Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree832Likes

Thread: Carrie Executive Producer of "Two Black Cadillacs" Limited Event Series on Fox

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Executive Producer of "Two Black Cadillacs" Limited Event Series on Fox

This was posted in the Twitter thread, but I think this deserves its own thread!

?Two Black Cadillacs? Series: Carrie Underwood Song Being Developed As Fox Event | Deadline

EXCLUSIVE:Fox is revving up Two Black Cadillacs, a six-hour limited event series based on the hit Carrie Underwood song. Underwood will executive produce the project, now in development, withJerry Bruckheimer. Written by Ildy Modrovich (Necessary Roughness), Two Black Cadillacs, from Jerry Bruckheimer TV and Warner Bros TV, explores a murderous love triangle in the modern South. Or, as the producers put it, Hell hath no fury like two women scorned.
    PS - I just want to give credit to countryfan2006 for the find on this and posting it in the Twitter thread.

PSS - Two Black Cadillacs now has a devwatch page on The Futon Critic. It is currently in script stage.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/devwat...ack-cadillacs/
    Last edited by Kizmet311; 11-05-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Someone posted this on the Twitter thread, but I think this deserves its own thread!

?Two Black Cadillacs? Series: Carrie Underwood Song Being Developed As Fox Event | Deadline

It does!! I always thought it make a great movie!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I cannot wait to watch this. I wonder when it will air. If it's in development, does that mean there is still a possibility that it won't get picked up? I know pilots for shows are filmed all the time that don't actually make it on tv.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    So exciting!! Can't wait for this!! Way to go "Executive Producer" Carrie!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Donna, did you notice at the end they are all represented by CAA? Lol, too funny that you were just correcting me about that in the CMA thread.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Donna, did you notice at the end they are all represented by CAA? Lol, too funny that you were just correcting me about that in the CMA thread.
    that is funny

I would think maybe it would air during spring sweeps? Or maybe not till the following season depending on how far along they are.Too bad Carrie's pregnant or she could play a role.Well I guess she could anyway. That'd be cool.

Concert Stars
    Just commented on this on Twitter!!!!! Congrats Carrie!!!! This is epic.....executive producer?!!!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yeah, this fall is obviously too soon. Spring sweeps would be awesome. I hope they get good actors in it. I know there was probably no chance of Carrie starring in it anyway (although that would have been awesome), but I guess there is no chance now unless one of the women is going to be pregnant, lol.
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    This is so freaking cool! She's executive producing it with Jerry Bruckheimer! Our girl is one talented lady that's for sure. Anyone notice how we seem to be getting a bit more news on possible cuts for the album and now this AFTER Carrie announced she's pregnant? Definitely has me believing that they were waiting to announce the preganancy before revealing album details and other cool news. So excited for this series to air, and I'm in another country!

Cool hoping it airs and doesn't get dropped last minute like several shows have.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cmuf2011 View Post
    Cool hoping it airs and doesn't get dropped last minute like several shows have.
    I think with Jerry B. involved ,and Carrie, it'll make it to the small screen.

He's a giant in both TV and movies. Check out his resume - Jerry Bruckheimer - IMDb

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Concert Stars

Carrie Executive Producer of "Two Black Cadillacs" Limited Event Series on Fox

So Is this like a six episode show type thing? Or 3 separate movies? It says "six-hour event series"

Junior Carrie Follower
    With Carrie being so involved, it's going to have quite alot of buzz. I'm seeing other entertainment news sites picking up the story now. And like the Deadline article duly noted, Carrie has a huge fan following so ratings should be not too shabby.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It is basically a mini-series or very, very short tv show season, but it is intended to only be a one time thing - not a show that goes on for multiple seasons.

I was thinking - I guess TBC will be the theme song, right? I mean, it kind of has to, lol.

It's basically a mini-series. I hate the term "limited series" because that's what mini-series are, lol.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

I never seen a miniseries so is a miniseries 6 one hour long episode, 3 two hour movie or 12 half hour episodes?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cmuf2011 View Post
    I never seen a miniseries so is a miniseries 6 one hour long episode, 3 two hour movie or 12 half hour episodes?
    It will be six one-hour "episodes" airing at the same time and day of the week for six consecutive weeks.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Also, I think the difference in a mini-series and limited event series may be that in the past, mini-series were usually no more than about 3 episodes and they often aired on consecutive nights, so three days in a row. My understanding of this limited event series is that it will air like a normal weekly tv show, it's just that it's only about 1/4 of the number of episodes of a full season. Full season is 22-24 and half seasons are around 13 episodes (most new shows are ordered for half seasons until the networks see how they do).

Junior Carrie Follower
    It is basically a mini-series or very, very short tv show season, but it is intended to only be a one time thing - not a show that goes on for multiple seasons.

I was thinking - I guess TBC will be the theme song, right? I mean, it kind of has to, lol.
    Yeah, TBC would most definitely have to be the theme song. Apart from actually having an event series based on it, what I am really excited about is the fact that TBC was a song that Carrie co-wrote and actually had a lot of input in deciding the direction of the lyrics and the song production. This will expose more people to Carrie as a songwriter and her artistry, and what I like about the song is its connections with the Southern gothic murder ballad subgenre of country music. So stoked about this news. This week just keeps on getting better and better.

•  
    Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast