Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: American Idol Cancelled

Concert Stars

American Idol Cancelled

Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Concert Stars
    We are talking about it in the Idol thread, but in short; Good!

Concert Stars
    .....I would rather them be gone than to ignore Carrie while she continues to outshine them.......

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    We are talking about it in the Idol thread, but in short; Good!
    LOL I don't even know how to find all the threads any more with the hacker!
    rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Concert Stars
    I'm really sorry to see Idol go. It's still the best of the singing competitions and, other than a few Harry antics, the focus is on the contestants and not on the judges. I've looked forward to watching for so many years I'll probably suffer withdrawal, lol.
    ethelu, Suellen, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

Sorry to see it go but not real surprised. The ratings consistently dropping I think we all knew this day would come. With one more season I wonder if they will be able to find a star that will come close to Carrie or Kelly. Now to get The Voice cancelled.
    ethelu, Suellen, bluetb4 and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by terilyn View Post
    Sorry to see it go but not real surprised. The ratings consistently dropping I think we all knew this day would come. With one more season I wonder if they will be able to find a star that will come close to Carrie or Kelly. Now to get The Voice cancelled.
    The digital age makes it impossible for anyone to become a star off of either show now a days.

Concert Stars
    If they have not been able to up to now, I see no reason think they can again. I still think the whole problem is with the contestants they "choose" not the contestants that try out.......
    terilyn likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    If they have not been able to up to now, I see no reason think they can again. I still think the whole problem is with the contestants they "choose" not the contestants that try out.......
    Carrie or Kelly could come off the show now with their same debut albums and they would be lucky to sell half of what they did when their albums debuted and it's all because of the digital age and people not buying albums like they did in the past.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Let me get my 2 cents in here really quick and say this is the best news I've heard all week!!

Idol is a sad shadow of what is used to be. They should have shut that baby down a looooong time ago

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Carrie or Kelly could come off the show now with their same debut albums and they would be lucky to sell half of what they did when their albums debuted and it's all because of the digital age and people not buying albums like they did in the past.
    I know you and I have disagreed about this in the past but I still stand by the fact that if Adele and Taylor can sell multi-platinum so can Carrie. I think many things came to gether for her album to sell 7 million. Admittedly that would probably never happen. Heck it never happens period!
    But I adamately disagree that if Carrie came out of nowhere today, she would not blow up. I think she would. I can think of no other person who came off of Idol, Kelly included, who has all the necessary attributes in place that would cause them to explode in the scene like Carrie had....

And Some Hearts - the album was a perfect launch!
    pgk, JB172, bluetb4 and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I know you and I have disagreed about this in the past but I still stand by the fact that if Adele and Taylor can sell multi-platinum so can Carrie. I think many things came to gether for her album to sell 7 million. Admittedly that would probably never happen. Heck it never happens period!
    But I adamately disagree that if Carrie came out of nowhere today, she would not blow up. I think she would. I can think of no other person who came off of Idol, Kelly included, who has all the necessary attributes in place that would cause them to explode in the scene like Carrie had....

And Some Hearts - the album was a perfect launch!
    Adelle and Swift are drawing from a much bigger fan base than Carrie or any other country artist is ever going to draw from, country artist who are closer to whatever people want to consider "country" and not more popish are not going to sell 1 million + albums in a week in this era and honestly whenever if she ever does comeback I don't see Adele selling one million + albums in a week again either.

Sorry but not buying at all that anyone can come off of either AI or The Voice and sell 300k plus like Carrie did when Some Hearts came out, she is an established star now and if she can get in to the mid 200k with the next studio album that will be very, very good.

99% of all established artist can't sell albums like they did in 2005 and IMO it doesn't matter what attributes that anyone has it's just way to difficult to become a superstar coming off either of the singing shows in the digital era, if you want to say that someone could come off and sell something like 150k in a week I could be swayed for that to happen but I don't think that there is anyway in hell that anyone including Carrie with Some Hearts is going to come off AI and sell 300+k their debut week in an era where albums just don't sell like they did 10 years ago.
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

I feel as though part of my childhood is ending! #ByeIdol
    Smokyiiis and mtreasmith like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I feel as though part of my childhood is ending! #ByeIdol
    Me too. I grew up with Carrie and AI. Sad to see it end but I think it has run the race---and a good one at that.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Good riddance.

What, like maybe 3-4 winners/contestants ever 'made it'?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    Good riddance.

What, like maybe 3-4 winners/contestants ever 'made it'?
    True, not many became superstars, but a lot of the others do have careers performing and making music that they would not have been able to do were it not for Idol.

Junior Carrie Follower northtexas's Avatar
    Nice article by Brian Mansfield in USA Today:

'American Idol' is ending: Now what do I do?

Interesting that in AI's 14 year history contestants have won a total of 13 Grammy's with over half of them (7) won by Carrie.

When the show first aired I think I was 11. Absolutely the end of an era. If it weren't for this show we wouldn't have Carrie. Isn't that crazy?

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I have been watching Idol since I was 10 when Carrie won. I voted so much it was crazy. I have watched every single year since. It's hard to believe I was a fourth grader and now I will be a Junior in college when it ends. I am so thankful for that show because we would not be Carrie fans without it!

Insane Carrie Fan
    I'm thinking the tryouts for Idol next season are going to be massive, because it will be the last chance. People who might have thought they should wait until they are more ready, or a little older before trying out, are all gonna try out.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast