Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 205 of 260 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 5183
Like Tree19505Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Julie also said that Carrie was lovely and she was a fan. She is absolutely not obligated, or expected to make any comment at all. She didn't watch it and she had no obligation to watch it. If she did watch it and hated it would we expect her to lie? Just staying out of it was the best course of action.
    Would I expect her to lie, no. One doesn't have to lie to give a positive response when talking about Carrie's skills.
    rainbow1 and gwade82 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ cary- agree it will be very quiet for awhile. Her next event is her Humanitarian award at CRS right? Or is it Mardi Gras?

Yeah- i am pretty sure taytay won the PCA even though we fought really hard on twitter. So we likely won't see carrie at the PCAs or grammys.

Thank God for Mardi Gras! We will see pics and vids of that event anyway. Is it in March? i forget.

given that the Globes are on NBC- I hoped maybe Carrie and Stephen might present at the Globes. But given how much hate carrie got- I would not blame her if she said no to any presenter slots if asked.
    oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    It is not Julie's job nor respobsibility to "make it easier" for Carrie, that's an absolutely preposterous insinuation
    I said she COULD have made it easier..and she could have. Simple enough.
    gwade82 likes this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ cary- agree it will be very quiet for awhile. Her next event is her Humanitarian award at CRS right? Or is it Mardi Gras?

Yeah- i am pretty sure taytay won the PCA even though we fought really hard on twitter. So we likely won't see carrie at the PCAs or grammys.

Thank God for Mardi Gras! We will see pics and vids of that event anyway. Is it in March? i forget.

given that the Globes are on NBC- I hoped maybe Carrie and Stephen might present at the Globes. But given how much hate carrie got- I would not blame her if she said no to any presenter slots if asked.
    I forgot about CRS and Mardi Gras (which is in March).
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

"I feel like it's not about the accolades or the sales numbers or the, you know, awards or any of that. It's about helping people with their lives and making a difference that way."

-- Carrie Underwood (VH1 Behind The Music - Sept 2012)

Concert Stars

CRS is Feb. 19 and the Mardi Gras concert is March 1

Hopefully we get an Opry performance before both of those

mbh
    Huge Carrie Follower

Carrie has TELEVISION MUSICAL PROJECT to be shown in early 2014.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    CRS is Feb. 19 and the Mardi Gras concert is March 1

Hopefully we get an Opry performance before both of those
    It seems Carrie usually does the OPRY around her bday.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

mbh
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    One thing for sure I never in a millions years thought I would see 204 pages on TSOM live on this fansite ever...Can you imagine how far Carrie has come in less than 10 years.. The only thing that will slow her down is raising a
    family... And seeing her interaction with all the kids in the show I have a feeling that might happen very soon...
    On the Julie Andrews supporting our girl question.. I say I think she handled it with all the class and dignity we would expect from Julie.
    JULIE AND CARRIE= CLASS
    This is the LONGEST THREAD I have seen on this site since Carrie won American Idol Show in 2005.

183,460 visits.
    rainbow1 and gwade82 like this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    Carrie has TELEVISION MUSICAL PROJECT to be shown in early 2014.
    If you are talking about the MarVista thing, they just do cheat unofficial documentaries. This is not something where there will be new Carrie performances.
    rainbow1 likes this.

"I feel like it's not about the accolades or the sales numbers or the, you know, awards or any of that. It's about helping people with their lives and making a difference that way."

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by GumbyJRH View Post
    I don't know about y'all but I'm ready for Carrie's next adventure...Sound of Music was amazing and wonderful...time for the next chapter...

The caliber of Carrie's next Era.

mbh
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    If you are talking about the MarVista thing, they just do cheat unofficial documentaries. This is not something where there will be new Carrie performances.
    I am not sure if this is the one (I THINK NOT THIS ONE). In their press release (months ago) they said - they BOUGHT the RIGHT and it will be shown in early 2014 (Carrie's television musical) and three artists will be shown in 2013. Many here commented that this might be ONE of Carrie's SURPRISES on the way that she was talking about.

Carrie Guru
    Isn't 3.2 million pretty decent for a saturday night? Usually saturday shows do pretty poorly.
    it's also because of Christmas Shopping Saturday too...ha..ha..ha...
    teesharky and carrieguy2 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    One thing for sure I never in a millions years thought I would see 204 pages on TSOM live on this fansite ever...Can you imagine how far Carrie has come in less than 10 years.. The only thing that will slow her down is raising a
    family... And seeing her interaction with all the kids in the show I have a feeling that might happen very soon...
    On the Julie Andrews supporting our girl question.. I say I think she handled it with all the class and dignity we would expect from Julie.
    JULIE AND CARRIE= CLASS
    ITA! But then again, Carrie's idea of soon ......

Regarding ratings, I'm actually surprised 3+ million watched. Nobody but us Carrie fans and the VERY FEW people who missed the first time would watch. I mean who's dumb enough to watch WITH commercials even when they have already have it on their PVR. (Yup, I'm one. : ) )
    rainbow1 and carrieguy2 like this.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by GumbyJRH View Post
    I don't know about y'all but I'm ready for Carrie's next adventure...Sound of Music was amazing and wonderful...time for the next chapter...
    Carrie should be very proud of what she has accomplished with the Sound of Music and everything else. I hate to admit that I secretly hope (but don't necessarily expect) that her next major announcement is a pregnancy announcement :-). That of course would not stop her from working on a new album. I would love to see her experiment with what she can do with her voice.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

OK I must have missed something.. What is Carrie doing at Mardi Gras?

Obsessed Chart Watcher
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    OK I must have missed something.. What is Carrie doing at Mardi Gras?
    WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports - Endymion Announces Carrie Underwood Will Headline Extravaganza
    jimshoe, gran29, Smokyiiis and 5 others like this.

mbh
    Huge Carrie Follower
    I found the article in "Carrie Underwood Times", page 3. It is the MarVista thing. They said they picked up the right and it is a new acquisition. But, most probably, NO NEW Carrie performances.

mbh
    Huge Carrie Follower
    I think that for most of the cast, this project became more than a just a job. I think they became a "family" and this was their baby. And this is an experience they will remember for the rest of their lives. You can tell that by how they still talk about each other even after it was done. And though there are many reasons for this, a big reason is because of Carrie. And I am not talking about the fact that she had the lead role. This is about Carrie and who she is, how she lives her life, how she treats people and how hard she works. She was the heart and soul of this project and they rallied around her.
    I agree!!!

Finally, and perhaps most important of all, it means working with a DEEP and ABIDING RESPECT for each other and "THIS ORGANIZATION" - an organization that requires care and attention we give to the members of our immediate families. For it is through the power of HUMAN ORGANIZATION - of individuals working together in common cause - that the bulk of the world's best work gets done. KUDOS to "The Sound of Music Live TEAM".

"The Best Revenge is MASSIVE SUCCESS"!!! SUCK it, HATERS.
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Unfortunately I suspect Carrie will be relatively quiet for the next few months while she relaxed a bit and starts work on a new album. And given what happened in the last couple of weeks, she is probably going to mostly stay away from social media. We may not see her again until the ACM Awards unless she does something on the Grammys or she does the Opry before that.
    That is totally understandable.. This whole experience probably wore her out.. I can't blame her for staying away from social media.. I've been thinking the same thing for myself.. she needs to recharge...

Concert Stars
    I just hope we get a lead single by fall. Otherwise that will be over a year without carrie on the radio. Even if the cd is not done- they should release a single to get her back out there.

•