Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Forum links (Site Fixed)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Forum links (Site Fixed)

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

Concert Stars
    If you click New Posts it works too. Gosh crazy trolls. Must be the Haz Bin guy or thar crazy troll on twitter that tells everyone carrie is rude and keeps making up new fake accounts after she/he is banned. He is crazy enough to do this to us- and the most persistant. He has fake new accounts up in minutes of being banned. All of his accounts claim to be a carrie fan with her pictures.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    For those that have tried sending emails to the new site owner regarding us getting the server busy message alot, gotten any response back yet??? I wish someone anyone would address that issue as well as the site being hacked. I didn't have an issue the first time it happened but today I did. Its rather scary and made me make sure all my computer security was up-to-date!!! And the 'hacked' message is pretty ominous and scary!!

You can get in here too:

Activity Stream - Carrie Underwood Fans
    Farawayhills likes this.

Concert Stars
    I was on early this morning and couldn't get back on until now.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    If you click New Posts it works too. Gosh crazy trolls. Must be the Haz Bin guy or thar crazy troll on twitter that tells everyone carrie is rude and keeps making up new fake accounts after she/he is banned. He is crazy enough to do this to us- and the most persistant. He has fake new accounts up in minutes of being banned. All of his accounts claim to be a carrie fan with her pictures.
    It doesn't seem to be anything like that - it appears to be politically motivated. The hacker appears to be Algerian, opposed to Israeli policies regarding the Palestinian territories. My guess would be that he has selected one or more popular entertainment websites based in America, more or less at random, to publicize his point, and this one happened to be accessible for him to get into.

Concert Stars
    We're popular!

He's obviously quite persistent, He seems to have realized that his original hack to the front page was being by-passed by regular visitors, so he returned to substitute a new page for the main forum link. The new page includes more information and embedded sound effects. It's disconcerting that the site owners seem to have done nothing effective about the original hack, which had been there for some time - leaving it vulnerable only increases the attraction of the site for this type of hack.
    rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Will they be able to make the hacker go away or are we stuck w/him?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    For those that have tried sending emails to the new site owner regarding us getting the server busy message alot, gotten any response back yet??? I wish someone anyone would address that issue as well as the site being hacked. I didn't have an issue the first time it happened but today I did. Its rather scary and made me make sure all my computer security was up-to-date!!! And the 'hacked' message is pretty ominous and scary!!
    I sent an email to the owner and haven't ever heard back. It is disconcerting as Farawayhills said to know that the owner isn't doing anything to stop this from happening.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Is there any member here that may have a way to reach the site owner?

Quote Originally Posted by terilyn View Post
    Will they be able to make the hacker go away or are we stuck w/him?
    They may need professional help, but I would have thought the firm providing the server space should be able to provide that.

We don't seem to know much about the change of forum ownership. It was said that the new owner(s) would probably introduce themselves, but I'm not sure if much came of that.
    terilyn, rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    To get into the voting thread if you click on the small heading Carrie Underwood at the top of the threads it will pull them all up and you can click on the voting thread.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Question: By accident I clicked on Forum and now I wonder if my iPhone or Laptop could be hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
    Question: By accident I clicked on Forum and now I wonder if my iPhone or Laptop could be hacked?
    I don't think so - I think it's designed for publicity and doesn't do other harm.
    rainbow1, terilyn, Suellen and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I think the hacker is that crazy troll on twitter. He/she is obsessed with bashing carrie and calls her rude all day long from
    multiple fake accounts. Each time we report her and she gets banned- she pops up minutes later with a new fake account. Clearly she knows computers.

The creepy thing is that this hater uses carrie avatars and fan screen names to hide her hatred of carrie. Someone that crazy and filled with hate would hack this site easily.

Concert Stars
    I think I must digress T. The person you are referring to, is def. not responsible for this. That person can hardly string a few words together. He or she is good at changing user names and clearly has a psychosis and an unbelievable amount of free time, but not the intellectual ability to pull this off. Don't give him/her too much credit. This just seems like a straight up hacker job and well played.

But yes-WHO is the new owner of this site anyhow? We got a goodbye message, but never heard anything more about who was taking it over. Any mods out there who could help to contact the new owner to get this resolved? It would be a real shame if, outside of the non-regulars (or those like me who happened upon a good link via twitter), lost access to this site. I'm sure this must have 100x the traffic of all other CU sites, the OFC included.

Concert Stars
    Agree. The new owner is kind of awol. we need a way to contact him.

Concert Stars
    A lot of votes for Carrie come out of this site. If the lurkers can't see what's happening here, she's going to lose a lot of votes.
    bluetb4, Smokyiiis, glenn7 and 2 others like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast