Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Like Tree632Likes

Thread: Billboard Music Awards 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I recorded the BBMA awards and watched them yesterday. I know JB said those type of shows are usually train wrecks, but I really thought it was pretty good, overall. Granted, I was able to FF through anything I didn't want to watch. I also didn't pay too much attention to the hosts, but there were some really good performances. Here is my very quick rundown of the performances as I didn't really care too much who won the awards since they are predetermined with sales/charts. I did think Meghan Trainor was very sweet when she accepted her award, though. Even with chart success, not knowing the exact formula, it is possible an artist doesn't know they will win if there is another artist who was just as successful in the same category.

(I can't seem to find a live blog with the performances in order, so these comments are not in order of appearance.)
    Bad Blood Music Video - Loved it! The production was awesome.
    Opening with Van Halen - Didn't watch
    Mariah Carey - She sounded fine, but knowing how she used to sound, it was a little sad to hear how her voice has changed. I didn't listen to the whole song.
    Kanye - Didn't watch.
    Pitbull/Chris Brown - Didn't watch
    Simple Minds - I enjoyed the 80s throwback. It's a good song.
    Fallout Boy/Wiz Khalifa - I can't rate this one fairly as I didn't watch the whole thing. I watched a second or two to try to hear what the song sounded like. I do like Fall Out Boy and it seemed like it was probably an okay performance.
    Nick Jonas - Didn't watch
    Kelly Clarkson - I thought she did pretty good, but the song doesn't do anything for me really.
    Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - I had honestly never heard this song and I loved the performance, Charlie Puth's voice, and the tribute to Paul Walker. Very well done.
    Empire Cast performance - I only watched the very beginning and the guy sounded amazing, then I moved on.
    Ed Sheeran - Great performance, loved the song. He is very talented.
    Hozier - Love this song, still hasn't gotten old for me. He sounds good live too.
    Britney/Iggy - I did watch this one just to see what it would be like. It is not my cup of tea, but as far as an actual performance, I guess it was ok.
    Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Beautiful song, beautiful performance.
    Tori Kelly - She was really good, although I didn't watch the whole thing.
    Little Big Town/Faith Hill - Great performance by LBT as usual, the song is amazing, and Faith was not needed. She just doesn't sound like she used to.
    Nicki Minaj - Didn't watch it
    Imagine Dragons, Stand By Me - Love the song, love how they did the performance. Very well done.

Well, I guess when you don't watch as many performances as I didn't, it can be a great award show, lol. That's why the FF button is awesome. Honestly, though, the good performances were really good and I have a feeling that some of the ones I didn't watch were okay too, they just weren't my style of music. I was going to watch part of Kanye's just to see the spectacle, but as I FFed through the performance the pyrotechnics seemed to never end, so I never stopped to watch.

I'm not really fan of Kanye I've been told he's great entertainer. So I watched it. He was bleeped out most of the time through his performance. You didn't miss anything by skipping. Christina Aguilera and Janelle Monroe are the artists who I really enjoy live that has some choreography when they sing. The majority of my favorite live moments in Christina Aguilera career is when she isn't dancing. Does anyone else prefer singing and playing instruments to dancing? I like the in the moment stuff artists do while performing. I'm just curious.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    I'm not really fan of Kanye I've been told he's great entertainer. So I watched it. He was bleeped out most of the time through his performance. You didn't miss anything by skipping. Christina Aguilera and Janelle Monroe are the artists who I really enjoy live that has some choreography when they sing. The majority of my favorite live moments in Christina Aguilera career is when she isn't dancing. Does anyone else prefer singing and playing instruments to dancing? I like the in the moment stuff artists do while performing. I'm just curious.
    Oh, I much prefer singing and playing instruments. I mean, once in a while, it's nice to go see a "show" just for the spectacle of it, but I prefer concerts where the focus is on the music. Probably the best concert I've ever been to was Sarah McLachlan in March of this year. The woman gives you chills when she sings and she either just stands there or plays the piano on some songs.

Huge Carrie Follower
    off topic.. btw.. miranda get how many billboard awards so far?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopytan86 View Post
    off topic.. btw.. miranda get how many billboard awards so far?
    I don't think she has any. She's not much of a seller

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Oh, I much prefer singing and playing instruments. I mean, once in a while, it's nice to go see a "show" just for the spectacle of it, but I prefer concerts where the focus is on the music. Probably the best concert I've ever been to was Sarah McLachlan in March of this year. The woman gives you chills when she sings and she either just stands there or plays the piano on some songs.
    I can imagine it was very good. She has ethereal singing voice. One of the best concert I have been to was Alison Krauss and The Union Station. Someone got tickets for my birthday, because they know how much I liked Alison Krauss And The Union Station. Alison obviously has soft beautiful voice. She is good fiddle player. Dan Tyminsky is very talented musician. He is such good singer as well. His solo musuc us so good. Anyway... The rest of the musicians are so talented. She said Fox Theater in St.Louis Missouri was one if the most beautiful she had seen. That was nice complement to hear from someone who has traveled a lot. Alison is very good storyteller and is so funny.
    rainbow1 and Kizmet311 like this.

•  
    Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415