Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Today's Show TBC Performance

Concert Stars

Today's Show TBC Performance

Does anyone have video of the TBC performance on the Today Show this morning? I completely missed it

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    ^^Have I ever told you I love you Donna? LOL Thanks for the video!

Concert Stars
    Wow, she more than NAILED it! Gorgeous!
    DaisyTweets likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Wow, she more than NAILED it! Gorgeous!
    Awww be careful Smoky, I'm sure that there was a 'flat' or 'bum' note in there somewhere. I'm mean come on Carrie, the artist that never lip syncs has to be absolutely perfect each and every time she sings. It just can't be that she nailed this performance. We must listen to it again and again and again because there just has to be a bad note in there!!!! Her voice is failing her after all and the fact that she is 7 1/2 to 8 months pregnant is no excuse!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Speaking of Two Black Cadillacs, Carrie did all those interviews in early December and I can't recall a single person asking about the tv show. I'm curious where they're at on it because we haven't heard anything since September. The press release made it sound like the scripts were already done. I guess maybe we'll hear how they cast it during pilot season.
    oldyfan, Smokyiiis and bluetb4 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    What a fantastic way to start the new year! We Carrie fans are so lucky! Thank you for posting, I had no idea it was on.
    maddkat, DizzyDollyDee and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    Speaking of Two Black Cadillacs, Carrie did all those interviews in early December and I can't recall a single person asking about the tv show. I'm curious where they're at on it because we haven't heard anything since September. The press release made it sound like the scripts were already done. I guess maybe we'll hear how they cast it during pilot season.
    last we've heard anything was in early Nov.

currently in development (2015-2016 season)
    DEVELOPMENT STAGE:
    script
    Shows A-Z - two black cadillacs on fox | TheFutonCritic.com

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    I'm thinking we haven't heard anything more is because it isn't far enough along to comment. I mean we all know what a stickler Carrie is for announcing or talking about stuff at the proper time so I'm guessing that's the case with the show.

I know I can hardly wait cuz I can just imagine how good the show is going to be. It seems that this short 'mini series' type show is the way of the future because ABC is doing a few upcoming shows like that.
    oldyfan and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    All of a sudden it will be advertised and we will know at that point, Carrie and her surprises - I'm so looking forward to this !!!
    DizzyDollyDee and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    Do you think it is random that she chose TBC of all songs to sing on the Today show? Perhaps it is pre-promo for the Fox Tv series? It just seems a bit odd that she chose such an old song.

I am so excited for that miniseries. Hope we hear more of it soon.
    oldyfan and CrazyAboutCarrie like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    this is random... lol I didn't even know she was in NY today.
    oldyfan likes this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mtreasmith View Post
    this is random... lol I didn't even know she was in NY today.
    That performance was undoubtedly pretaped when she was there on Dec 9.
    Hil likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Awww be careful Smoky, I'm sure that there was a 'flat' or 'bum' note in there somewhere. I'm mean come on Carrie, the artist that never lip syncs has to be absolutely perfect each and every time she sings. It just can't be that she nailed this performance. We must listen to it again and again and again because there just has to be a bad note in there!!!! Her voice is failing her after all and the fact that she is 7 1/2 to 8 months pregnant is no excuse!

i notice a touch of satire here! hahaha!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower montdu39's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post

This post makes me sad. This is not at all what I and others were saying in the other thread. We all acknowledged that she still sounds FANTASTIC every single time she performs.

And yes, indeed, she sounded fantastic in this TBC performance! I could tell the two "bye-bye" high notes were harder than usual for her but she pulled through and reached them anyway! haha Go Carrie. I think TBC is my favourite Carrie song ever. Love it.
    The Nanook and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I forgot how awesome this song is live. The good news about promoting a GH CD is that she can really promote any single and it will be promotion for the album. I would love if she would throw in a Don't Forget To Remember Me or Just A Dream performance.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by montdu39 View Post
    This post makes me sad. This is not at all what I and others were saying in the other thread. We all acknowledged that she still sounds FANTASTIC every single time she performs.

And yes, indeed, she sounded fantastic in this TBC performance! I could tell the two "bye-bye" high notes were harder than usual for her but she pulled through and reached them anyway! haha Go Carrie. I think TBC is my favourite Carrie song ever. Love it.
    I think we should just wait until you present your comparisons before making comment. Some may welcome this discussion, others don't want this discussion at all, but either way, we can't see or not see your point until we hear what you present.

I am a newbie Carrie fan, but listening to Carrie's older performances and what she has done in the past few years, I like her voice better now. It could just be that she has added more of a gritty, rock style to some of the performances, and I really like that. When a new song comes out, Carrie performs the song pretty close to the way that it was recorded, but over time Carrie adds an intensity to the performance that makes it better than the original.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by montdu39 View Post

That certainly was a back handed compliment!

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE TBC, but I was surprised that Carrie recorded this song to air on the Today show. I would expect a bigger hit like BA, AAG, CC, or the predictable JTTW or BHC to be performed to promote GH. That being said, I still enjoyed the performance!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast