Page 45 of 324 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree23166Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    here's the one I saw during TBL

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    No. Look back at the time when I posted the comment. I've already seen that video you posted. What I'm talking about wasn't during The Voice, it was about an hour before that. I turned on NBC at 8 PM Eastern Time because I thought The Voice was on then, and I happened to catch the commercial.
    Sorry you are correct. It wasn't The Voice, it was Biggest Loser. And the reason I know how it ends was that I had NBC on and I saw the commercial about a minute or two before you posted your comments.

Ty
    Guess I'll just leave the TV on NBC all night. Hope they air it again!
    rainbow1, teesharky and mbh like this.

Another comment at the Broadway.com message board that I like:

Never thought I'd be playing The Lonely Goatherd on repeat, but dang...the girl can yodel

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @georgiastitt
    We did a runthru of @SoundofMusic tonight. First time without stopping, all costumes, props, etc. What a wild ride! Can't for you to see it!

First full run-through with everything and it sounds like they nailed it. That is truly remarkable.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    here's the one I saw during TBL
    As usual, it can't be seen outside of the US.sigh

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    I hope you don't take offence but the frequency and fervor with which you use the word 'hater' reminds of the guy from the book 'Christine'. After he gets the car, he frequently uses the word sh**ter to describe people who he's annoyed with.

I hope there isn't a dead, angry old guy possessing you. Again, no offence.
    Well- I hope you don't take offense but if you saw the hate, death wishes, nasty insults, mocking, and begging her to commit suicide and die as well as vulgar cursing --that your sweet people use every day for the past several months-- perhaps you would call them much worse then haters. Or not- since you seem to defend them.

If haters is the wrong word for you- perhaps we should just call them exactly what they are: jackasses.

Concert Stars
    I think Carrieflattsfan is right. We know that Mike helped her a lot!! I really think tho', that it is this experience....being with these particular people, learning new things about her voice...that's finally convinced her, that she is really, really a great singer!! SHE had to know it.....and now she does!!!!

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Sandi ‏@doulasandi 50s The cast and crew of @SoundofMusic rocked the first dress rehearsal tonight. So proud. @carrieunderwood @LauraBenanti @arianerinehart

Sandi ‏@doulasandi 2m
    @carrieunderwood you were so fabulous tonight.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Well, Carrie's highest "exclaimed" note is Bb6, which is an octave higher than the one she does at the end of "Do Re Mi" - just one note and a semitone away from C7. But even though it sounded clean and smooth, it "technically" wasn't sung so we can't really count it. But yeah, the C6 was in head voice (not falsetto) so that counts toward her CONNECTED range, which is amazing. She can definitely go higher though. Ain't no doubt about it. See, the thing is that she's a natural soprano, but she normally stays within mezzo soprano range since she grew up listening to mezzo soprano country singers (Martina, Reba, Trisha, etc). In channeling them, she adopted a very throaty way of singing which kind of blocks the natural color of her voice (which is that of a lyric soprano). She pulls the sound of well, don't get me wrong ... but it's obvious when you hear her head voice that she's a true soprano.
    This is quite literally, "music" to my ears. haha
    Smokyiiis and mbh like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    All of these tweets and articles are making me so excited for Thursday! Can't wait to watch this.
    oldyfan, HuiZ and mbh like this.

Concert Stars
    Not sure if people saw this- but Carrie's sorority is organizing a Watch party to support Carrie for SOM! How refreshing after all the Hate party invites! lol

rainbow1, oldyfan, HuiZ and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    So what did Carrie do tonight that people keep referring to? hmmmm

Georgia Stitt ‏@georgiastitt 1h @carrieunderwood Carrie, you are spectacular! I am in awe of what you did tonight and so proud to be part of this show! #NunsUnite #MyHero

Also-

Georgia Stitt ‏@georgiastitt 2m
    Fred and his magical keyboard await their big break. #SoundOfMusic http://instagram.com/p/hfISQBAa39/

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I think Carrieflattsfan is right. We know that Mike helped her a lot!! I really think tho', that it is this experience....being with these particular people, learning new things about her voice...that's finally convinced her, that she is really, really a great singer!! SHE had to know it.....and now she does!!!!
    I agree. It is this experience. Every other time she has gone outside her comfort zone, they were small projects that were more of a temporary diversion from singing. This is the first time she has taken a project on that would really test the limits of what she could do. Remarkably instead of showing what her limits are, it showed how much more she is capable of than what she had shown us so far. And I think she has really surprised herself.

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Well- I hope you don't take offense but if you saw the hate, death wishes, nasty insults, mocking, and begging her to commit suicide and die as well as vulgar cursing --that your sweet people use every day for the past several months-- perhaps you would call them much worse then haters. Or not- since you seem to defend them.

If haters is the wrong word for you- perhaps we should just call them exactly what they are: jackasses.

I hope there isn't a dead, angry old guy possessing you that makes you defend her critics. Again, no offense. ( smile)
    Wow!! This did NOT go the way I expected.

Concert Stars
    The Sigma watch party will mean so much to her!!!!
    oldyfan, HuiZ, opry051008 and 1 others like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    First full run-through with everything and it sounds like they nailed it. That is truly remarkable.
    AWESOME!!! Come on December 05!!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    So what did Carrie do tonight that people keep referring to? hmmmm

Georgia Stitt ‏@georgiastitt 1h @carrieunderwood Carrie, you are spectacular! I am in awe of what you did tonight and so proud to be part of this show! #NunsUnite #MyHero

Also-

Georgia Stitt ‏@georgiastitt 2m
    Fred and his magical keyboard await their big break. #SoundOfMusic http://instagram.com/p/hfISQBAa39/
    She's Carrie! x)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    well said! Agree! She never really gives herself enough credit. So hopefully this was the push she needed to reach her full potential and not hold back anymore!

She is so much better than the CMAS. lol They are lucky to have her in their presence.
    rainbow1, oldyfan, gwade82 and 2 others like this.

•