Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 73 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 3161
Like Tree6043Likes

Thread: 2014 ACMs (April 6th)

Concert Stars
    So now that we know about the Miranda duet- I figure they might do it at the CMT Awards maybe? Unless it is not released until later in the year?

Miranda is confirmed to perform Automatic at the ACMS, per official press releases today. So I wonder if Carrie will do an album track or some sort of surprise collab? Maybe a tribute?

I just hope she is announced as performing. She is not announced for the CMA Fest yet either.

Concert Stars
    ^^I'm hoping for another EPIC Viral collab, a la Steven Tyler. :-)

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    ^^I'm hoping for another EPIC Viral collab, a la Steven Tyler. :-)
    Me tooo..... I just hope this is beyond EPIC, and with them performing together maybe it will open up the door for more female country artists.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I can't even guess what she might come up with. As long a she is performing I will be ok.
    I still probably won't watch the show. But I will be satisfied that she is participating.
    teesharky and pgk like this.

Huge Carrie Follower Wildflower's Avatar
    She's a Female Vocalist nominee, she should be performing.
    rainbow1 and Suellen like this.

Concert Stars
    Even though I am not remotely excited or even "feeling" the ACMS this year- I do hope Carrie performs. I will be very disappointed if she doesn't perform, as she has so many amazing album tracks from BA she could do just for fun.
    Last edited by teesharky; 03-11-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    lizcarlo, rainbow1 and pklongbeach like this.

Even though I am not very am not remotely excited or even "feeling" the ACMS this year- I do Carrie performs. I will be very disappointed if she doesn't perform, as she has so many amazing album tracks from BA she could do just for fun.
    Wine After Whisky or for high energy Cupid Got A Shotgun or Leave Love Alone.
    teesharky, rainbow1 and carrieguy2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Even though I am not very am not remotely excited or even "feeling" the ACMS this year- I do Carrie performs. I will be very disappointed if she doesn't perform, as she has so many amazing album tracks from BA she could do just for fun.

Or she can perform Oklahoma Wind with Whispering Bill. Yes I'm an obnoxious Oklahoma Wind stan lol.

Obsessed Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Or she can perform Oklahoma Wind with Whispering Bill. Yes I'm an obnoxious Oklahoma Wind stan lol.
    You're not the only one!!
    Claire2004 and CUFan7 like this.

Concert Stars
    Dang the typos on my iphone are so annoying sometimes. Sorry guys. Lately it is skipping words too. lol

There's a lot on Blown Away that sorely deserves to be given some exposure. "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" and "Forever Changed" are such striking stylistic innovations for Carrie that either would considerably enhance her reputation for versatility (but she seems to have ruled them out in the past). One that I know Patrick's strongly recommended - "Who Are You" - might seem a long shot, but it's inspirational and dramatic, and strikes me as the sort of song that could work well as a one-off special showcase.

I don't want another hits medley - but I have a feeling that either Carrie or her label have virtually put an end to the BA era, and I'm not sure we'll hear anything "new" from it.

What has she done in the past when she's performed at an award show without having a current album in active promotion?
    pklongbeach and carrieguy2 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
    She's a Female Vocalist nominee, she should be performing.
    lmfao.

she's Carrie Underwood, she should be performing.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    There's a lot on Blown Away that sorely deserves to be given some exposure. "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" and "Forever Changed" are such striking stylistic innovations for Carrie that either would considerably enhance her reputation for versatility (but she seems to have ruled them out in the past). One that I know Patrick's strongly recommended - "Who Are You" - might seem a long shot, but it's inspirational and dramatic, and strikes me as the sort of song that could work well as a one-off special showcase.

I don't want another hits medley - but I have a feeling that either Carrie or her label have virtually put an end to the BA era, and I'm not sure we'll hear anything "new" from it.

What has she done in the past when she's performed at an award show without having a current album in active promotion?
    A medley or a collaboration with someone is what usually has happened, she did a medley at the CMA's so that isn't going to happen again, so either a collaboration of some sort or maybe she will sing something in tribute to someone.
    Farawayhills and carrieguy2 like this.

I would love to see an album track get a bit of the spotlight, like what happened with "I Know You Won't" at the 2009 PCA's. But that's probably unlikely to happen. I'm guessing she will perform either a tribute or take part in a collaboration.

I would just die if she performed "Forever Changed" though. I know she said when the album first came out that she has a hard time getting through it, but it would just be a real shame for that song to never get a live performance.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I would love to see an album track get a bit of the spotlight, like what happened with "I Know You Won't" at the 2009 PCA's. But that's probably unlikely to happen. I'm guessing she will perform either a tribute or take part in a collaboration.

I would just die if she performed "Forever Changed" though. I know she said when the album first came out that she has a hard time getting through it, but it would just be a real shame for that song to never get a live performance.
    I think Forever Changed is the best vocal on the cd. Her voice quality, her falsetto, her tenderness, are just precious
    Gator, bluetb4, lizcarlo and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I have been praying for a performance of "Forever Changed". I would be so happy if that were to happen, as I was when Carrie performed IKYW at the PCAs.
    bluetb4 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I want Wine After Whiskey or Cupid or DYTAM. Or a surprise.
    lizcarlo and nccountrygal like this.

Saw this in Country aircheck

Screenshot_2014-03-12-02-56-24.jpg

sorry that it is so small idk why but whenever I post screenshots the pictures always turn out tiny, there are other acm ads also I would post those also but they would turn out tiny also only posted this one because of Carrie.

Same pic as the one above this post hopefully its bigger

carrieguy2 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post

That almost sounded like an endorsement for WAY!! I love you even more!

but in truth, short of me thinking it would be cool to hear her sing it as a shout out to Mut Lang who has given country music some huge huge music, I am with you in thinking that BA is put to bed. The sales have completely flatlined and that won't change.

If WAY were supported to AC it could literally turn BA around, but I know she and the label are done with this album, and I respect her wishes.

ITs hard to suggest anything at this point, she always makes such good choices on her own. And she often surprises me with them. Steven T (regardless of the shameless AI connection) was great. It did alot for her buzz afterwards. But I can't think of any outside connections right now, so I don't see anything like that happening.

I don't neccessarily want a huge vocal showcase either. I think lately when Carrie gets a big send up it is interpreted as "oh, here is Carries big number again" and people inproperly ignore it.

I still think Carrie is most impressive to the country insiders when she sings in a relaxed way some song that the industry respects. when she sang "Make The World Go Away" it was only a guitar and her, and I have never heard the ground floor react so well to a performance by her. They were immediately reminded of just how beautifully and interpretively this lady can sing!

I think something relaxed like that is probably the best bet.
    YEs, it will mean giving the grand stage over to Taylor and Miranda who will both likely have "big numbers"!! But this ACM is not going to be about Carrie no matter what she does. So a spellbinding showcase is not gonig to change anything.

No, something relaxed and exquisitly sung would be just the ticket to remind the industry that singing is still what this is all about.
    rainbow1 likes this.

•