Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree5651Likes

Thread: CMT Music Awards 2015: Official Discussion Thread

Concert Stars

CMT Music Awards 2015: Official Discussion Thread

Apparently the nominations will be announced within the next few weeks as the show is coming up fast- June 10th. Hoping Carrie gets nominated for Somethin' Bad, Something in the Water, and maybe LTG too? I will edit this page when the nominations come out. So hoping Carrie attends as we really need a live performance of Little Toy Guns.

CMT Music Awards

Hey, y'all! Wishing you could be at the star-studded ‪#‎CMTawards‬ this year? Time Warner Cable wants to send you to Nashville for an unforgettable experience! Visit ‪#‎TWCExclusives‬ now to enter for a chance to win a trip for two to this year’s amazing event > http://bit.ly/1yKlHDs
    rainbow1, oldyfan, liz278 and 4 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    If all three videos are nominated, we will have to decide where to send our votes. I'm definitely thinking SB for Video of the Year. It was an amazing video and so much of the credit for the concept goes to Carrie, so it would be a big win for her, I think. For Female Video, I think I would go for SITW. The video is beautiful (as is LTG), but the song had much more of an impact than LTG so I would like to see SITW get recognized even if only for its video form. Also, Travis Wall did such beautiful choreography so it would be nice to see him get some recognition for that. Is there a Collaborative Video of the Year? I assume SB would be up for that as well.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    First off my full support will aways go to Carries solo stuff. I would never consider supporting someone elses song over carries just cause Carrie is "in it" or has some better shot at a win. Nope, can't do it. I know, we all know, that Carrie was an important component to that videos success. But the public doesn't know that. It is just another Miranda win in my eyes, with mirandas fans bragging that Carrie is coming along for the ride. Nope.

I think SITW has a better chance anyway. I think it impacted the pop culture more. And it had success in multiple formats and genres. It was an award winning Dance performance and SYTYCD is coming into a newly vamped season this summer so they might be lending support for its success as well. The country industry has shunned SB pretty badly. And I know they have done the same for SITW but I still believe that CMT is a pop driven machine owned by MTV so they would rather have that pop connection.

I think the only reason we see Miranda winning female video every year is through manipulation, and I think we will "Clearly" see it again! But when it comes to top honors Carrie is always our greatest hope. I just don't think the public relates to Miranda even enough to think that the "star power" of both women will work in the songs favor. I do think the vocal performance of SITW and the pop/Christian connection and the broader appeal with the audience gives it a much better chance....

...and I'll come back to where I started, I just won't vote for someone elses product before Carrie........ Nope!
    gran29, hjj and terilyn like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    First off my full support will aways go to Carries solo stuff. I would never consider supporting someone elses song over carries just cause Carrie is "in it" or has some better shot at a win. Nope, can't do it. I know, we all know, that Carrie was an important component to that videos success. But the public doesn't know that. It is just another Miranda win in my eyes, with mirandas fans bragging that Carrie is coming along for the ride. Nope.

I think SITW has a better chance anyway. I think it impacted the pop culture more. And it had success in multiple formats and genres. It was an award winning Dance performance and SYTYCD is coming into a newly vamped season this summer so they might be lending support for its success as well. The country industry has shunned SB pretty badly. And I know they have done the same for SITW but I still believe that CMT is a pop driven machine owned by MTV so they would rather have that pop connection.

I think the only reason we see Miranda winning female video every year is through manipulation, and I think we will "Clearly" see it again! But when it comes to top honors Carrie is always our greatest hope. I just don't think the public relates to Miranda even enough to think that the "star power" of both women will work in the songs favor. I do think the vocal performance of SITW and the pop/Christian connection and the broader appeal with the audience gives it a much better chance....

...and I'll come back to where I started, I just won't vote for someone elses product before Carrie........ Nope!

Ditto!!!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    SB has the best chance of winning VOTY imo.
    And since Carrie's a full partner in it and wrote the treatment for the video I will fully & whole hardily support it.I'm sorry to those that love it but SITW is just not a good video imo. It saps every bit of energy out of the song.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    SB has the best chance of winning VOTY imo.
    And since Carrie's a full partner in it and wrote the treatment for the video I will fully & whole hardily support it.I'm sorry to those that love it but SITW is just not a good video imo. It saps every bit of energy out of the song.
    I really like the SITW video, but the SB video is better, and it shows Carrie's creativity. Whatever one thinks of the song or Miranda, the video is Carrie's idea, plain and simple.

Concert Stars
    I actually think you guys are being even more "carrie-centric" than me. The country industry shunned SB it got nothing.......... I am just at least thinking that the pop world will not completely ignore SITW. It did win a Grammy Award! and the country community would not even admit its existence.......

and for the record, shot for shot, SB is by far the better video. But when Drunk on a Plane can win Video of the Year.... I don't think people are really paing attention to content! Lets be honest...!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ the country industry shunned SYA,GG and Blown Away.
    Didn't stop them from winning.
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I actually think you guys are being even more "carrie-centric" than me. The country industry shunned SB it got nothing.......... I am just at least thinking that the pop world will not completely ignore SITW. It did win a Grammy Award! and the country community would not even admit its existence.......

and for the record, shot for shot, SB is by far the better video. But when Drunk on a Plane can win Video of the Year.... I don't think people are really paing attention to content! Lets be honest...!
    The country industry ignored SB and I also think that SITW has a much better chance of winning over SB. However, I think that SB and SITW were both very good videos. SITW is pure class and very descriptive dancing and SB is an action packed video. If I had to vote for one it would be SITW as I really feel it has the best chance of winning. I surely am not taking anything away from the SB video and Carrie's talent in helping to make the video. It was great work and imagination from Carrie but I have to give the vote to SITW. I also think LTG is an outstanding video. Very clever and descriptive and also has Carrie's imagination and input written all over it. It is a shame that she is not taking more of the credit for making these videos as she is great at it. It would be great if she had more recognition for all the work she actually does. But she is in the country industry where it is all about the underdog (not going to name he/she) and building them up and making them appear better than others. The industry does not recognize Carrie's work and they have not even with Miranda connected to her name. I don't see that changing. Shame .......

Insane Carrie Fan

Drunk on a Plane winning VOTY was not fan voted, so you really can't judge by that win.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Drunk on a Plane winning VOTY was not fan voted, so you really can't judge by that win.
    That will go down in history as proof positive that the whole voting system is a crock! You can use that to judge just about anything!
    But my point was more as a counter balance. CMT are not the same voters as other country award shows. And there is manipulation in it but it is also using a certain amount of public appeal to make its decisions. We just don't know how it all factors together.

But my point is still the same; when it comes to industry voting, it has little to nothing to do with content. So it doesn't really matter which video is "better". There are lots of other factors that weigh much heavier.
    red40 likes this.

Concert Stars
    We need to vote for the video we know will win! I may not have liked the song SB, but I LOVED the video! I like SITW video, I like the concept but it is not the same as SB.
    ethelu, teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    We need to vote for the video we know will win! I may not have liked the song SB, but I LOVED the video! I like SITW video, I like the concept but it is not the same as SB.
    The SB video is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the awful song.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That will go down in history as proof positive that the whole voting system is a crock! You can use that to judge just about anything!
    But my point was more as a counter balance. CMT are not the same voters as other country award shows. And there is manipulation in it but it is also using a certain amount of public appeal to make its decisions. We just don't know how it all factors together.

But my point is still the same; when it comes to industry voting, it has little to nothing to do with content. So it doesn't really matter which video is "better". There are lots of other factors that weigh much heavier.
    pointing out again the CMTs are fan voted ...not industry voted....fan voted

SB video - 32 mil views
    SITW video 11 mil views

SB has an much better chance at winning with all CU fans voting and others
    who have seen the video and love it.
    liz278 and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan

Agree that industry voting has nothing to do with content.

As with any block voting, Carrie's fan base can help her get her the award, but in this case, if SB wins, the award will actually go to the better video. I complain about the other awards not going to the actual best in any given category, so it only makes sense for me to vote for the one I think really is the best video.

I understand wanting SITW to get an award, I do too, but if Carrie fans are split, I'm afraid she won't win anything.

Who really vote for the best video anyway? People will vote for Carrie's video because she is more popular, people lover her more, she have a bigger fan base and SITW was and still is a much popular and succesfull song than SB.

Plus I really REALLY sick of Miranda winning, so she needs another top honor? No thanks!

I will vote for SITW or LTG for video of the year no doubt.
    We can win this for Carrie and she have to share it with Miranda? No, just no.

Sorry guys but Carrie deserves this all for her alone.
    txacar likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    honestly I suspect SITW won't even be in the running for VOTY
    ethelu likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Who really vote for the best video anyway? People will vote for Carrie's video because she is more popular, people lover her more, she have a bigger fan base and SITW was and still is a much popular and succesfull song than SB.

Plus I really REALLY sick of Miranda winning, so she needs another top honor? No thanks!

I will vote for SITW or LTG for video of the year no doubt.
    We can win this for Carrie and she have to share it with Miranda? No, just no.

Sorry guys but Carrie deserves this all for her alone.
    This is basically how I feel about the whole thing. And maybe there is no strategy in my mind at all. I just have a feeling........

But I honestly did not know that SB was so much ahead in views. This is a tough one for me. It really is. It just feels like I am suddenly doing exactly what I accused Overton of doing, voting in Mirandas camp cause if you can't beat it you might as well join in the spoils. And that did not work for him. So I am so conflicted.

But I can tell you from my own personal taste; I have watch SITW many many times. even long after the bloom was off the rose I still love that song. But SB I watched like twice and that was it. Just not for me.....
    simonplay likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ I loved SITW because of the artistic and visual aspect. It did win best choreography at World of Dance awards. But I agree that the country crowd will be more into SB or even LTG as the dancing might not be their cup of tea.

so yes- I agree with Madkatt that SB is the likely front runner. Since Carrie wrote the treatment- i really want it to win something- anything.

Well seems like there is nothing in your water guys..! Lol

•  
    Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast