Page 63 of 324 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 6470
Like Tree23171Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by gwade82 View Post
    A while back in this thread one of the cast members remarked about Carrie showing up to the first rehearsal
    off book. Can someone with theater experience please tell me what that refers too.thanks
    I'm no expert but I thought that meant without script, from memory. And, I believe it was Stephen Moyer who had made the comment.

Concert Stars
    yEp, off book means you no longer need your script in front of you.
    Which is pretty crazy when an artist shows up for the first rehersal and they already have the entire 3 hr show memorized!

That is Carrie Underwood level of perfectionism.

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks_weyn View Post
    Thank you! Is it true that Carrie sewed the play clothes!? if it is... WOW!!!
    She is beyond PERFECT!!! lol
    LOL!! Probably just a joke.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    That is funny, seriously people can look outside to see if it is freezing rain/sleet/snow and it they are that worried about it they can turn to one of the other local stations to get info on StormWatch 2013, if the station manager of the NBC station knows what is best for her/him they will not preempt TSOM.
    Yep exactly and is why it is so silly that our weathermen have to stay on nonstop for a drizzle in the panhandle of Oklahoma and I even told the girl that lol. BUT they are already getting us because they have that huge Oklahoma map in the corner that for instance covered one lady's face the entire time that was sitting on the right side of the screen on the Today Show. It is doing nothing yet but yet they are putting that on there probably all day and night. (Thank goodness a DVD of it is coming)!!!!!!!
    rainbow1, JB172 and bluetb4 like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks_weyn View Post
    Thank you! Is it true that Carrie sewed the play clothes!? if it is... WOW!!!
    She is beyond PERFECT!!! lol
    Ha, ha ... There is no way she personally sewed any costumes. They were undoubtedly referring to the show where Maria sews the play clothes from the curtains.
    oldyfan likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pkc4rls View Post
    Yep exactly and is why it is so silly that our weathermen have to stay on nonstop for a drizzle in the panhandle of Oklahoma and I even told the girl that lol. BUT they are already getting us because they have that huge Oklahoma map in the corner that for instance covered one lady's face the entire time that was sitting on the right side of the screen on the Today Show. It is doing nothing yet but yet they are putting that on there probably all day and night.
    It was better when it was on the bottom of the screen but heaven forbid you cover up the NBC or KFOR icons.
    pkc4rls, rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    liz278, rainbow1, CUFan7 and 10 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    It was better when it was on the bottom of the screen but heaven forbid you cover up the NBC or KFOR icons.
    Oh and someone in my house reminded me they will probably also have the ribbon scrolling info on the bottom nonstop lol. They will get that info out there one way or the other (weatherman OCD lol). (I am going to kick all the family out of the house that are tormenting me about all this lol).
    JB172, rainbow1, oldyfan and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    yEp, off book means you no longer need your script in front of you.
    Which is pretty crazy when an artist shows up for the first rehersal and they already have the entire 3 hr show memorized!

That is Carrie Underwood level of perfectionism.
    Surprisingly it seemed to not be the norm it appeared. I would think they all came off book but it would appear not. I just figured all knew the script before they started rehearsals.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Oh and someone in my house reminded me they will probably also have the ribbon scrolling info on the bottom nonstop lol. They will get that info out there one way or the other (weatherman OCD lol). (I am going to kick all the family out of the house that are tormenting me about all this lol).
    Pam, just send them outside to shovel the snow. lol
    pkc4rls, oldyfan and Smokyiiis like this.

Ty
    As much as we focus on the haters, there's way more of a positive reaction than negative on Twitter. A lot of people seem genuinely excited in watching the special tonight. Hopefully the entire cast can deliver tonight.
    rainbow1, mbh, Hil and 7 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    The LA Times article has the obvious answer to the people who remain so attached to the Julie Andrews cinema version that they can't accept a live staged musical revival:

"The cries of blasphemy are even more curious given that revivals and repertory works are an integral part of the theater world. As Moyer puts it, "Nobody mentions the fact that there's been five Macbeths this year."

NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live!' set for do-re-mi with no do-overs - Page 2 - latimes.com

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    As much as we focus on the haters, there's way more of a positive reaction than negative on Twitter. A lot of people seem genuinely excited in watching the special tonight. Hopefully the entire cast can deliver tonight.
    I have always thought that because I think some just zero in on this handful of bad tweets and that is not an indication of the masses that probably like it. Ok, even if there were say 100 negative tweets (and some of those will probably be from people that did not even watch it) but if lets say 10 million watch it, that is just a pittance but yet people will zero in on that handful of negative like it is the whole world talking
    rainbow1, oldyfan and bluetb4 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    The LA Times article has the obvious answer to the people who remain so attached to the Julie Andrews cinema version that they can't accept a live staged musical revival:

"The cries of blasphemy are even more curious given that revivals and repertory works are an integral part of the theater world. As Moyer puts it, "Nobody mentions the fact that there's been five Macbeths this year."

NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live!' set for do-re-mi with no do-overs - Page 2 - latimes.com
    That is true and very interesting. People are strange in what they decide to zero in on what they don't like. I wonder if it is just because Carrie is a bigger star and they have pigeonholed her as country and Julie was so the opposite. But you made (or they made) such an interesting point.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ty
    They're doing another run-through right now. But, no costumes.

Concert Stars
    I totally just had to blow back a family member on Facebook.. dogging the production... should be fun at the Christmas gathering.. hahaha

Concert Stars
    I live in Southwestern OK, so I just contacted KFDX in Wichita Falls, Tx.!! I get NBC from there and KFOR. Not taking any chances!! LOL!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I never post anything on my political tweet page, except today! I posted what a wonderful family event tonight was. I'm sure I shocked my 4k followers, but not Tee...she favorited my tweet! "Always on duty" Tee is everywhere today. I am so excited, I have been listening to the soundtrack all morning. Additionally, on my other twitter account I did manage to respond to a couple of the haters. I hope they watch (don't care what they say) just makes our ratings bigger! Please watch! :-). See ya tonight sometime...#BreakALeg

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I live in Southwestern OK, so I just contacted KFDX in Wichita Falls, Tx.!! I get NBC from there and KFOR. Not taking any chances!! LOL!!
    Oh good because if people prewarn these stations, it might help lol . I wish I had a way to bypass the local affiliate and just get the NBC feed lol.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    They're doing another run-through right now. But, no costumes.
    Wow, and was thinking maybe they get a little resting period early today before they start up lol. Well I guess it is better to get as much practice as possible considering really this is just the 3rd run through without starts and stops.

•