Page 324 of 324 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324
Results 6,461 to 6,473 of 6473
Like Tree23177Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

  1. #6461
    mbh
    mbh is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    You guys may have seen this before, but I had not. I was watching the video of Carrie singing Someone To Watch Over Me from the Sinatra show. It's on Vimeo, and I noticed the next video coming up was from SOML, but the video is not from the live show. It's Carrie and Stephen dancing in full costume and then it switches to the part of the show after the kids take the baroness to look at the garden. The lighting is low and the ending is different because Stephen goes upstairs instead of outside, and Carrie finishes with "And I'll sing, once more" instead of stopping before it. The camera angles are different and there are more close-ups, which I really like.

    https://vimeo.com/84543474

    Here's another one, Carrie and the children singing Do Re Mi. It is much louder.

    https://player.vimeo.com/video/84542310

    I guess these were done for the commercials before SOML aired.
    GREAT memories! It is now safe to say that NOBODY can beat this HUGE RATING by any Live TV Musical.

  • #6462
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,540
    Concert Stars
    She’s is such a pioneer!
    mbh, rainbow1, ethelu and 1 others like this.

  • #6463
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    GREAT memories! It is now safe to say that NOBODY can beat this HUGE RATING by any Live TV Musical.
    Well now I need to watch TSOM again! What made you look back at my tweet?
    txacar and mbh like this.

  • #6464
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    She’s is such a pioneer!
    TSOM should have been in that article of times Carrie was a "badass". So brave of her to do it.
    txacar, mbh and maddkat like this.

  • #6465
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,879
    It's sad that TSOM will might be the last she does something like that.
    ethelu, txacar and mbh like this.

  • #6466
    mbh
    mbh is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Well now I need to watch TSOM again! What made you look back at my tweet?
    I was trying to figure out the vocal "evolution" of Carrie since her Season 4 AI performance of Could've Been of Tiffany and Alone of heart. How she became, "arguably", as one of the GREATEST VOCALISTS OF ALL TIME in all genres of music. It was a gradual development but became noticeable during The Sound of Music Live. I noticed that the transition started during The Sound of Music Live when I was watching my DVD again. MAYBE, Neil Meron and Craig Zadan helped her. I know Carrie got that natural ability to sound so much beautiful while belting at heart in full voice. So, I read all the reviews again on this thread (most of it). I became interested on your post and watched them many times.
    ethelu likes this.

  • #6467
    Insane Carrie Fan lizcarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,467
    Love that Carrie took the risk of doing SOML and made it such big success so that we can get more plays on tv. Its one of the best they have done on tv in my opinion. It shows Carrie star power that she brought so many huge ratings.
    ethelu and mbh like this.

  • #6468
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    I was trying to figure out the vocal "evolution" of Carrie since her Season 4 AI performance of Could've Been of Tiffany and Alone of heart. How she became, "arguably", as one of the GREATEST VOCALISTS OF ALL TIME in all genres of music. It was a gradual development but became noticeable during The Sound of Music Live. I noticed that the transition started during The Sound of Music Live when I was watching my DVD again. MAYBE, Neil Meron and Craig Zadan helped her. I know Carrie got that natural ability to sound so much beautiful while belting at heart in full voice. So, I read all the reviews again on this thread (most of it). I became interested on your post and watched them many times.
    Very cool. Perhaps the vocal training that Carrie got for SOML showed her there were other ways she could use her voice. I imagine it was an exciting discovery for her.
    mbh likes this.

  • #6469
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,155
    Ariane Rinehart retweeted a Happy Birthday tweet from

    Verified account

    @SoundofMusic

    to Audra McDonald that included a pic from SOML with Audra and Carrie.


    Happy Birthday, @AudraEqualityMc!

    In 2013, Audra McDonald played ‘The Mother Abbess’ in @nbc's @SoundofMusic LIVE! Retweet to celebrate! #SoundOfMusic

    SOML.jpg
    mbh likes this.

  • #6470
    mbh
    mbh is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Ariane Rinehart retweeted a Happy Birthday tweet from

    Verified account

    @SoundofMusic

    to Audra McDonald that included a pic from SOML with Audra and Carrie.


    Happy Birthday, @AudraEqualityMc!

    In 2013, Audra McDonald played ‘The Mother Abbess’ in @nbc's @SoundofMusic LIVE! Retweet to celebrate! #SoundOfMusic

    SOML.jpg
    Carrie's acting on this scene is OUTSTANDING and Audra McDonald is stunning. Audra almost cried while singing because she felt the emotion expressed by Carrie.

    Climb every mountain till you find your dream, for as long as you live!
    ethelu and Smokyiiis like this.

  • #6471
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,962
    Concert Stars
    6th anniversary!

    @soundofmusic
    #TDIH in 2013, the @SoundofMusic LIVE! starring @carrieunderwood aired on @nbc! #SoundOfMusic https://t.co/AM5IbAOSxa
    DaisyTweets, ethelu and Smokyiiis like this.

  • #6472
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    6th anniversary!

    @soundofmusic
    #TDIH in 2013, the @SoundofMusic LIVE! starring @carrieunderwood aired on @nbc! #SoundOfMusic https://t.co/AM5IbAOSxa
    Ariane replied to one of the comments on that tweet:

    @arianerinehart

    I’m so glad you liked it! Like you said, it wasn’t a remake of the movie. It was a live broadcast of the broadway musical, featuring a cast and crew that has dozens of Tony awards between them, not to mention Carrie’s platinum voice!

    It was a honor to be a part of an inventive production that brought live theatre into the homes of millions of people. Theatre is not the most accessible of mediums, and I’m proud of our beautiful production, which blended the magic of live theatre with the accessibility of TV!
    Smokyiiis likes this.

  • #6473
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,155
    @neilmeron

    AND 6 yrs ago 2night, it all began with #SoundofMusicLive on
    @nbc
    #BobGreenblatt took a chance with this crazy idea. The #pioneers were @carrieunderwood @AudraEqualityMc @smoyer @LauraBenanti
    #ChristianBorle under the direction of #RobAshford Thanks @RnH_Org #TedChapin

    ELCYoH2U4AA083Q.jpg
    Smokyiiis likes this.


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Official 2012 Billboard Music Awards Discussion Thread: 5/20/12*
      By teesharky in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 868
      Last Post: 06-10-2015, 09:25 PM
    2. [Jun 5] 2013 CMT Music Awards (Official Discussion Thread)
      By Marie2011 in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 779
      Last Post: 09-26-2013, 08:49 PM
    3. Official American Music Awards 2012 Discussion Thread
      By teesharky in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 1167
      Last Post: 11-21-2012, 07:27 AM
    4. Replies: 469
      Last Post: 10-29-2012, 02:40 PM
    5. [June 6] 2012 CMT Music Awards (Official Discussion Thread)
      By opry051008 in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 834
      Last Post: 06-14-2012, 03:25 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •