Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By steven77571

Thread: An idea I have for when Carrie releases a Christmas album

Junior Carrie Follower steven77571's Avatar

An idea I have for when Carrie releases a Christmas album

I know it may be a little early for this, but when Carrie releases a Christmas album, I would like to hear her record a version of the Brenda Lee classic "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" with two of her biggest fans, Lauren Alaina and Danielle Bradbery. Both Lauren and Danielle call Carrie one of their biggest influences, so it would be fun for them to sing this with Carrie. I remember when Lauren sang "Before He Cheats" on Idol with Carrie, and Danielle covers Carrie's stuff at her shows, so I think it would be awesome if the three sang this legendary song on Carrie's Christmas CD

(Imagines the last chorus)
    CU: Oh you will get a sentimental feeling when you hear
    LA: Voices singing, "Let's be jolly"
    DB: Deck the halls with boughs of holly"
    All: Rocking around the Christmas tree
    LA Have a happy holiday
    DB: Ev'ryone's dancin' merilly
    CU: In the new..old..fashioned waaaayyyyyyy

Junior Carrie Follower
    I think the overall concept is a good one. But if it was to be done, I would like to see it done with different artists.

Carrie has done a great job maintaining respect for 'American Idol' but also distancing herself from the talent competition world and becoming an established artist. To have a trio on there with a runner-up from 'American Idol' and a winner from 'The Voice' would definitely raise some criticism. I would like to see her duet with more established artists--Reba, Martina McBride, etc---or even cross boundaries and duet with a pop artist on her Christmas album such as Josh Groban, Michael Buble, or Sam Smith.

As far as the vocals go, I remember when she did that duet with Lauren. Lauren is AMAZING, one of my favorite from the show, but her voice did not blend well with Carrie's in my opinion. And I honestly can't stand Danielle's voice at all lol. She's a sweet girl, but I cringe listening to her.

•