Lambert - Little Red Wagon (some of you may not like this but the Grammys seem to like Miranda too so this may be a likely possibility)
    Dierks Bentley - Riser
    Thomas Rhett - Crash And Burn (not sure about this one though)

Duo/Group Performance:
    Little Big Town - Girl Crush
    Tim McGraw and Catherine Dunn- Diamond Rings And Old Barstools
    Lady Antebellum - Long Stretch of Love
    Maddie & Tae - Fly
    Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter - Wild Child

Country Song:
    Sam Hunt - Take Your Time
    Cam - Burning House
    Dierks Bentley - Riser
    Little Big Town - Girl Crush
    Carrie Underwood - Little Toy Guns

And I feel like Kelsea Ballerini may get a nod for Best New Artist.

Concert Stars
    Wow you guys are seriously underestimating Smoke Break. It has a great chance for a nom!

SITW came out even later and it won anyway so the timing of release is perfect actually.

in fact- her album Storyteller might be eligible despite the 10/23 release because both U2 and Justin Timberlake's albums snuck in despite releases after 9/30.

So technically- Storyteller could sneak in this year too if Carrie's team wanted to try that.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ Justin's came out Sept.30, not after the dealine, and U2's came out Sept.9

I think they'll send both LTG and SB.
    SB has a great shot at vocal and I'd love to see LTG recognized.One of the few songs over the past year that had something to say.Of course GC is most likely gonna run away with that category.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Wow you guys are seriously underestimating Smoke Break. It has a great chance for a nom!

SITW came out even later and it won anyway so the timing of release is perfect actually.

in fact- her album Storyteller might be eligible despite the 10/23 release because both U2 and Justin Timberlake's albums snuck in despite releases after 9/30.

So technically- Storyteller could sneak in this year too if Carrie's team wanted to try that.
    I hope not and doubt it. Storyteller will not be eligible for this year Grammy. I do expect Carrie to get a solo nom. I hope they pick one and not both songs. I am going for SB for the win.

Huge Carrie Follower
    i don't think they will submit both LTG and SB for Grammy's, they will cancel each other out.

Both songs are written by the same writers but produced by different producers. LTG is good but SB has clever lyrics, is more country sounding and current on radio. So other than submitting a song that has a higher chance of winning, SB stands a higher chance because it is currently on the radio to keep fresh in the mind of the the voters.
    Last edited by melvinc; 08-24-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Tee I'm not underestimating SB's potential. I think it's a fantastic song. But compared to LTG, I think LTG has more Grammy potential in both Best Country Song and Best Country Solo Performance because:

1. LTG's lyrics are more intricate and have a layered meaning. Especially the chorus, the imagery of the toy guns play as a metaphor and a symbol. Also, by being about an issue that numerous people go through, the song has more weight as social commentary. The lyrics have more of a 'punch' in terms of its heartfelt nature and powerful impact.

2. Vocals on SB are great as well but the vocals on LTG (which has been unanimously praised) are more passionate, powerful and have a lot of heart. The sentimental weight in her vocals is something that will probably seem better for the Grammy voters.

So while SB is a great song, I feel like compared to LTG, as far as Grammys go, it has lesser chances. People usually prefer to award songs that are more 'powerful' in that sense. I hope you get what I mean.
    Storyteller, btw, won't be elligible for the upcoming Grammys. It will be next year.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ Justin's came out Sept.30, not after the dealine, and U2's came out Sept.9

I think they'll send both LTG and SB.
    SB has a great shot at vocal and I'd love to see LTG recognized.One of the few songs over the past year that had something to say.Of course GC is most likely gonna run away with that category.
    I think that they will submit both too and they should, if they submit one but not the others there could be voters who don't like the one submitted and not vote for it.

Concert Stars
    I honestly don't think either one has a chance at a win. But because they do love Carrie, I think there is a good possibility for a nomination. But this won't be Carries year. Which I certainly can't complain about. She has done soooooo well with the grammys we certainly can't complain......

Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post

Well if Mama's Song is worthy of a nomination then so is Smoke Break.
    teesharky likes this.

Lol you guys are totally underestimating Little Toy Guns.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I honestly don't think either one has a chance at a win. But because they do love Carrie, I think there is a good possibility for a nomination. But this won't be Carries year. Which I certainly can't complain about. She has done soooooo well with the grammys we certainly can't complain......
    As long as Carrie gets 1 nomination she can attend and perform to promote the new cd. That is a huge deal so if she loses this year- next year will be her big year.

But since she skipped the Granmys two years in a row now- it is critical she attends and performs. So I just hope she scores a nomination. Anything after that is gravy as next year will be her bigger year anyway with the album eligible.

Girl Crush is gonna sweep the country Gramnys for song and duo anyway. I just want a nomination and performance and I will be content till next year.
    rainbow1, ethelu and pklongbeach like this.

Concert Stars
    Ps- if that boring Automatic can land two Grammy noms- surely Smoke Break should at least get 1 as it is a much better song. Crossing my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ps- if that boring Automatic can land two Grammy noms- surely Smoke Break should at least get 1 as it is a much better song. Crossing my fingers.
    Exactly. Lol.
    teesharky likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 164 1231151101 ... LastLast