Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Like Tree3373Likes

Thread: Carrie's submissions for Grammys 2015

I'm thinking Miranda and Eric will be selected for the country performances since they have the most nominations.
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Her performances were rather dull both times, tbh. But- she has several country nominations so I think OVerton will fight to get her a performance slot, especially with Carrie out of commission.

I swear- -Miranda will never take a break -- so it is almost like she is eligible every single year for country album. *(lol so it seems)

But Platinum is a strong country album, and I would not be upset if it won. It is definitely a deserving candidate. I am rooting for Eric Church though. Love his album.

For Solo-- I do agree with the above poster(s) that ERic Church may be Carrie's biggest threat, though, as Cary said-- Keith Urban is definitely a Grammy favorite too.

Automatic seems just too dull and over-rated to me to win anything- but then again, it got nominated somehow, so who knows.
    terilyn likes this.

^^Unlike the CMAs, I find it difficult to predict the winners for the Grammys lol. I was so sure that Miranda's Revolution will win Country Album since it was a career-defining album for her, but Lady A's Need You Now beat it. I was really surprised by that.

I agree that Platinum is a strong country album and is a strong contender for the category. It is both a commercial and critical success. Eric Church's album is also successful both critically and commercially. I'm not sure though, how important is commercial success when it comes to Grammys? Anyway, country album is such an exciting category this year, all 5 nominated albums are deserving imo.
    teesharky likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Her performances were rather dull both times, tbh. But- she has several country nominations so I think OVerton will fight to get her a performance slot, especially with Carrie out of commission.
    Oh Tee, I know you didn't mean for this comment to be funny but it made me laugh. I guess IMO Overton has no clout or power over anything. And a ML performance in place of Carrie -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'd be willing to bet that that's a trade the producers of the show wouldn't really want to make.

Contrary to what Mr. BS himself thinks, his wife is not the big influence or power player in music that he thinks she is

Huge Carrie Follower
    The band perry will certainly not win the grammy award for best country colloboration for gentle on my mind considering 'if i die young' which was a huge crossover airplay hit did not win the year it was nominated...

Huge Carrie Follower
    also if highway don't care (by tim mcgraw,taylor swift, keith Urban) did not win last year in the grammies for best country colloboration (so glad it did not), could we assume that something bad (by Carrie underwood , miranda lambert) won't either this year... I 'm only comparing the two songs because they both feature some of the biggest country stars...
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^

You are correct that the Grammys do not always go with the big celebs or the biggest songs in terms of sales or chart success. So for that reason- any category is fair game for an upset. Lol it seems they often go with obscure collabs for the duo category- songs that may not have even charted on radio.

i would love for Carrie and Miranda won for SB- but I think they will go with an unexpected choice. The Band Perry should have won for If i Die Young. Odd they lost? But this could be their year.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ 2011 Grammy winners in the country category were strange
    TS won two for 'Mean' ,LA won album and The Civil Wars won over TBP.Sometimes Grammy voters are out there.

Concert Stars
    Ok- some news: hits Daily Double is reporting that U2,Madonna and ACDC are rumored to perform. Pretty cool lineup so far if true. I was right about U2 and Madonna but forgot ACDC.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    I wish madonna recorded an album like Ray of light... or an album full of house/eurodance/disco songs...
    why does she keep releasing albums like hard candy and MDNA ?? Atleast living for love is ok but i'm sure the rest album will not...

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    TS won two for 'Mean' ,LA won album and The Civil Wars won over TBP.Sometimes Grammy voters are out there.
    and how could mean ever be nominated for best country song?? So immature.. calling someone pathetic, liar, mean, and lonely man in life is much meaner ... everyone are entitled to their opinion so the critic that commented that taylor could not sing (for whom the song was written for) should always have the right to express his opinion that is his job afterall ...

and why does she sings about ''livin in a big old city'' as if livin in a big old city is an achievement??

''And I can see you years from now in a bar, talking over a football game
    Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing''
    these lyrics are ridiculous...is is as if she's wishing him the worse

they just nominated this crap song cause she uses metaphors but they ignored the message that the song tried to pass which was Hatred...
    teesharky, rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrie admirer View Post
    The band perry will certainly not win the grammy award for best country colloboration for gentle on my mind considering 'if i die young' which was a huge crossover airplay hit did not win the year it was nominated...
    If I am not mistaken, they were up against LA "NYN" which was a bigger monster!

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Hey now, Lady Antebellum album win wasn't strange ;) They make GREAT music!

That being said, I think Bartender was robbed of a Grammy nom in the Duo/Group category. It's such a good song and was one of the handful of country songs that sold over a million copies in 2014. The harmonies and melody in Bartender really make it an excellent song!!
    teesharky and ethelu like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ yes Bartender is a great song. Have to agree that BArtender should have been nominated.
    ethelu and carriethequeen like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^ Wow!!!!

Concert Stars
    Apparently Hits Daily Double took the article down about Madonna etc. Lol must mean it is true.

Concert Stars
    SITW is unanomously celebrated as a Carrie high point, and yet country radio programmers are paid to push and promote others with more spins......
    teesharky, Suellen and ethelu like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^ grade 80/97....what does that mean?! lol

edit: it must have to do with their website name

•  
    Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast