Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 2014 Carrie Predictions

2014 Carrie Predictions

I thought it would be interesting to post what we think will happen to Carrie in 2014 and just see what really happens.

I think that 2014 will be the year we finally get a Christmas album. Carrie said after The Sound of Music, she would start writing for the new album. I doubt she is going to start today though (the day after TSOM) obviously. So I think they may do what Kelly did, release a Christmas album in October or around then, and perfect a new non-holiday album. I think this would be perfect because you don't really have to promote a Christmas album other than just interviews and a few performances (meaning you don't have to take a year to tour) and she would only need a few original songs. I wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer for a new album if we got a Christmas one. I've been waiting for one since day one.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I would love a Christmas album from Carrie!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I STILL always listen to "Last Christmas" she sang towards the beginning of her career.. fell in love with it. If she makes a Christmas album… she better have this on there!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    I think Carrie will release a new single by the end of August, with a new album by the end of the year. Also, dare I say, maybe a baby by year's end, probably not though.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Her and Mike can go take a nice little vacation to someplace warm during the Olympic break.

What you guys want more for the first single? A new rocker/up tempo or a big ballad?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Probably a rocker to kick off the album with a bang and get people interested in it, then follow it up with a power ballad.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    What you guys want more for the first single? A new rocker/up tempo or a big ballad?
    rocker song that tells haters to go away or tells them off by saying "I will pray for you"!
    I want attitude in that song and shows how people are missing the great things in life when wallowing in hate and close-mindedness!

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    I think I'd like her to work on the technicalities of her voice now that she kind of knows what she is capable of. That will make a new album richer in vocal quality.
    I don't think it's absolutely necessary that she should release a studio album next year.
    Mid 2015 would be fine for me. Let Carrie focus on her family for a while. It's just as important as her career, if not more.
    A Christmas album in the mean time would be great. It's not like she's ever going to be invisible.

I think it will be a very quiet first half of the year, with Carrie spending her time writing and recording. I hope we'll have a new album by November 2014, but it all depends how long it takes Carrie to write the songs.

She'll likely continue to be involved in a variety of side projects as well, like duets on other people's albums or other fun collaborations.

Junior Carrie Follower Klinnerz's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    I think I'd like her to work on the technicalities of her voice now that she kind of knows what she is capable of. That will make a new album richer in vocal quality.
    I don't think it's absolutely necessary that she should release a studio album next year.
    Mid 2015 would be fine for me. Let Carrie focus on her family for a while. It's just as important as her career, if not more.
    A Christmas album in the mean time would be great. It's not like she's ever going to be invisible.
    Yes to this. I'd like to have an experimental album. BA was stepping in the right direction, but she could go farther.

Junior Carrie Follower
    It would be nice to see her and Mike have a family. In the middle of it, either a Christmas album or a gospel album. Also do another variety show at the beginning of 2014 around Spring.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    I would be surprised if she puts out a new studio album in 2014. I would guess it will be more like mid 2015. I would love to see her do a gospel album but I kind of doubt she will do that. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if she were to decide to take a little step back and start a family but she may wait a little longer on that.

I hope she has a new album out in the Fall of 2014, making it 2 1/2 years since BA. As for the first single, I'd prefer a huge ballad along the lines of JTTW and SS. Her last two albums, Play On and Blown Away, both opened with up tempo, boy-bashing songs, CC and GG. I'd like to see her open with something different this time. I don't think she will start getting the baby bug until after album 5.
    epicamends and CUFan7 like this.

^ I agree, she did say in an interview recently that she plans on beginning to work on writing album #5 shortly after the holidays, so it does sound like it's her plan to release at least one more album before taking a break and starting a family. Whatever she does over the next year, I will be excited to follow along! :-)

I want a Contemporary Christian album and for her to go on an acoustic tour with Casting Crowns doesn't have to be next year but the sooner the better

Concert Stars
    I would rather have an uptempo/mid tempo for a first single. I would love more of a happy uptempo though. More AAG or GOOTT than GG or CC
    epicamends likes this.

Carrie Follower
    I think a more traditional Country album would be great and would sell lie hotcakes!!!!
    mofan likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^Do you really think a traditional album will sell really well? That's not really where the state of country music is right now, so I'm not sure, but that really would be great.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think Carrie will take a small break and then start writing/recording album #5 a few months into the new year.

I'm guessing we'll have a new album in Nov/Dec of next year, and she'll be involved in plenty of side projects.

She'll no doubt host the CMA's, maybe perform at the Grammy's, start a new tour, and sing a few new duets.

With all the love she got from her costars in TSOM, I'm guessing she'll receive more offers than ever for side projects.

Also, I have a feeling we will be getting a Christmas album in Nov/Dec of 2014 (or at least a few new songs), at the end of 2014, too. I wouldn't be surprised if Carrie and Mike want to start a family next year, and a Christmas album would be a nice way to keep her name out there during the season.

Whatever she has in store I'm excited; the BA era was above any of her previous eras; it was an incredible time of personal and professional growth for her.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast