Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 159 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree6043Likes

Thread: 2014 ACMs (April 6th)

2014 ACMs (April 6th)

Hosted once again by Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton

Potential new artists nominees
    Lee Brice
    Brett Eldredge
    Tyler Farr
    Justin Moore
    Kip Moore
    Kacey Musgrave
    Thomas Rhett
    Parmalee

voting starts Jan 21 and ends February 4

2014 ACM Nominations tbr on Wednesday January 29 ( Good luck Carrie ♡♡♡♡♡

ACM Awards 'New Artist Of The Year' Nominees Announced | AllAccess.com

ACM Awards Top New Artist Fan Voting : Great American Country

http://www.acmcountry.com/voting_criteria.html
    Last edited by Marie2011; 01-24-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Concert Stars
    Tx. I wish the ACMS would give Carrie her much deserved EOTY nom since the CMAS snubbed her, but I am not counting on it. I predict 1 nom: Female Vocalist.
    JenuineC and referee like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Lee Brice...still??? lol wasn't Love Like Crazy a big hit like 3 years ago?
    pklongbeach and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'm predicting one nomination. FVOTY…… maybe. I just hate award shows now! All politics and hypocrisies.
    teesharky and terilyn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    Don't forget Justin Moore he had small town usa that went #1 back in 2009 and he had another #1 in 2011 for if heaven wasn't so far away
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I didn't care for Blake and Luke's hosting last year. Hopefully they're vastly improved the second time around.

Watching these two stumble through the show last year made me appreciate Brad and Carrie's chemistry so much more. It's probably not an easy feat to make hosting look so effortless.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Concert Stars
    Absolutely agree.

The "bro" attitude and and "blue humor" makes things very odd to me.

Partly because Luke is like the new hottie and Blake is like the drunk uncle. And it just makes a rather odd energy for an award show.

Disappointing also, because it used to be Reba. And Reba is royalty, and class no matter what you think of politics.

So this new hosting gig is just trash compared to her.

As for new artist. I am just os not into this whole "artists can be years and years into the industry but still be a new artist" that it just takes it all away to me.
    Obviously I think Kacey should win, but even still. She is esptablished. She's in. She is not a new artist. So the whole thing is just weird to me.

As for Carrie, I feel like we are in an off year so I just don't expect much and I don't feel like we should.
    Maybe she does deserve EOTY just because she is the "favorite artist in the genre" based on polls. She is the most played female in the industyr. She is by far the highest profile for the year with TSOM being huge exposure wise.

She certainly deserves it. But i understand how the system works. She is in an off year, so speaking for politics and "investors" there is no point in highlighting her. So I just don't know......

It would be nice, but no matter what happens it will be Luke or Jasons.

Which is weird cause in my vision Jason continues to sell and be a presense but I don't see him at all.....

Concert Stars
    ^^weird, off year, on year, it's all the same lately. It's like she disappeared from the Earth, but yet, she's everywhere.
    DaisyTweets, AdamJ and rainbow1 like this.

Between the potential new artist nominees I think kacey, Lee, and Kip are going to be the final 3

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Absolutely agree.

Partly because Luke is like the new hottie and Blake is like the drunk uncle. And it just makes a rather odd energy for an award show.

Disappointing also, because it used to be Reba. And Reba is royalty, and class no matter what you think of politics.

As for new artist. I am just os not into this whole "artists can be years and years into the industry but still be a new artist" that it just takes it all away to me.
    Obviously I think Kacey should win, but even still. She is esptablished. She's in. She is not a new artist. So the whole thing is just weird to me.

As for Carrie, I feel like we are in an off year so I just don't expect much and I don't feel like we should.
    Maybe she does deserve EOTY just because she is the "favorite artist in the genre" based on polls. She is the most played female in the industyr. She is by far the highest profile for the year with TSOM being huge exposure wise.

She certainly deserves it. But i understand how the system works. She is in an off year, so speaking for politics and "investors" there is no point in highlighting her. So I just don't know......

Which is weird cause in my vision Jason continues to sell and be a presense but I don't see him at all.....
    I don't get the off year thing. The ACMs are for the 2013 calendar year. During 2013 Carrie did the following:

• Had 2#1 hits (TBC and SYA)
    • Was the most played female artist on country radio
    • Had a extremely successful and critically acclaimed second leg of the Blown Away tour including dates in England and Ireland (and released a live tour DVD)
    • The Sound Of Music Live (not country related, but a huge accomplishment with huge ratings that shows how many fans she brings to country music)
    • Co-hosted the CMAs for a 6th straight year.
    • Played the Opry 10 times including 4 shows over the July 4th weekend.
    • Took over the SNF theme

Kacey isn't that established - Same Trailer, Different Park was released less than a year ago, on March 19, 2013.

Really, though, New Artist needs to be renamed Breakthrough Artist.
    JB172 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    ^^weird, off year, on year, it's all the same lately. It's like she disappeared from the Earth, but yet, she's everywhere.

It was not an "off" year. The eligibility was 2013, and she toured half the year, then did SOM. So anyone that says she had an "off" year in 2013, is drinking something strong. haha

I think PKlongbeach is thinking of 2014, but it is 2013 that the voters are to look at -- and no one had a bigger 2013 then Carrie.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Absolutely agree.

PK-- I think you forgot that the ACMS look at the entire calendar year of 2013 as the eligible period for awards. Carrie was busier and more successful then anyone in my opinion, and Cary just listed all her accomplishments so I won't rehash.

Next year- for the ACMS and CMAS- it will be an "off year" for carrie so she will be lucky to get a token Female Vocalist nom, losing to Miranda again. lol

But 2014 will be her off year: not 2013. ACMS look at 2013, as the noms will come out in February I think. So technically- Carrie did everything to earn an EOTY nom and win. But of course she won't get it. but it won't be for an "off year." haha It will be for the usual politics BS and snubbery.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    Not a surprise considering Sunny Sweeney was nominated in the New Female Artist category last year.

I thought that by off year that pklongbeach meant 2014 I mean there is currently nothing to promo unless you count nail polish. No album, no single, no tour, etc.etc so voters might vote for someone who is currently active and not working behind the scenes. Should Carrie be nominated if course will she no because she isn't as country as Miranda and doesn't play the nominations games that BM and TS plays.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Voting criteria is from November 29 2012 to November 27 2013, meaning that som missed the elgibilty period, we still have a tour, and snf though in addition to 2 #1 2 Grammies, etc, etc,

Academy of Country Music :: Voting Criteria

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think that the fan vote for "New Artist" and EOTY is ridiculous but at least they had enough sense this year to get rid of having a Duo/Group, Female and Male category before they even got down to the nominees to see who won.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    I thought that by off year that pklongbeach meant 2014 I mean there is currently nothing to promo unless you count nail polish. No album, no single, no tour, etc.etc so voters might vote for someone who is currently active and not working behind the scenes. Should Carrie be nominated if course will she no because she isn't as country as Miranda and doesn't play the nominations games that BM and TS plays.
    Exactly my point.

If you believe award shows to be nothing more than promo to sell product, there is just not much to promot for Carrie. So as big as her 2013 was, one of the biggest, I still see 2014 being an off year, which includes taking home awards.

If I trusted the award system, which I do somewhat for Grammys, than I would say that ACM's should be a huge year for Carrie. She should literally clean house.

But be honest, who among us believes that it will happen. And why?
    Why, if 2013 is the gauge, should Carrie not be absolutely all over the nominations??
    But she won't be. You know as well as I do.
    And why??
    I just happen to think it is because 2014 is an off year, and there is nothing to promote. Therefore, short of showing up, I don't expect this to be a big year for ACM's.

As much as I believe, it SHOULD BE, I don't believe it will be...

Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    I don't get the off year thing. The ACMs are for the 2013 calendar year. During 2013 Carrie did the following:

• Had 2#1 hits (TBC and SYA)
    • Was the most played female artist on country radio
    • Had a extremely successful and critically acclaimed second leg of the Blown Away tour including dates in England and Ireland (and released a live tour DVD)
    • The Sound Of Music Live (not country related, but a huge accomplishment with huge ratings that shows how many fans she brings to country music)
    • Co-hosted the CMAs for a 6th straight year.
    • Played the Opry 10 times including 4 shows over the July 4th weekend.
    • Took over the SNF theme
    The SOM live missed the cut off the elgibilty period for this year is November 29 2012 to November 27 2013 so the soml missed it by 8 days unfortunately.

Concert Stars
    .......can I just say I pray I'm wrong?,..........
    Marie2011 and countrygram like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 159 1231151101 ... LastLast