Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Today's Show TBC Performance

  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,611
    Concert Stars

    Today's Show TBC Performance

    Does anyone have video of the TBC performance on the Today Show this morning? I completely missed it

  • #2
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    24,578
    Concert Stars

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,611
    Concert Stars
    ^^Have I ever told you I love you Donna? LOL Thanks for the video!

  • #4
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,611
    Concert Stars
    Wow, she more than NAILED it! Gorgeous!
    DaisyTweets likes this.

  • #5
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Wow, she more than NAILED it! Gorgeous!
    Awww be careful Smoky, I'm sure that there was a 'flat' or 'bum' note in there somewhere. I'm mean come on Carrie, the artist that never lip syncs has to be absolutely perfect each and every time she sings. It just can't be that she nailed this performance. We must listen to it again and again and again because there just has to be a bad note in there!!!! Her voice is failing her after all and the fact that she is 7 1/2 to 8 months pregnant is no excuse!


  • #6
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,399
    Speaking of Two Black Cadillacs, Carrie did all those interviews in early December and I can't recall a single person asking about the tv show. I'm curious where they're at on it because we haven't heard anything since September. The press release made it sound like the scripts were already done. I guess maybe we'll hear how they cast it during pilot season.
    oldyfan, Smokyiiis and bluetb4 like this.

  • #7
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    What a fantastic way to start the new year! We Carrie fans are so lucky! Thank you for posting, I had no idea it was on.
    maddkat, DizzyDollyDee and oldyfan like this.

  • #8
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    24,578
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    Speaking of Two Black Cadillacs, Carrie did all those interviews in early December and I can't recall a single person asking about the tv show. I'm curious where they're at on it because we haven't heard anything since September. The press release made it sound like the scripts were already done. I guess maybe we'll hear how they cast it during pilot season.
    last we've heard anything was in early Nov.

    STATUS:
    currently in development (2015-2016 season)
    DEVELOPMENT STAGE:
    script
    Shows A-Z - two black cadillacs on fox | TheFutonCritic.com

  • #9
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    Speaking of Two Black Cadillacs, Carrie did all those interviews in early December and I can't recall a single person asking about the tv show. I'm curious where they're at on it because we haven't heard anything since September. The press release made it sound like the scripts were already done. I guess maybe we'll hear how they cast it during pilot season.
    I'm thinking we haven't heard anything more is because it isn't far enough along to comment. I mean we all know what a stickler Carrie is for announcing or talking about stuff at the proper time so I'm guessing that's the case with the show.

    I know I can hardly wait cuz I can just imagine how good the show is going to be. It seems that this short 'mini series' type show is the way of the future because ABC is doing a few upcoming shows like that.
    oldyfan and DizzyDollyDee like this.

  • #10
    Insane Carrie Fan judes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,545
    Concert Stars
    All of a sudden it will be advertised and we will know at that point, Carrie and her surprises - I'm so looking forward to this !!!
    DizzyDollyDee and oldyfan like this.

  • #11
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    24,578
    Concert Stars

  • #12
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,898
    Concert Stars
    Do you think it is random that she chose TBC of all songs to sing on the Today show? Perhaps it is pre-promo for the Fox Tv series? It just seems a bit odd that she chose such an old song.

    I am so excited for that miniseries. Hope we hear more of it soon.
    oldyfan and CrazyAboutCarrie like this.

  • #13
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    home
    Posts
    2,212
    this is random... lol I didn't even know she was in NY today.
    oldyfan likes this.

  • #14
    sco
    sco is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by mtreasmith View Post
    this is random... lol I didn't even know she was in NY today.
    That performance was undoubtedly pretaped when she was there on Dec 9.
    Hil likes this.

