Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree18Likes
  • 3 Post By pklongbeach
  • 2 Post By teesharky
  • 4 Post By Lstname89
  • 4 Post By allamericangirl8
  • 2 Post By Lstname89
  • 2 Post By bigbluegrl23
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach

Thread: How to keep your love for Idol Carrie in a xenophobic society

Obsessed Carrie Fan

How to keep your love for Idol Carrie in a xenophobic society

A lot of Carriefans members may be surprised that I have lived in a society where nobody knows who Idol Carrie Underwood is. This takes me to a difficult situation. I can be hated or disliked by many people here who are not familiar with Idol Carrie's music. I don't hear the popular artists these haters like and only spend my whole life hearing my Idols.

Idol Carrie Underwood and Idol Danielle Bradbery are my Idols. My Idols are not only my favorite singers but also the most perfect artists in my view, and are superior to all the other artists. I don't use my smartphone to collect anyone else's songs besides my Idols'.

The haters in the society I'm living consider Idol Carrie a foreigner and a part of American culture. They actually want to force me to hear the popular kind of music in the society and separate me from my Idols. They don't think that Idol Carrie is a very good singer and they want to use the singers in this country to compete with her. They think that what they are doing is a kind of patriotism and want to praise the nation's popular music everytime. They are afraid that hearing her music will Americanize them. It will be much harder if these haters are family members.

What a disaster! Why do I need to hear the popular singers in the society if they don't follow Idol Carrie's path? Why do I need to download other artists' songs whose styles are different from my Idols? I'm not a music or culture collector. I only love my Idols. I will never have to collect any other kind of music. I must keep myself away from the popular music on radio and TV. I can not treat any singer so equally as my Idols. You don't need to hear a singer just because that singer has the same nationality as you. I'm struggling and doing everything to save my love for my Idols.

They think that Idol Carrie is a foreigner but I believe that Idol Carrie is mine. There's no way I can live without her and her music. Wherever I am, my smartphone will always contain just my Idols' songs
    Last edited by IdolCarrieAlwaysShines; 04-27-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Concert Stars
    You listen to any music you wish. You have one life to live. Everybody has one life on this earth.
    No one is in a position to tell someone else how to live thier life.

If Carrie inspires you, listen to her music....
    rainbow1, teesharky and lizcarlo like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie is by far my favorite artist of all-time, but I still love Ke$ha's music and play her "Warrior" CD in my car. I have a playlist on spotify with over 500 songs. I'd say it's 70% pop (little 70/80s mixed in too), 30% country. My favorite song of all-time just might be "Alive" by The Black Eyed Peas.
    I love all sorts of music, but the only artist I vote for or look forward to hearing at awards shows is Carrie. Basically, what I'm trying to say is it's ok to listen to other artists. You'll still have your top favorite/s of course, but you may come across some new artists/songs you really love! :-D Music is amazing and in my opinion, shouldn't be limited to one or two artists. But if that is what makes you happiest, then that is cool too.

Concert Stars
    Choice of Music is one of the few things in life that is truly free.

Do not let close minded haters bring you down.

I bet Carrie's voice is 100x better than the pop stsrs they listen to who lip sync. Lol

Do what makes you happy. Tell them they are missing out.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    My goodness.

You listen to what you want to listen to. I know lots of people who like Carrie. I'm the only person in my family and friends who like Lykke Li, Lia Ices and others. Listen to what you enjoy.

Concert Stars
    It's so sad, isn't it? The way people treat Carrie and Carrie fans. The discrimination is disgusting. Despicable. Do you know why Carrie is treated in such a manner? Because Carrie is the princess country music deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll snub her. Because she can take it. Because she's not their princess. She's a silent musician. A watchful angel. A country queen.

Thats ridiculous listening to Carrie won't Americanize them, thats like saying listening to Keith Urban will turn me into an Aussie, and I been listening to him since 2005, and I am still an American.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I also love Carrie and Carrie's music; and, most often, her's is my music of choice. There are times, however, when I hear about another artist, so I open my mind, my ears and sometimes my heart to their music. Just as you think your friends are not open minded, they might think the same of you (and I say this in a kind way). If you decide to occasionally listen to other artists, it does not mean you are disrespecting or not loyal to Carrie's or Danielle's music, or disrespecting them as wonderful people. What kind of music do your countrymen like? Who are the popular artists in your country? Life offers us so many incredible experiences, I try to open myself to many new and interesting and worthwhile experiences. They might not all end as I hope they would, but with each experience I learn something. I'll end by saying, Carrie is truly my favorite artist. I love her voice and the person she is. The world needs more Carries. I wish you happiness IdolCarrieAlwaysShines.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think it's time for some help. I'll chip in a few bucks. Maybe start a paypal account?

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    It's so sad, isn't it? The way people treat Carrie and Carrie fans. The discrimination is disgusting. Despicable. Do you know why Carrie is treated in such a manner? Because Carrie is the princess country music deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll snub her. Because she can take it. Because she's not their princess. She's a silent musician. A watchful angel. A country queen.
    this whole post is ****ing amazing.

I hope I am misunderstanding this simply because of wrong choice of words. Is English your first language? It isn't for me so sometimes I might choose the wrong words too...

