Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 319 of 319 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319
Results 6,361 to 6,379 of 6379
Like Tree22856Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Did anyone watch Dirty Dancing last night? I recorded it. I realize it's a tv movie remake and not the live musical version, but just wondered if it was worth watching. I'm guessing it might not be. I love Dirty Dancing, but I'd probably be better off watching the original, lol. I was too young to see DD when it was originally in theaters, but a bunch of my friends and I went to see it in theaters in January for the 30th anniversary. There's just something about watching a movie like that, which you have seen a hundred times, lol. It's one that never gets old for me, though.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ the reviews/reaction I've seen haven't been good.But I didn't see it, was watching Survivor finale.

Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Posted by Craig, due to JLo's extremely busy schedule Bye Bye Birdie is pushed to 2018. Since there will be no NBC holiday live musical this year, maybe they could rerun SOML this December?

Craig Zadan‏Verified account @craigzadan 4m4 minutes ago
    More
    NBC Pushes ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ Live Musical to 2018 NBC Pushes ?Bye Bye Birdie? Live Musical to 2018 | Variety … via @variety
    they announced her signing on months ago and all the sudden she's busy? Fishy
    DaisyTweets likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ the reviews/reaction I've seen haven't been good.But I didn't see it, was watching Survivor finale.

they announced her signing on months ago and all the sudden she's busy? Fishy
    Who won this season of survivor?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Did anyone watch Dirty Dancing last night? I recorded it. I realize it's a tv movie remake and not the live musical version, but just wondered if it was worth watching. I'm guessing it might not be. I love Dirty Dancing, but I'd probably be better off watching the original, lol. I was too young to see DD when it was originally in theaters, but a bunch of my friends and I went to see it in theaters in January for the 30th anniversary. There's just something about watching a movie like that, which you have seen a hundred times, lol. It's one that never gets old for me, though.
    I heard it was awful. I heard that the dancing, of all things, wasn't great. Also, they changed the story somewhat.
    Kizmet311 and teesharky like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I heard it was awful. I heard that the dancing, of all things, wasn't great. Also, they changed the story somewhat.
    Maybe I should just delete it then. I have enough to catch up on without wasting my time watching a bad version of a classic!
    ethelu likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ saw it compared to Sharknado,lol. Once you turned that on you couldn't turn it off.It was mesmerizingly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    Who won this season of survivor?
    Sarah, she played hard and it paid off

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted by Craig, due to JLo's extremely busy schedule Bye Bye Birdie is pushed to 2018. Since there will be no NBC holiday live musical this year, maybe they could rerun SOML this December?

Craig Zadan‏Verified account @craigzadan 4m4 minutes ago
    More
    NBC Pushes ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ Live Musical to 2018 NBC Pushes ?Bye Bye Birdie? Live Musical to 2018 | Variety … via @variety
    Surly she knew it would conflict with her schedule. She should not have taken it if her schedule was too busy or maybe something else is happening.
    maddkat likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    Surly she knew it would conflict with her schedule. She should not have taken it if her schedule was too busy or maybe something else is happening.
    J Lopez turning something lucrative away? Not gonna happen. She must be center stage at all times...it's her nature
    _luvqry and maddkat like this.

Concert Stars
    Her show Shades Of Blue was re - upped for a 3rd season, that wasn't assured at all when Bye Bye Birdie was planned.
    lolita55 and lizcarlo like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Her show Shades Of Blue was re - upped for a 3rd season, that wasn't assured at all when Bye Bye Birdie was planned.
    Perhaps all those projects are taking more of her time than she anticipated. JLo is the one who suggested BBB to Neil & Craig, and she sings one of the songs from BBB in her act, so I think she is committed to it. It may be exactly what the article says, that they want to make sure they have enough rehearsal time. Neil and Craig learned that lesson from SOML.
    lolita55 likes this.

As Mariah once said and when I think about J-Lo singing live "I'm not sure how that will sound"

Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    I watched part of it, then turned off.
    ethelu likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Last night I watched SOML again. I swear it gets better every time I see it. Anyway, this morning I "Liked" a tweet that Michael Nigro, who played Friedrich, had posted. A little while later he gave me a Follow. I thanked him and told him it was kind of freaky because I had just watched SOML the night before, and that it was still in my DVR. He replied that his parents refuse to delete it from their DVR. I said that was not surprising and that I wish the show had gotten more credit, because I knew a lot of people who really liked it. He "Liked" my response. That was all, but I thought it was kind of cool.
    bluetb4, lizcarlo, txacar and 6 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Last night I watched SOML again. I swear it gets better every time I see it. Anyway, this morning I "Liked" a tweet that Michael Nigro, who played Friedrich, had posted. A little while later he gave me a Follow. I thanked him and told him it was kind of freaky because I had just watched SOML the night before, and that it was still in my DVR. He replied that his parents refuse to delete it from their DVR. I said that was not surprising and that I wish the show had gotten more credit, because I knew a lot of people who really liked it. He "Liked" my response. That was all, but I thought it was kind of cool.
    I loved it too, and watch the DVD from time to time. Carrie did a super job. The vocals and dancing and memorizing her lines, just totally impressed me. Then doing it LIVE!. Loved her interaction with the kids. I too wish the show would have got more credit than it did. I think every one had it failing before it even aired. And especially having Carrie failing. She has my utter respect!
    lizcarlo, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Wow, I think it got a lot of credit. Look at all the 'live' shows that have followed it. Those wouldn't have happened IF there hadn't been a SOML and a BRAVE Carrie Underwood!!!! And its still the ratings winner.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Wow, I think it got a lot of credit. Look at all the 'live' shows that have followed it. Those wouldn't have happened IF there hadn't been a SOML and a BRAVE Carrie Underwood!!!! And its still the ratings winner.
    It did get incredible ratings, but what I meant is that you never hear or read that the show was very good, and I think it is. It deserves a lot more respect than it got, beyond talking about the ratings.

I see a lot of musicals by Broadway touring companies, and SOML is great in comparison. Sure, there were things they could improve on, but, if SOML had been a musical in a theater, I think it would have gotten great reviews. I saw the Broadway touring company version of TSOM this year and I enjoyed it, but it had aspects I didn't care for, and it was not nearly as good as SOML was.

I think it's significant that I really liked SOML when it aired the first time, because I wasn't a Carrie fan then, and Audra was the only other person in the cast I had even heard of. I'm always hoping that someday even one critic will watch it again and at least say it is better than they remembered. I know it won't happen, but SOML deserved better reviews.
    txacar, hjj, Smokyiiis and 3 others like this.

People who watched SOML loved it. They matter more to me. They are reason it did so well and aired more than once. That says much more than critics.
    ethelu likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    People who watched SOML loved it. They matter more to me. They are reason it did so well and aired more than once. That says much more than critics.
    I do agree with that.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Craig Zadan‏Verified account @craigzadan 25m25 minutes ago
    More
    Alec Baldwin to Star in NBC's Live 'A Few Good Men' (Exclusive) Alec Baldwin: 'A Few Good Men' Live for Aaron Sorkin, NBC (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter … via @thr
    maddkat and lizcarlo like this.

•