Page 39 of 324 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree23183Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Concert Stars
    Okla is expecting a big ice and snow storm Thurs!!! Pray for the power lines to stay up!!! I would die!!

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Okla is expecting a big ice and snow storm Thurs!!! Pray for the power lines to stay up!!! I would die!!
    This is why I have the back up generator, Comcast, ATT and Direct TV and 2 TVs.

I hear ya. You never know what is going to happen in OK. They can predict this storm like they are and just watch us get nothing but watch them cancel school anyways.
    rainbow1, bluetb4 and oldyfan like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Just for comparison, this was the classic recording that popularized Western yodeling to a general audience. Sung by Patsy Montana over the end titles of a 1935 film, it became the first recording by a female Country singer to sell a million copies. Patsy lived to meet the Dixie Chicks, who covered the song when Laura Lynch was their lead singer (Laura now works to preserve Cowgirl history.) Other modern covers have been by Suzy Boggus (highly praised for her yodeling) and Lee Ann Rimes. Kacey Musgraves' first two albums were in this tradition (complete with cowgirl costume!) Many teenage and sub-teen girls learn this song to showcase their skill at Country fairs and shows.

mofan, teesharky and opry051008 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    can anyone tell me if CU's Album are now on sales on amazon or iTunes?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraebe View Post
    I hear ya. You never know what is going to happen in OK. They can predict this storm like they are and just watch us get nothing but watch them cancel school anyways.
    The National Weather Service is still saying they can't predict amounts yet. Hopefully it's not too bad. We're getting something just don't know how much of that something. Could be like the recent one. That wasn't too bad. Obviously parts of the state got it worse than others. I don't want to jinx myself, but I usually only lose power during local tornadoes.

Concert Stars
    I lost it for 5 days during that bad ice storm.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    The National Weather Service is still saying they can't predict amounts yet. Hopefully it's not too bad. We're getting something just don't know how much of that something. Could be like the recent one. That wasn't too bad. Obviously parts of the state got it worse than others. I don't want to jinx myself, but I usually only lose power during local tornadoes.
    I am not looking forward to all this "weather"...I hope they are wrong about the ice!! Okies do not do ice very well!!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Oh gosh I had not thought of that possible connection yet. I knew we might have one but I had not even thought that far ahead and yes that dang Cox has had outages in that kind of weather here ughhh ughhh. I am already getting upset just because of the thought it could happen. But not even going to think that can even happen lol.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars

[Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Just read that the special is also being Carrie's (opps autocorrect "carried") in Canada at the same time on CITY TV

iTunes

Albums Top 20

1. Britney Spears - Britney Jean (Deluxe Version)
    2. Pentatonix - PTXmas (Deluxe Edition)
    3. Jake Owen - Days of Gold
    4. Michael Bublé - Christmas
    5. Kelly Clarkson - Wrapped In Red
    6. Various Artists - Frozen (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    7. Lorde - Pure Heroine
    8. One Direction - Midnight Memories (Deluxe)
    9. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP2 (Deluxe)
    10. Sevyn Streeter - Call Me Crazy, But...
    11. Drake - Nothing Was the Same
    12. Various Artists - Songs for the Philippines
    13. The Robertsons - Duck the Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas
    14. Childish Gambino - Because the Internet
    15. Various Artists - The Sound of Music (Music from the NBC Television Event)
    16. Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2
    17. Glee Cast - Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album, Vol. 4 - EP
    18. A Day to Remember - Common Courtesy
    19. Miley Cyrus - Bangerz
    20. Luke Bryan - Crash My Party

Soundtracks Singles:

44. Audra McDonald & Carrie Underwood - My Favorite Things

49. Carrie Underwood, Ariane Rinehart, Michael Nigro, Ella Watts-Gorman, Joe West, Saphia Caruso, Grace Rundhaug & Peyton Ella - Do-Re-Mi

52. Carrie Underwood - The Sound of Music

90. Carrie Underwood, Ariane Rinehart, Michael Nigro, Ella Watts-Gorman, Joe West, Saphia Caruso, Grace Rundhaug & Peyton Ella - The Lonely Goatherd