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lstname89 View Post
    I think it's time for some help. I'll chip in a few bucks. Maybe start a paypal account?
    Intervention only helps when they are ready to admit they have a problem.
    Mindless bliss is only dangerous if we burst the bubble.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
    Kizmet311 likes this.

This thread lmao!

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I’m looking back at my comment. Alive by The Black Eyed Peas is not my favorite song of all-time. Must have been a phase lol I’d actually now say it’s Cowboy Casanova

Junior Carrie Follower CUnderwoodSparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    Thats ridiculous listening to Carrie won't Americanize them, thats like saying listening to Keith Urban will turn me into an Aussie, and I been listening to him since 2005, and I am still an American.
    Encountering this thread and its posts, and reading various points of view, I would write my opinion of your comment

First, I'll start with how Carrie's music is. Well, we know Carrie's songs are never emotional songs; and even when she records songs related to love, they are very different from the romantic pop songs. And besides, as a lot of Care Bears have seen, her songs always include great meanings, or stories, behind the lyrics.

And now, Keith Urban. About this male country artist, actually I have not spent time studying his music much. However, from his duets with Carrie and Miranda, I guess that his contents focus more on love and feeling. It's not wrong when we remember that he's from Australia, where romantic pop music is very popular and has influence on the other genres.

And the question: does a Carrie music lover face conflicts against the local music? I'll answer below.
    From the above factors, we can either conflict or not. It is indeed a conflict against the local music if the local music contradicts Carrie's ideas; and it is alright if the local music doesn't differ much or that Carrie fan has multiple interests.
    More clearly, I'll give some examples. Let's look at the map, on the Korean peninsula. Yes, I'm talking about a place where K-pop is dominant. What is K-pop? Well, it is a very choreographic sub-genre of pop music. Yes, that's its style. And how about the ideas, the contents? Well, like Korean dramas, K-pop songs are very emotional and focuses on romantic relationship and feeling. And now, suppose that I'm a Carrie fan from South Korea. Ok, if I'm a fan of the songs like "So Small" or "Someday When I Stop Loving You" in a feeling manner, I can stand local K-pop songs. However, if I am with the songs reflecting Carrie's typical ideas like "The Champion" or "Lessons Learned", I'll be against K-pop.

We should also notice that the difference between US and Australian traditional cultures is smaller than that between US and Korean ones.

I have acknowledged the appearances of Carrie fans from various countries in the world. However, for the fans outside of the US, I believe they have a certain degree of pop and romantic love influence. For example, the member Liatush on Carriefans from Israel is fan of multiple artists, including the pop group RBD and various Israeli artists; in this case, I'd say she is a fan of love songs and has multiple interests, so she doesn't contradict the local music. And so are the fans from Brazil, Argentina, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia, etc. I have met many of them, but the vast are the fans of the popular and general contents, instead of the typical Carrie ones.

And reaching this concept, we may ask a question, why is there such an influence among the non US Carrie fans?
    For the above example of Liatush as well as the general non-US cases, 'll explain that it's because they were born and raised in an environment where pop and romance are the most popular, and often be broadcasted on local media and promoted in local education; and it means Carrie was not the first artist they liked; so their music interests originated in various different sources and they would have various favorite interests.
    And about the fans who love the typical Carrie ideas, simply I'd say they had not been affected by anything else before Carrie, and it means Carrie was the first artist they loved. And that's why their music styles are purely Carrie's. Moreover, in term of person, I'd say that they are very ambitious, and only the typical Carrie ideas can go well with their purposes and goals in life.

And to answer the thread opener's question, on how to keep a Care Bear's love for Carrie.
    First, we should notice what the concept of love is. If love is a strong affection based on feeling, you had better find a chance to see Carrie, i.e. winning meet-and-greets or attending her concerts, instead of loving her music alone at home.
    If the word love here is to meant the admiration for her success and fame, I don't think your attitude can remain without any challenge. Everyone should note that any admiration based on fame can not last forever, because when you find someone more famous, your previous view can become uncertain. I have seen many Twitterer who claimed they were very loyal fans of a singer, but months later they abandoned her/him to become the fans of a more popular one; for example, the case of Lauren Alaina fans who left her after the first album.
    If the word love in this case means a like, it means Carrie is one of the artists you like. It's common among the Carrie fans; many people became Carrie fans because Carrie had the similar aspects as their previous favorite singers did. That's why Farawayhills became a Carrie fan after hearing "Flat on the Floor", despite he had been a fan of a country rock singer. And that's also why many people are the fans of Carrie and Brad, or Miranda at the same time. These singers have related styles. However, in this case, I don't think Carrie can be their only favorite singer.
    And how about the case of the above people who recognize her because of her typical aspects? In my view, the claims of this type of fans are more serious.
    So, how to be the most loyal to Carrie? That is, we should participate in all the fan club activities, try to meet her as much as possible, make friends with the most dedicated fans, and love her and her music because of her typical aspects which can not be shared with the rest of the music industry.

Sincerely yours
    Last edited by CUnderwoodSparkles; 01-20-2018 at 03:28 AM.

•