Page 50 of 324 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 6470
Like Tree23169Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Awww, you rescued a large Parrot. A noble and daunting task.

Bless you!!
    Ah, if only it was just one.....I'm the Carrie Underwood of PARROTS instead of dogs and cats. And I'm so darn excited about tomorrow night I'm not real sure I'll be able to sleep tonight! OMG, and then Friday I have to get up and get to work again....the things a fan will do! (Like anything could stop me!)
    Inspired, oldyfan and pklongbeach like this.

Concert Stars
    much greater, btw, than playing Maria in the som.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Ah, if only it was just one.....I'm the Carrie Underwood of PARROTS instead of dogs and cats. And I'm so darn excited about tomorrow night I'm not real sure I'll be able to sleep tonight! OMG, and then Friday I have to get up and get to work again....the things a fan will do! (Like anything could stop me!)
    I am staying up to watch the whole show and I have to be at work by 7:00! Oh the things I do for Carrie! :-)

I too am so excited that 8:00 tomorrow night can't come fast enough! (And being West Coast most of you guys will have already seen it - jealous)

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    All thanks to the bravery of Carrie:
    Man oh man just when you thought how can you just love and respect her anymore.
    Television networks will know how to produce live theater
    There will be new vocal "roads" for her to explore in her future music
    Non country fans will be get a chance to see a "living sun beam" - I love that line

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Call me crazy but I think that Carrie can and will receive a nomination and she can win a Golden Globe!

Her talent is out of this world and the entire world will see it in full for the first time this Thursday! Go Carrie!!!
    Totally agree.

The more I hear about how the rehearsals are going, the more confidence I have that Carrie will get a Golden
    Globe nod and could very possibly win. This site would explode if that would happen. Of course the other things exploding
    would be the CMA voters egos.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I didn't mean to start anything either. I thought your observation was interesting and worth commenting on. Just pointing out the differences for me.
    But I agree, not worth going there.... ha ha ha....

By best friend in the world at the time of the Madonna/Evita controversy was a huge madonna fan.
    And me being a huge Musical Theatre buff, you can imagine how things in the house were. ha ha ha.......

I have seen Evita on stage and only know that the riggors and expectations of the female lead are emmense.
    We're good.. I understand! I am still a huge Madonna fan... but I never take offense to a difference in opinion.. unless it's like some of the folks on Twitter being completely unreasonable about Carrie, and not even giving it a chance.. lol.. then, I take offense and I set out to defend her..
    pklongbeach likes this.

NBC to Air at Least One SOUND OF MUSIC LIVE! Encore Prior to Christmas

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Universal TV production of NBC's THE SOUND OF MUSIC LIVE will air at least one additional time prior to Christmas Day. The original broadcast will take place live tomorrow, Thursday December 5th at 8 pm.
    While production cost estimates on the innovative project are high, NBC hopes that repeat broadcasts as well as revenue from the presentation's soundtrack and DVD will make it a financial success. In addition, the broadcast has the potential to become an annual holiday event for the network, much like perennial favorites Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on CBSand A Charlie Brown Christmas over at ABC.
    NBC to Air at Least One SOUND OF MUSIC LIVE! Encore Prior to Christmas

It looks amazing. Carrie looks pregnant, lmao.

They should have promoted the soundtrack/DVD a little more. They've done a good job so far promoting the show, but I don't think the GP knows there's an album and DVD coming out.

Concert Stars
    I don't know if surprised is the right word but I will use it for lack of a better word but we read yesterday here that yesterday was the first complete run through without any stops and starts (like it will be tomorrow night). Do we think that it is surprising lol since the show is tomorrow?? I mean it is what it is but I guess in a perfect world, I would have thought they have a couple of weeks of complete run throughs lol. But they probably do it again today and I guess it has to be enough lol. I am sure all know it backwards and forwards by now regardless

^ Honestly, I think they are just concentrating on promoting the show itself right now. After it airs, there is time to promote the DVD and the CD but really, the show itself being aired will be enough promotion for those if it is mentioned they are for sale at any point during it.
    teesharky, oldyfan and pklongbeach like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The kids look so cute in their curtain clothes

Ty
    Saw this on Twitter, must be from that new promo Melissa saw:

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pkc4rls View Post
    I don't know if surprised is the right word but I will use it for lack of a better word but we read yesterday here that yesterday was the first complete run through without any stops and starts (like it will be tomorrow night). Do we think that it is surprising lol since the show is tomorrow?? I mean it is what it is but I guess in a perfect world, I would have thought they have a couple of weeks of complete run throughs lol. But they probably do it again today and I guess it has to be enough lol. I am sure all know it backwards and forwards by now regardless

^ Honestly, I think they are just concentrating on promoting the show itself right now. After it airs, there is time to promote the DVD and the CD but really, the show itself being aired will be enough promotion for those.
    I think they have done several complete run-throughs before this. But this was the first one were everything (costimes, sets, etc) were as they would be for the live show.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Saw this on Twitter, must be from that new promo Melissa saw:

No that has not been in any of the promos.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    It looks amazing. Carrie looks pregnant, lmao.

They should have promoted the soundtrack/DVD a little more. They've done a good job so far promoting the show, but I don't think the GP knows there's an album and DVD coming out.

Empire waist and tie and in sitting postion might give that impression. In addition, are the clothes the children are wearing the ones Maria made from the drapes? They look cute...and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    Totally agree.

The more I hear about how the rehearsals are going, the more confidence I have that Carrie will get a Golden
    Globe nod and could very possibly win. This site would explode if that would happen. Of course the other things exploding
    would be the CMA voters egos.
    Coming for that EGOT, tbh :'(

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    I think they have done several complete run-throughs before this. But this was the first one were everything (costimes, sets, etc) were as they would be for the live show.
    Well I thought it said first without stops and starts and not surprising I guess if true since I think it is just 2 weeks now (or maybe into third week?) at Grumman but you could be right.

Why is the soundtrack not up on Rdio yet? qq indeed x(

•