  • #15
    Insane Carrie Fan carrieguy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    3,825
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Awww be careful Smoky, I'm sure that there was a 'flat' or 'bum' note in there somewhere. I'm mean come on Carrie, the artist that never lip syncs has to be absolutely perfect each and every time she sings. It just can't be that she nailed this performance. We must listen to it again and again and again because there just has to be a bad note in there!!!! Her voice is failing her after all and the fact that she is 7 1/2 to 8 months pregnant is no excuse!

    i notice a touch of satire here! hahaha!!
    oldyfan likes this.

  • #16
    Junior Carrie Follower montdu39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Awww be careful Smoky, I'm sure that there was a 'flat' or 'bum' note in there somewhere. I'm mean come on Carrie, the artist that never lip syncs has to be absolutely perfect each and every time she sings. It just can't be that she nailed this performance. We must listen to it again and again and again because there just has to be a bad note in there!!!! Her voice is failing her after all and the fact that she is 7 1/2 to 8 months pregnant is no excuse!

    This post makes me sad. This is not at all what I and others were saying in the other thread. We all acknowledged that she still sounds FANTASTIC every single time she performs.

    And yes, indeed, she sounded fantastic in this TBC performance! I could tell the two "bye-bye" high notes were harder than usual for her but she pulled through and reached them anyway! haha Go Carrie. I think TBC is my favourite Carrie song ever. Love it.
    The Nanook and DizzyDollyDee like this.

  • #17
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,923
    I forgot how awesome this song is live. The good news about promoting a GH CD is that she can really promote any single and it will be promotion for the album. I would love if she would throw in a Don't Forget To Remember Me or Just A Dream performance.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

  • #18
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by montdu39 View Post
    This post makes me sad. This is not at all what I and others were saying in the other thread. We all acknowledged that she still sounds FANTASTIC every single time she performs.

    And yes, indeed, she sounded fantastic in this TBC performance! I could tell the two "bye-bye" high notes were harder than usual for her but she pulled through and reached them anyway! haha Go Carrie. I think TBC is my favourite Carrie song ever. Love it.
    I think we should just wait until you present your comparisons before making comment. Some may welcome this discussion, others don't want this discussion at all, but either way, we can't see or not see your point until we hear what you present.

    I am a newbie Carrie fan, but listening to Carrie's older performances and what she has done in the past few years, I like her voice better now. It could just be that she has added more of a gritty, rock style to some of the performances, and I really like that. When a new song comes out, Carrie performs the song pretty close to the way that it was recorded, but over time Carrie adds an intensity to the performance that makes it better than the original.

  • #19
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA/Texan By Birth
    Posts
    1,682
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by montdu39 View Post
    This post makes me sad. This is not at all what I and others were saying in the other thread. We all acknowledged that she still sounds FANTASTIC every single time she performs.

    And yes, indeed, she sounded fantastic in this TBC performance! I could tell the two "bye-bye" high notes were harder than usual for her but she pulled through and reached them anyway! haha Go Carrie. I think TBC is my favourite Carrie song ever. Love it.
    That certainly was a back handed compliment!

  • #20
    Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    969
    Concert Stars
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE TBC, but I was surprised that Carrie recorded this song to air on the Today show. I would expect a bigger hit like BA, AAG, CC, or the predictable JTTW or BHC to be performed to promote GH. That being said, I still enjoyed the performance!


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Today Show (Dec. 9, 2014)
      By dismokemi in forum HQ Carrie Video
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 01-03-2015, 11:07 AM
    2. [Dec 5] Today Show (Official Discussion Thread)
      By opry051008 in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 11-25-2013, 07:52 AM
    3. Today show
      By jjakes21 in forum Tickets for Sale
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 09-28-2012, 10:21 PM
    4. Today Show Audio/Video (8-15-12) here!
      By blitzer50 in forum HQ Carrie Video
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: 08-20-2012, 10:59 AM
    5. Carrie On The Circle, Today Tonight, Sunrise + Showcase Performance!
      By AdrianAustraliaCarrie in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 408
      Last Post: 06-18-2011, 10:10 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •