Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MelissaD
  • 1 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By MelissaD

Thread: Do you think we will ever get another "Alone" performance?

Insane Carrie Fan

Do you think we will ever get another "Alone" performance?

I really hope that we do, even if it's just randomly incorporated in the setlist for ONE of her tour stops. =/
    Gator and mbh like this.

Love the way she sings this song. I would like to hear her cover other Heart songs.
    MelissaD likes this.

Concert Stars
    I Remember You was my favorite rock cover of hers, Take Me Home Country Roads was probably my favorite cover in general. I know Carrie loves her rockers, but I'd prefer she do covers from other genres. Even other country songs or pop or alternative/rock songs, like she did with See You Again or Fix You.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Love the way she sings this song. I would like to hear her cover other Heart songs.
    Same here! I'm surprised she hasn't tbh. I'd love to hear her voice on songs like "Crazy On You," "What About Love," "Barracuda," and "These Dreams" ... she'd SLAY.

The Nanook ... I too loved her cover of "I Remember You" and wished she sang it again after 2007.

Personally, I think bluesy rock suits her voice amazingly well. & I prefer that genre to country, so I'd rather hear her singing that to be totally honest LOL. I'd love to hear her cover some classic Aretha songs. Some Tina Turner as well.
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars
    The iheart performance with Jamie was the best! Every so often I have to watch it and I am so amazed at how good she sounded! It is one of my favorite performances by her. Although there are many covers that she has done that I love :-)

Insane Carrie Fan
    To think that she was actually sick during that Iheartradio performance too ...

Concert Stars
    Yeah even Jamie has posted the youtube video of this saying it was very special. Just watch the faces of the band members - they listen to her all the time and they are impressed!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I'm still hoping that Carrie goes for more twang in this era.

This would be a good choice for me

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I don't know why... but SOMEDAY.. I would LOVE to hear carrie sing "Angel Brough Me Here". She did it SO beautifully at the AI Finale on season 4. I still have that ripped on my iPod. Listen to it occasionally and it brings back all of the emotions I felt the night she won. (tear)

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mtreasmith View Post
    I don't know why... but SOMEDAY.. I would LOVE to hear carrie sing "Angel Brough Me Here". She did it SO beautifully at the AI Finale on season 4. I still have that ripped on my iPod. Listen to it occasionally and it brings back all of the emotions I felt the night she won. (tear)
    YASSSSSSS. I honestly can't believe that not only did she never perform that song again, but also didn't even record a studio version of it. That was basically her winning performance on the night of the finale. You can tell that she emotionally connected with that song on a much deeper level than she did "Inside Your Heaven," and it got a much better reception from the judges AND the studio audience because of it - and well, because of that high E-flat that she sustained into oblivion as well haha. At the very least, it should have been featured as a bonus on the "Inside Your Heaven" single. I don't know why "Independence Day" was on there tbh. Come to think of it, I don't know why "Independence Day" was recorded instead of "Alone" either. But from a marketing standpoint, I guess it made more sense to go with that since the country audience was her target demographic.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I do kinda wish it was recorded for the greatest hits album. I do feel like this song was a pretty huge part of her first decade.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Curr View Post
    I do kinda wish it was recorded for the greatest hits album. I do feel like this song was a pretty huge part of her first decade.
    100%. We need a studio recording of it. She can still do it. We have to request it. Show hunger for it.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Strip it down a little, throw some intense fiddle in there and it would fit in on a country album.

•