94. Stephen Moyer, Carrie Underwood, Ariane Rinehart, Michael Nigro, Ella Watts-Gorman, Joe West, Saphia Caruso, Grace Rundhaug & Peyton Ella - Edelweiss (The Concert)

115. Carrie Underwood & Stephen Moyer - Something Good

158. Audra McDonald - Climb Ev'ry Mountain

Overall:

973. Audra McDonald & Carrie Underwood - My Favorite Things

1077. Carrie Underwood, Ariane Rinehart, Michael Nigro, Ella Watts-Gorman, Joe West, Saphia Caruso, Grace Rundhaug & Peyton Ella - Do-Re-Mi

1187. Carrie Underwood - The Sound of Music
    jaylee50, pgk, Mirasa45A and 8 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Bought my copy on itunes just to show support.
    I will also be buyng hardcopy!

sidenote: Wow at Buble-Christmas You Go Boy!

Congrats to Kelly having another great week! (I wish the video for Underneath was better. It doesn't feel like it has longterm staying power. The song is definately a hit though!
    teesharky, rainbow1, Gator and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    they have a piano playing along from the start just in case the orchestral track goes out.
    this is just so nervewracking just thinking about what could go wrong!I can't imagine what all those involved are feeling

Carrie Underwood's 'Sound of Music' special to air live from Bethpage

Concert Stars
    Ugh I hope if it comes it does it in the morning so as not to ice up my Dish that evening! LOL Luckily we can get local channels too through another box, but I want to DVR it through Dish. I'll probably be outside with a broom sweeping the ice off over and over again. Aarrgghh And I hope it doesn't cause a power outage like you had for 5 days. Those bite! We do have a generator though.
    rainbow1, oldyfan and opry051008 like this.

Concert Stars
    Is anyone as excited as I am to see her wedding gown?? I wonder who designed it? It will be retro to fit that era. Carrie said she loves the stylish clothes she wears at the end.

Ps- i just got a weird look from the car next to me cuz i was yodeling on lonely goatherd at the top of my lungs. Lol oops

Concert Stars
    Ps - carrie is following Buck Hollywood now!! He saw and screamed with joy!! Haha I love him!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Is anyone as excited as I am to see her wedding gown?? I wonder who designed it? It will be retro to fit that era. Carrie said she loves the stylish clothes she wears at the end.

Ps- i just got a weird look from the car next to me cuz i was yodeling on lonely goatherd at the top of my lungs. Lol oops
    I've been listening all day at work.. and I was yodeling badly in the rest room.. I got caught.. haha
    jaylee50, glenn7 and nccountrygal like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I realize I am late to a lot of this conversation. Haven't been online in over a week or more. I loved the Making of SOM special. It got me SO excited for the live special. I'll admit I was a little worried about how Carrie might handle the acting, but I really think it is going to be amazing, provided there are no glitches with the live production and even though I haven't read all of the articles it seems from the conversation in this thread that they will have contingencies in place for anything that might happen. I do think anything above 15 million is dreaming for ratings, but I think that after the 8-8:30 time slot (Big Bang Theory) is over, it could really go up in ratings as long as people are ok with missing the first 30 minutes or maybe they will start it late with DVR.
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    My keyboard is doing weird things so I am finishing my post in a second post. Anyway, I think the 8-10 million range will be very good ratings for SOM and if it gets higher it will be icing on the cake. I finally updated my iTunes account information and downloaded the soundtrack this morning, but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I can't wait. I would like to be familiar with their versions of the songs before Thursday. I think it will make the viewing more enjoyable for me, although I can understand some wanting to wait to be surprised by the production as a whole including the songs. I want to be able to concentrate on the story and Carrie's acting and the beautiful sets, so I think I will like being able to hear the songs first. Anyway, I can't wait to see this! Hard to believe it's only two days away!
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    This soundtrack is still giving me life 12 hours later. Immediate favorites are Do Re Mi and Edelweiss. <3
    glenn7, oldyfan and Smokyiiis like this.

•