Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 285
Like Tree632Likes

Thread: Billboard Music Awards 2015

  1. #261
    Obsessed Carrie Fan ramb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Olavarria, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ agree that carrie does love country music so I do believe the acm/cma awards matter to her. She admitted she was hurt about not getting an EOTY nom
    at Cmas. But I just meant that technically- carrie is very successful outside of nashville despite their snubs. That doesn't make it right though and doesn't justify their bs.

    But sadly- I predict carrie will get 1 token nom at the cmas for female vocalist- with miranda winning again. Sickening.
    I get what you mean, and I agree.
    And I sadly have to agree with the last thing as well.
    As much as I want them to recognice Carrie for what she really is and does, I guess she'll get a Female Vocalist nomination for several years, losing it to Miranda every time.
    Even if Miranda changes her genre to pop, rap or instrumental music she'll win female vocalist anyway, so...

    *bitter comments*
    DizzyDollyDee and teesharky like this.

  • #262
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    24,251
    Concert Stars
    ^ It'll be interesting to see how they justify another FVOTY at the CMAs for that sad LRW which by a supposed superstar was a massive fail.Yeah she toured but as usual the numbers aren't great so they don't disclose them.She's done nothing else.
    rainbow1, terilyn, bluetb4 and 2 others like this.

  • #263
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ It'll be interesting to see how they justify another FVOTY at the CMAs for that sad LRW which by a supposed superstar was a massive fail.Yeah she toured but as usual the numbers aren't great so they don't disclose them.She's done nothing else.
    They are not going justify anything when this year would a year she would have a better argument over other years when she won but didn't deserve to win.
    pklongbeach and DizzyDollyDee like this.

  • #264
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    ....there is no reason to justify their position. They treat every other woman so terribly, Miranda, along with Carrie, IS still the biggest female it the genre. Now that is really really sad!!

  • #265
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    24,251
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    They are not going justify anything when this year would a year she would have a better argument over other years when she won but didn't deserve to win.
    clarify: the blogs.The blogs always have a reason why she should win over more deserving artist.
    the voters don't give a s**t.they vote for who they're told

  • #266
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    ^exactly. It has always bothered me as much as losing the awards, listening to articles, country media outlets, blogs, radio announcers,....trying to justify the wins or the support of Miranda. Even going so far as to actually blame the fact that Carrie has so many fans, suggesting that all that fan support can have a backlash effect....!

    So let me get that straight. The fact that Carrie is more liked means she should be held back cause she has a tendancy to attract "crazy fans". And Miranda should be awarded cause she doesn't have to worry about that........
    teesharky likes this.

  • #267
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    ....there is no reason to justify their position. They treat every other woman so terribly, Miranda, along with Carrie, IS still the biggest female it the genre. Now that is really really sad!!

    The way I see it, Miranda is biggest female country star mostly in the eyes of CMA/ACM voters, Carrie is viewed as the biggest country Superstar globally ., and yes that includes the country genre in general.

  • #268
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    clarify: the blogs.The blogs always have a reason why she should win over more deserving artist.
    the voters don't give a s**t.they vote for who they're told

    I don't pay much attention to bloggers who blog to convince themselves more than to convince readers with their arguments. They are just ordinary people expressing opinions based on their own point of view and with little actual evidence to support that view. More often than not the blog is an exercise in self-aggrandizement.
    Having said that there are always going to be people who will fall for the bloggers point of view, so be it. I still believe that in today's world where information is plentiful and accessable with the tap of finger, there are more and more people in the know than not.
    rainbow1, JB172 and teesharky like this.

  • #269
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,995
    Concert Stars
    Remember the original LRW we used to chant at camp, etc? ACM/CMA same-o same-o discussion is getting as old as that chant. (Granted, the reasons for the discussion are totally legit, but this has to be a record. Didn't even get 24 hours to enjoy her beautiful BB award.)

    Little Red Wagon

    You can’t ride in my little red wagon
    Front seats broken
    And the axle's dragging
    CHUG!...CHUG!…CHUG!...CHUG!!

    SECOND VERSE, SAME AS THE FIRST
    A WHOLE LOT LOUDER AND A WHOLE LOT WORSE!

    And on, and on, and on..........................
    pgk, rainbow1 and terilyn like this.

  • #270
    Carrie Guru
    LouisaJessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    13,672
    Concert Stars
    Carrie Underwood

    Congratulations to Carrie on her win at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards Sunday night (5/17) for “Something in the Water,” which was named Top Christian Song!

    The Billboard Music Awards were held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and aired live on ABC.

    liz278, ethelu, bluetb4 and 7 others like this.

  • #271
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,395
    Concert Stars
    ^ I bet Mike is really proud of that!!

  • #272
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    clarify: the blogs.The blogs always have a reason why she should win over more deserving artist.
    the voters don't give a s**t.they vote for who they're told
    The blogs are nothing more than whoever writes them opinion

  • #273
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    24,251
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    The blogs are nothing more than whoever writes them opinion
    I think we all know that.Not sure anyone said they were anything more.I just said they come up with reasons why ML wins awards she doesn't deserve.
    teesharky likes this.

  • #274
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I think we all know that.Not sure anyone said they were anything more.I just said they come up with reasons why ML wins awards she doesn't deserve.
    I am 100% positive that there are some bloggers who thinks that she deserved to win everyone one of them just like there are bloggers who thinks that Carrie deserved to win every award that she hasn't won so those people aren't going to give any reason why they feel that way other than whoever is their favorite.

    All awards shows need to be taken with a grain of salt.

  • #275
    Insane Carrie Fan liz278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,428
    Concert Stars
    ^^I agree but it will be interesting to see how those blogs come up with their reasons why Miranda should win FV when Carrie has had 2 huge hits off of a Greatest hits album. (And said person has had a mediocre hit and a song that only hit #16)
    teesharky, maddkat and rainbow1 like this.

  • #276
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,853
    Concert Stars
    They will just keep
    checking Miranda's box indefinitely. She is their personal Savior at this point and the only female in country in their eyes. Sick
    but true.

  • #277
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    ^^I agree but it will be interesting to see how those blogs come up with their reasons why Miranda should win FV when Carrie has had 2 huge hits off of a Greatest hits album. (And said person has had a mediocre hit and a song that only hit #16)
    Why does it matter?

    It's not going to change anything.

  • #278
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    12,466
    Concert Stars
    I recorded the BBMA awards and watched them yesterday. I know JB said those type of shows are usually train wrecks, but I really thought it was pretty good, overall. Granted, I was able to FF through anything I didn't want to watch. I also didn't pay too much attention to the hosts, but there were some really good performances. Here is my very quick rundown of the performances as I didn't really care too much who won the awards since they are predetermined with sales/charts. I did think Meghan Trainor was very sweet when she accepted her award, though. Even with chart success, not knowing the exact formula, it is possible an artist doesn't know they will win if there is another artist who was just as successful in the same category.

    (I can't seem to find a live blog with the performances in order, so these comments are not in order of appearance.)
    Bad Blood Music Video - Loved it! The production was awesome.
    Opening with Van Halen - Didn't watch
    Mariah Carey - She sounded fine, but knowing how she used to sound, it was a little sad to hear how her voice has changed. I didn't listen to the whole song.
    Kanye - Didn't watch.
    Pitbull/Chris Brown - Didn't watch
    Simple Minds - I enjoyed the 80s throwback. It's a good song.
    Fallout Boy/Wiz Khalifa - I can't rate this one fairly as I didn't watch the whole thing. I watched a second or two to try to hear what the song sounded like. I do like Fall Out Boy and it seemed like it was probably an okay performance.
    Nick Jonas - Didn't watch
    Kelly Clarkson - I thought she did pretty good, but the song doesn't do anything for me really.
    Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - I had honestly never heard this song and I loved the performance, Charlie Puth's voice, and the tribute to Paul Walker. Very well done.
    Empire Cast performance - I only watched the very beginning and the guy sounded amazing, then I moved on.
    Ed Sheeran - Great performance, loved the song. He is very talented.
    Hozier - Love this song, still hasn't gotten old for me. He sounds good live too.
    Britney/Iggy - I did watch this one just to see what it would be like. It is not my cup of tea, but as far as an actual performance, I guess it was ok.
    Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Beautiful song, beautiful performance.
    Tori Kelly - She was really good, although I didn't watch the whole thing.
    Little Big Town/Faith Hill - Great performance by LBT as usual, the song is amazing, and Faith was not needed. She just doesn't sound like she used to.
    Nicki Minaj - Didn't watch it
    Imagine Dragons, Stand By Me - Love the song, love how they did the performance. Very well done.

    Well, I guess when you don't watch as many performances as I didn't, it can be a great award show, lol. That's why the FF button is awesome. Honestly, though, the good performances were really good and I have a feeling that some of the ones I didn't watch were okay too, they just weren't my style of music. I was going to watch part of Kanye's just to see the spectacle, but as I FFed through the performance the pyrotechnics seemed to never end, so I never stopped to watch.

  • #279
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    3,500
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    The way I see it, Miranda is biggest female country star mostly in the eyes of CMA/ACM voters, Carrie is viewed as the biggest country Superstar globally ., and yes that includes the country genre in general.
    I so love this post!!

  • #280
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Zman312's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,076
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I recorded the BBMA awards and watched them yesterday. I know JB said those type of shows are usually train wrecks, but I really thought it was pretty good, overall. Granted, I was able to FF through anything I didn't want to watch. I also didn't pay too much attention to the hosts, but there were some really good performances. Here is my very quick rundown of the performances as I didn't really care too much who won the awards since they are predetermined with sales/charts. I did think Meghan Trainor was very sweet when she accepted her award, though. Even with chart success, not knowing the exact formula, it is possible an artist doesn't know they will win if there is another artist who was just as successful in the same category.

    (I can't seem to find a live blog with the performances in order, so these comments are not in order of appearance.)
    Bad Blood Music Video - Loved it! The production was awesome.
    Opening with Van Halen - Didn't watch
    Mariah Carey - She sounded fine, but knowing how she used to sound, it was a little sad to hear how her voice has changed. I didn't listen to the whole song.
    Kanye - Didn't watch.
    Pitbull/Chris Brown - Didn't watch
    Simple Minds - I enjoyed the 80s throwback. It's a good song.
    Fallout Boy/Wiz Khalifa - I can't rate this one fairly as I didn't watch the whole thing. I watched a second or two to try to hear what the song sounded like. I do like Fall Out Boy and it seemed like it was probably an okay performance.
    Nick Jonas - Didn't watch
    Kelly Clarkson - I thought she did pretty good, but the song doesn't do anything for me really.
    Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - I had honestly never heard this song and I loved the performance, Charlie Puth's voice, and the tribute to Paul Walker. Very well done.
    Empire Cast performance - I only watched the very beginning and the guy sounded amazing, then I moved on.
    Ed Sheeran - Great performance, loved the song. He is very talented.
    Hozier - Love this song, still hasn't gotten old for me. He sounds good live too.
    Britney/Iggy - I did watch this one just to see what it would be like. It is not my cup of tea, but as far as an actual performance, I guess it was ok.
    Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Beautiful song, beautiful performance.
    Tori Kelly - She was really good, although I didn't watch the whole thing.
    Little Big Town/Faith Hill - Great performance by LBT as usual, the song is amazing, and Faith was not needed. She just doesn't sound like she used to.
    Nicki Minaj - Didn't watch it
    Imagine Dragons, Stand By Me - Love the song, love how they did the performance. Very well done.

    Well, I guess when you don't watch as many performances as I didn't, it can be a great award show, lol. That's why the FF button is awesome. Honestly, though, the good performances were really good and I have a feeling that some of the ones I didn't watch were okay too, they just weren't my style of music. I was going to watch part of Kanye's just to see the spectacle, but as I FFed through the performance the pyrotechnics seemed to never end, so I never stopped to watch.
    I didn't watch the BBMA but did watch the video. I must say, I love the video concept. I love how she uses the new system to debut high on the charts (release a new video and a remix will get her to #1 or #2 on next week Hot 100)

    However, I dislike the song. It's sounds awful to me. GREAT VIDEO though (Taylor is HOT now, I always thought she had an elegant look but she grew up now).


  •  
    Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrie Nominated in the 2015 CMC Music Awards
      By AdrianAustraliaCarrie in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 03-04-2015, 02:48 AM
    2. Vote For Carrie in the 2015 CMC Music Awards
      By AdrianAustraliaCarrie in forum Carrie Underwood Voting Threads
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 01-22-2015, 09:15 AM
    3. Billboard Music Awards 2012
      By CarrieUK in forum Carrie Underwood Photos
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 05-23-2012, 10:53 AM
    4. ‘Blown Away’ at the Billboard Music Awards
      By northtexas in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 05-23-2012, 07:19 AM
    5. Billboard Music Awards: 2012 Fan Awards
      By Cps235 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 05-17-2012, 12:41 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •