Page 48 of 324 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree23169Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by GumbyJRH View Post
    I'm not comparing Madonna and Carrie but in this situation, there is a comparison.. When Madonna was cast in the role of Eva Peron in Evita.. all he!! broke loose.. I'm glad social media wasn't around yet.. lol.. but she worked really hard and the movie was a success.. and despite her lackluster acting before that, she was made to play the role of Evita! She was nominated for a Golden Globe, she won! She was also nominated for an Oscar, she didn't win but wow to be nominated.. Carrie is 10 times the singer of Madonna (I love her) ... The Sound of Music is going to be amazing.. Just like Evita was Madonnas role... I think Maria is Carrie's and she is going to SHINE!!!!
    I don't think Carrie being selected for this role was all that controversial.

On a related note on Madonna, she wrote to the director asking to serve them meals on the set (she is apparently known to be an awful cook). The director wrote back saying no. She responded asking then if she could be the lead actress.
    Smokyiiis, mbh and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    I am / was surprise at how beautiful Carrie's "soft voice" really is -- all this time she is known for her high notes and power voice, but her "soft voice" is more beautiful than all of her high notes and powerful voice.
    I hope we get to hear more of it on the next cd.
    GumbyJRH, mbh, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Gus
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    yes there is a comment section. Go to Washington Post: Breaking News, World, US, DC News & Analysis and click "lifestyle" section. You will see a link to the Carrie article on the right hand side of the page, about half way down.
    I hope that Jeff Bezos a.k.a., Mr. Amazon and new owner of the Washington Post, takes care of his hate-spewing writers.
    Smokyiiis, mbh and rainbow1 like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    Well, so far I've contacted everyone I know to make sure they will be watching Thurs and to tell them that the soundtrack is out - now for the rest of the world! So excited!!!!! for Sound of Music!!! Carrie you were sent from heaven - I just know it!!!

Note: I forgot to add that today on the top half of the front page of our newspaper is the SOM pic of Carrie for the holiday tv schedule
    Ditto!!!

SPREAD the WORDS on "Twitter" AND other Social Media and Web Site to watch "The Sound of Music LIVE" on December 05, 2013 (tomorrow)!!!!!!!! We need your HUGE QUANTITIES of BEST and HARDEST WORK on this one, CARRIE FANS!!!!!!!!!! This is ONCE in a LIFETIME "OPPORTUNITY" for Carrie to work with a "DREAM TEAM".

OPPORTUNISTIC experimentation that will CONTINUALLY build Carrie's EXTRAORDINARY NATURAL TALENT for the FUTURE.
    Last edited by mbh; 12-04-2013 at 07:05 AM.
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I hope that Jeff Bezos a.k.a., Mr. Amazon and new owner of the Washington Post, takes care of his hate-spewing writers.
    So Mr. Bezos should take away the Freedom of the press rights of his writers because you and others on here don't like what they have to say.

Hmm, ok.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Guys, that piece was not spewing hate. The gist of it was that the writer was so in love with the Julie Andrews version that nothing could compare in her mind. The headline was inappropriate and her assumption that Carrie wouldn't be good in it was inappropriate but it hardly constituted 'hate'. Let's not make it more than it was. If you want to write a reasoned email to the writer go right ahead but let's keep some perspective.

Gus
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    So Mr. Bezos should take away the Freedom of the press rights of his writers because you and others on here don't like what they have to say.

Hmm, ok.
    It's okay to write an opinion that is not in line with my thinking, if it's based on factual evidence. To initiate negativity based on assumptions for the sake of shock value is not constructive to society.
    Smokyiiis and mbh like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I got the soundtrack last night, and I love it!! I'm even more pumped for tomorrow night!
    mbh likes this.

Some brazilian sites are talking about Carrie and TSOM.

Carrie Underwood vira 'Noviça Rebelde' na TV americana - cultura - variedades - Estadão
    Notícias do Brasil e do Mundo - Yahoo Notícias
    Carrie Underwood: ouça a trilha sonora do remake de "A Noviça Rebelde" | PortalPOPline.com.br

Basically the same interview is being posted on several sites. It's not like Brazil will go crazy over this, but it's at least nice to see Carrie get some coverage here

By the way, Bern, your videos are everywhere.

Concert Stars
    My dilemma is this: I can not for the LIFE of me decide which is my favorite song on this soundtrack. My hubby is getting tired of listening to me sing these songs to my parrots. He said if they start singing back the parts to DO RE MI he's packing his bags.
    Claire2004, mbh, HuiZ and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    I am / was surprise at how beautiful Carrie's "soft voice" really is -- all this time she is known for her high notes and power voice, but her "soft voice" is more beautiful than all of her high notes and powerful voice.
    I agree. I've always wished Carrie would show us more of the soft, vulnerable side of her voice... I'm just so glad SOM brought it out of her! And hopefully she will realize just what an asset that is and use it more often in the future!
    GumbyJRH, mbh and rainbow1 like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    @georgiastitt
    We did a runthru of @SoundofMusic tonight. First time without stopping, all costumes, props, etc. What a wild ride! Can't for you to see it!
    Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Oh night DIVINE, indeed!!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post

Hmm, ok.
    It was a personal story in the Style section. The writer went on to say she won't be watching (heck she took her honeymoon in Austria) and will be watching the Tape the night it is on live. She then suggested Carrie would mess the SOM up. Further the only one who she would even consider watching besides Julie would be Beyonce in the role.

She is welcome to her "freedom of speech, " but so am I in responding.
    Smokyiiis, mbh, amiroamor and 1 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Which videos? Did i miss anything

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It's okay to write an opinion that is not in line with my thinking, if it's based on factual evidence. To initiate negativity based on assumptions for the sake of shock value is not constructive to society.
    It's the writers opinion so how in the world can there being any "factual evidence."?

In the writers opinion nobody can do the role of Maria like Julie Andrews did, there can't be any "factual evidence" involved in that because it's an opinion and nothing more than that and to say someone should get fired over that is just absurd.

On Friday you could have Brian Mansfield say that Carrie is the greatest Maria ever and you can have the writer from The Washington Post say that she was terrible and neither is proven by "factual evidence" it's an opinion from both and that is it.
    stuffy, Pitocco, oldyfan and 2 others like this.

Call me crazy but I think that Carrie can and will receive a nomination and she can win a Golden Globe!

Her talent is out of this world and the entire world will see it in full for the first time this Thursday! Go Carrie!!!
    mbh, oldyfan and carrieismy1idol like this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    I can't wait to watch the sound of music tomorrow night ..
    mbh and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    It was a personal story in the Style section. The writer went on to say she won't be watching (heck she took her honeymoon in Austria) and will be watching the Tape the night it is on live. She then suggested Carrie would mess the SOM up. Further the only one who she would even consider watching besides Julie would be Beyonce in the role.

She is welcome to her "freedom of speech, " but so am I in responding.
    I never said that anyone isn't allowed to disagree with what this writer had to say, what I am saying is that it's over the top ridiculous to say that the writer should lose their job because she doesn't think that Carrie can't or Beyoncé can do the role of Maria.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Don't forget that Carrie's going to be on The Today Show tomorrow morning
    mbh, GumbyJRH, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    These sentiments have been echoed by so many Carrie's fellow cast members. And that along with her talent and reputation for hard work are going to get her so many offers for project that she won't know what to do.
    AWESOME!!! Very exciting!!!
    oldyfan likes this.

•