Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 2015 CMA Joke Topics

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar

2015 CMA Joke Topics

I'm thinking about the kinds of jokes we might see when Brad & Carrie open this year's CMAs (assuming they host again)

With it being almost August, much of the year is up, but there's still plenty of things that could happen from now to then. Which topics would be appropriate/inappropriate?

- Confederate flag
    - Rachel Dolezal
    - Donald Trump
    - Caitlyn Jenner
    - One Direction drama
    - Gay marriage
    -Selfie sticks
    -Hilary Clinton
    -Justin Bieber's booty
    -Bill Cosby
    -Ariana Grande doughnut scandal

Any country music headlines specifically? (Other than Blake/Miranda divorce)

- #SaladGate
    - The Return of Garth Brooks
    Last edited by carriefan14; 07-22-2015 at 03:40 PM.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Donald Trump gets my vote!!!!
    adam1995, ethelu and teesharky like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I think they will have it easier to come up with jokes this year unlike last year. You can't forget about Isaiah...

Insane Carrie Fan
    Saladgate, they could come out eating a bowl of salad or something. Donald is an idiot, so yeah. Confederate flag, is too drama filled and would cause controversy with the country crowd. Rachael Dolezal, would be hilarious, however they'd be crucified as racists. Would lo e to make fun of Hillary, but then you're sexist. Gay marriage, you're homophobic. Caitlyn Jenner, you're xenophobic. So may of these topics would hilarious, but everyone is so sensitive now you can't do anything. I mean they were called racist when they made fun Obama care.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'd be very surprised if they didn't address the SaladGate controversy even if it will be a little old by then.
    Curr, ethelu, lizcarlo and 2 others like this.

Carrie has talked about this issue over and over. Brad made a classic tweet supporting women with his humor. SaladGate for sure.

Concert Stars
    tyraids on twitter by celebs who don't get nominations for awards and sound like entitled asses!!

Concert Stars
    .......oh, and don't touch the confederate flag issue!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    I'm thinking about the kinds of jokes we might see when Brad & Carrie open this year's CMAs (assuming they host again)

With it being almost August, much of the year is up, but there's still plenty of things that could happen from now to then. Which topics would be appropriate/inappropriate?

- Confederate flag
    - Rachel Dolezal
    - Donald Trump
    - Caitlyn Jenner
    - One Direction drama
    - Gay marriage
    -Selfie sticks
    -Hilary Clinton
    -Justin Bieber's booty
    -Bill Cosby

- #SaladGate
    the more I read your list, the more I see that is completely inappropriate......ha ha ha ha... No way to Cosby, gay marriage, trump, dolezal, jenner..... and I guess I don't know the OD drama
    teesharky, terilyn and Pi314CA like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post

- Confederate flag
    - Rachel Dolezal
    - Donald Trump
    - Caitlyn Jenner
    - One Direction drama
    - Gay marriage
    -Selfie sticks
    -Hilary Clinton
    -Justin Bieber's booty
    -Bill Cosby

- #SaladGate
    No Confederate Flag jokes. No Cosby jokes, nothing funny about that. The jokes are usually about current topics in the news or entertainment, so a lot will depend on what is in the news closer to the show. Last year the Dems losing the Senate had happened the day before the show. No Blake and Miranda jokes. Donald Trump jokes, oh yes!
    teesharky and Suellen like this.

Concert Stars
    YES to these:

Salad Gate
    Carrie breaking the Car window to save her dogs/Isaiah haha
    Brad's Superhero Video-- They should have people dress in their Hero costumes!
    Little Jimmy Dickens MUST be honored
    Donald Trump is Fair game- he earned it lol
    All the crazy candidates popping up each week: The election Race in general is fair game
    One Direction is fair game- but a bit stale of a topic
    Ariana Grande licking donuts is fair game. lol

DO NOT TOUCH:

The Confederate Flag issue at a Country Music Award show-- HELL NO! lol They will be run out of town.
    Do not pick on Catlyn Jenner: They will be labeled bigots and country bumpkin hicks
    Do not touch the Blake/Miranda Divorce
    Do not mention Cosby-- not funny and still an ongoing investigation
    Do not touch gay marriage-- Hell no!
    abbeyjones18 and Suellen like this.

Concert Stars
    I hope they invite Catlyn Jenner to present at the CMAS. That would show the world that country fans are not all bigots, homophobes, or racist as they are unfairly portrayed.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I hope they invite Catlyn Jenner to present at the CMAS. That would show the world that country fans are not all bigots, homophobes, or racist as they are unfairly portrayed.
    That's just placating people who think country people are bigots. Don't throw random people in their to make a point, because it's incredibly see through.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I hope not. Zero relevance. The attention received by Jenner is beyond ridiculous.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I don't know if they'll address the VMA feud considering it's in the pop world but has to do with Taylor. It may be old by then, too. I'd love for them to somehow make fun of the CMAs themselves for never nominating Carrie for EOTY, but that obviously wouldn't fly for many reasons.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    No Confederate Flag jokes. No Cosby jokes, nothing funny about that. The jokes are usually about current topics in the news or entertainment, so a lot will depend on what is in the news closer to the show. Last year the Dems losing the Senate had happened the day before the show. No Blake and Miranda jokes. Donald Trump jokes, oh yes!
    The rachel dolezal would be hysterical. I can already see carrie tanning herself and wearing the "black hair"... 100% it makes the show... Lol
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    I hope not. Zero relevance. The attention received by Jenner is beyond ridiculous.
    True. I can't stand the Kardashians and the whole Catlyn thing is getting way over-played/annoying. I was just worried they would pick on her, and prove the unfair stereotype about country music artists and fans.

I guess as long as they leave her alone, they do not need to invite her.
    adam1995 and Pi314CA like this.

Concert Stars
    Sharknado 3 is Fair game. hehe They attacked Nascar on the new one tonight-- sharks flying from the sky to attack the drivers at the Daytona 500. Classic. Cheesy. So terrible it is great. lol

THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY. #Sharknado3

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Sharknado 3 is Fair game. hehe They attacked Nascar on the new one tonight-- sharks flying from the sky to attack the drivers at the Daytona 500. Classic. Cheesy. So terrible it is great. lol

THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY. #Sharknado3

It was beyond horrible, but I just could not help watching it, and I laughed the while time, because it was so stupid it was funny.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think political candidates are fair game, but better to pick on candidates from both parties and the presidential race in general rather than making fun of just one party. However, Donald Trump has always been a bit of a joke even before he was a candidate, so they might make fun of him. Salad Gate is obviously going to be a huge topic for them. I would think Carrie being a new mom would be great fodder as well. I wouldn't think she would make them hold back on baby jokes since they revealed the gender on the CMAs last year. I think divorces are definitely off limits. I think the Confederate Flag issues should be off limits, as well as Caitlyn Jenner and gay marriage. They would have to be really really careful on making jokes of any of those topics or they could come off as racist bigots (although the red state country music audience might appreciate the jokes, others would not). The doughnut scandal seems like easy picking, especially since Ariana did perform on a country award show with LBT. I am not familiar with anything surrounding Justin Bieber and would prefer he not be mentioned and I think the selfie sticks thing is just stupid. As for the return of Garth Brooks - what return, lol? His tour dates are doing well, I'm sure, but I don't think he is making any impact at radio or with album sales.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast