Page 20 of 324 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree23171Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    I wonder how good a rating Garth Brook's concert got.

I only saw a bit on TV but the little I saw was pretty fantastic. Garth was such a natural on stage and his banter with the audience was so fluid. He had the audience in his hands.
    Garth's special drew 8.75 million viewers.

TV Ratings Friday: ?Grimm? and ?Raising Hope? Down, ?Dracula ? & ?Nikita? Flat as ?Garth Brooks: Live From Las Vegas? Wins Night - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Concert Stars
    ^ nice! He is right on par with Carrie's xmas special. Good for Garth!
    rainbow1 and liveasong like this.

Concert Stars
    Thats really solid for him.

Glad for him.

I think Carrie is going to do really well. Yes, there is alot more competition on her night, but I still think it is a special enough event that it will do well.

I don't understand why they did not give it an weekend. It would have done great on a Saturday.
    But I understand their desire to set it up against their biggest competition.

There are intererstng theories behind competing against the big boys vrs, intentionally putting in a weak spot and then winning by a landslide.

I remember in the 90's when a little known fox network put Simpsons / Married W/Children / Xfiles on Sunday nights. They had no competition to speak of at all, so they always did well, and it also became predictable enough that slowly but surely the entire country was watching that Sundaynite lineup cause it was so reliable. And the shows became Huge.
    Basically cause they had no competition.

So choosing scheduling always depends on what you want out of it.

(I just think a Wednesday night is an odd night for a Special Presentation for the whole family).

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post

Glad for him.

I think Carrie is going to do really well. Yes, there is alot more competition on her night, but I still think it is a special enough event that it will do well.

I don't understand why they did not give it an weekend. It would have done great on a Saturday.

There are intererstng theories behind competing against the big boys vrs, intentionally putting in a weak spot and then winning by a landslide.

I remember in the 90's when a little known fox network put Simpsons / Married W/Children / Xfiles on Sunday nights. They had no competition to speak of at all, so they always did well, and it also became predictable enough that slowly but surely the entire country was watching that Sundaynite lineup cause it was so reliable. And the shows became Huge.

(I just think a Wednesday night is an odd night for a Special Presentation for the whole family).
    Well, this time of year, a lot of people are out shopping from early morning to late night on the weekends lol so I actually think a Thursday night time slot is a perfect choice!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Glad for him.

Friday and Saturday are weak schedules because those are nights people do other things. They can't do Sunday because NBC has football. So that leaves Monday through Thursday. They are not going to do Monday or Tuesday since NBC has The Voice. That leaves a Wednesday or Thursday. And they picked Thurday.

Concert Stars
    So i searched everywhere and the TV guide with carrie on it is not out yet. Bummer. Doesn't it need to hit stores before thursday to be effective?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I just got an e-mail saying my pre-order for the CD has shipped(I ordered fromBarnes and Noble). Assuming it comes before Thursday it's going to be hard not to listen to it before the actual show!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    So i searched everywhere and the TV guide with carrie on it is not out yet. Bummer. Doesn't it need to hit stores before thursday to be effective?
    I have one and the picture of Carrie is on the back cover -- week of November 25th--December 8th; was hoping to see a write-up about it but they didn't have one.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    The articles in Entertainment Weekly that Tee shared reminded me about Craig Zadan and Neil Meron's role in producing this year's Oscars. Do you think they might find a role for Carrie - perhaps singing the Memoriam for the stars lost in 2013? That would be awesome exposure! I can imagine that they have developed a genuine, deep fondness for Carrie that will extend well beyond The Sound of Music: Live!
    rainbow1, teesharky, pgk and 1 others like this.

Ty
    Has Carrie [Underwood] impressed you?
    She sings the bejesus out of “Lonely Goatherd.” It’s pretty amazing to hear her hit that yodeling.

Stephen Moyer: It's 'Pretty Amazing' to Hear Carrie Underwood Yodel

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I don't know what is up with that cover because as Suellen posted, the TV Guide with the promo on the back cover runs through December 8th and the cover that shows Carrie on it is from December 2nd to December 8th
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Does anyone know where I can find screencaptures of the making of special?

Concert Stars

Glad for him.

Isn't the 5th a THURSDAY night?
    pklongbeach, rainbow1 and mbh like this.

Concert Stars
    IS it thursday??

Ha ha ha,.....
    Smokyiiis and mbh like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I don't know what is up with that cover because as Suellen posted, the TV Guide with the promo on the back cover runs through December 8th and the cover that shows Carrie on it is from December 2nd to December 8th
    My TV Guide came in my newspaper this morning (it's actually titled TV Week, November 30 to Dec. 6) and it had that picture on the front. The inside didn't have much of an article. Inside it featured a picture of Stephen Moyer from another broadway show he appeared in.

Concert Stars
    I was wondering the same thing because I looked for it today and they had the one from Nov 25 - Dec 8. I'm glad I'm not the only one not finding Carrie on the cover.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Off topic but nice- Trisha Yearwood retweeted Carrie's kind tweet about her last night! Happy she saw it.
    rainbow1, opry051008 and mbh like this.

I just posted a tweet from Ariane. She and Laura Benanti will be on Today Weekend tomorrow morning.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Does anyone have the link to the official promo that showed Carrie yodeling at the very end with a super high note??

I remember seeing it somewhere here but can't find it.

Concert Stars
    ^ It was on the Making of special, where she hit the high note at the end of Do Re Mi. but the yodeling part was also on it too and in a commercial. I am sure the link is here and in some of the other threads. haha It gets confusing as there are so many SOM threads.

•