Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 205 of 320 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 6400
Like Tree22996Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Concert Stars
    The way in which albums get made these days and the calabre of her ability t this point, I could easily see her having a proect set to be released on Oct. Nov. of 2014.

That is not to say I think she will, just that it would be very easy to do if she wanted it done.
    I would like to go back to a Fall realease. I liked the change up of Blown Away Era, as it gave her mulitweek Billboard #1 (not that Billboard even made a big deal about that.......bitter), But it was a wonderful boon for her career.

But a Fall release just gives that first 3 month major push.

Also, consider after BA Era, they may decide to switch things up with a major Christmas Album. That would take the entire Fall as well.
    DaisyTweets and Smokyiiis like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Um, I'm sorry, but I just can't resist commenting here since I know that this part of your post was directed at me. I'll have you know that I've found Reba's face, voice, and personality annoying since waaaaay before any of us even knew who Carrie was. I've felt this way about her ever since the time that I was "introduced" to her, when she had that horrendous show on the WB. Way to jump to conclusions though.
    You may have never liked her and I may have erroneously connected that to the people complaining about Reba not congratulating Kelly, but I still stand by my point that whether or not people like Reba and whether or not she congratulated Kelly never needed to be brought into the conversation. Sorry, I couldn't "resist" responding either.
    supercarriefan likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    You may have never liked her and I may have erroneously connected that to the people complaining about Reba not congratulating Kelly, but I still stand by my point that whether or not people like Reba and whether or not she congratulated Kelly never needed to be brought into the conversation. Sorry, I couldn't "resist" responding either.
    I never brought it up, I simply replied and stated my opinion. I had every right to do so and won't have anybody trying to tell me what the basis of my own opinion is. Thank you, and perhaps you ought to "resist" jumping to hasty, half-baked conclusions like that in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post

The caliber of Carrie's next Era.
    OMG!! Couldn't believe she didn't get a 5 minute standing ovation for this performance. Thanks for posting the video.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Sorry to other members of CF for my own b*%^&y attitude this morning and it won't happen again.
    carrieguy2 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Sorry to other members of CF for my own b*%^&y attitude this morning and it won't happen again.
    "Mama told there would be days like this"......

You're sweet to apologize, but we all misunderstand eachother at times.

Its the nature of the writen word. And these threads happen so fast sometimes its hard to to respond to the wrong post sometimes, ha a ha....

I try not to put an emphasis on "who does not praise someone".

Only because I feel like, if I were a celebrity, why would the world expect me to respond to things all the time?

I may not have even been paying attention to what was going on.

Celebritites are very focused on teh world going on around them, and in fairness, Kellys career is now a part of Rebas immedieate world.

Carrie doing great in TSoM has nothing to do with Reba. So I just don't see it as an issue at all.

Now Julie, because she has been such a big part, through no cause of her own, I hesitantly wait to see if she does respond. IF she does not, I will be perfectly fine with it. I think she has shown tremendous grace and support of it already.

But if she does, I know she will be kind and supportive again. She alone, is one of the few of us who understands just what a monumenteous undertaking this was...

I'm sure she can only be impressed with carries courage and her singing and her honesty in the part.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    It always does ruin my day whenever someone that I previously didn't even know exists calls me the "b" word and then proceeds to block me. Totally puts a damper on my Christmas season spirit. I am truly shattered. =(

Concert Stars
    Tis the season to be jolly
    pkc4rls likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I leave for a week and I miss out on 60 TSOM pages, 4 new threads, a few member disagreements but still looks like we all love CU.

I missed everyone.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    It always does ruin my day whenever someone that I previously didn't even know exists calls me the "b" word and then proceeds to block me. Totally puts a damper on my Christmas season spirit. I am truly shattered. =(
    Hey--come on over to my house. There are 5 of us baking cookies and pumpkin rolls with Christmas music in the background and we are having a party. Sure hope these cookies turn out ok. To tell you the truth I may never want to see another cookie for quite awhile. I don't agree with name calling, etc.. someone always gets hurt and you can never take it back. You may apologize but it is still out there. Think how Carrie must have felt and probably still does to some extent. Anyhow---9 dozen cookies down and around 11 more to go.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    Hey--come on over to my house. There are 5 of us baking cookies and pumpkin rolls with Christmas music in the background and we are having a party. Sure hope these coolies turn out ok. To tell you the truth I may never want to see another cookie for quite awhile. I don't agree with name calling, etc.. someone always gets hurt and you can never take it back. You may apologize but it is still out there. Think how Carrie must have felt and probably still does to some extent. Anyhow---9 dozen cookies down and around 11 more to go.
    Is there eggnog? If so I'll be right over. I even have all of Carrie's Christmas carols ripped from various performances.
    AdamJ, rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Is there eggnog? If so I'll be right over. I even have all of Carrie's Christmas carols ripped from various performances.
    Sure do along with spicy snacks to offset all that sugar. LOL Come on over. A friend and his girlfriend just came over and the girl down the street that I grew up with. So--that makes 7 of us (including my Mom). The more the merrier. Dad is in the Den and staying out of the way and just sticks his head in the door from time to time to grab a cookie. LOl Lots of fun
    Smokyiiis and oldyfan like this.

mbh
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post

The caliber of Carrie's next Era.

This is just after one month of training in her vocals in New York.

I am SUPER EXCITED how Carrie's NEWLY ACQUIRED "ever-higher standard of EXCELLENCE" in her vocals - from two months of training in New York ...... WILL TRANSLATE into her new album.

Now, "TRY A LOT OF SONGWRITERS" in CO-WRITING SONGS, Carrie!!!

Brilliant songs are often the residual results of - "Opportunistic experimentation" and "purposeful accident".
    Last edited by mbh; 12-16-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Insane Carrie Fan
    It's shocking that you, of all people is called that. LOL.

Your posts have always been respectful and logical.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Personally, I think it is in the best interest of Julie Andrews and Carrie Underwood that Julie stay mum. She is in an imposible position. Regardless of what she says or doesn't say, those who have done nothing but whine and complain will continue to do so. Julie is a classy, smart lady and recognizes a ' no-win' situation. Plus I don't think she wants to get involved in these shenanigans and any comment she makes will simply stir the pot.....again.
    I say let it go quietly.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    Personally, I think it is in the best interest of Julie Andrews and Carrie Underwood that Julie stay mum. She is in an imposible position. Regardless of what she says or doesn't say, those who have done nothing but whine and complain will continue to do so. Julie is a classy, smart lady and recognizes a ' no-win' situation. Plus I don't think she wants to get involved in these shenanigans and any comment she makes will simply stir the pot.....again.
    I say let it go quietly.
    I'm with you, sad as it is, it would only stir the embers again.
    pkc4rls likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars

ng

Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    I say let it go quietly.
    While I agree, don't be surprised if Julie says nothing and some infer from her silence she didn't like Carrie's performance.
    pklongbeach, oldyfan and teesharky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    It's shocking that you, of all people is called that. LOL.

Your posts have always been respectful and logical.
    Ikr? Like, I'd totally understand if someone deservingly called Nicole that...But not Melissa x)
    liveasong likes this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    While I agree, don't be surprised if Julie says nothing and some infer from her silence she didn't like Carrie's performance.

That there is my point. And it is the lesser of two evils.
    pkc4rls likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Julie isn't going to say anything unless she is asked and if she isn't doing any public appearances it won't happen. I think most people have moved on already.

•