Page 151 of 324 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 6470
Like Tree23171Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Obsessed Carrie Fan Eder Rodrigues's Avatar
    On metacritic:

53 - The Sound of Music Live! (Based on 10 reviews)
    The Sound of Music Live! - Season 1 Reviews - Metacritic

53 - Soul Surfer (Based on 27 reviews)
    Soul Surfer Reviews - Metacritic
    Last edited by Eder Rodrigues; 12-09-2013 at 05:08 AM.
    teesharky likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Who is Jenny? I must not follow her as I hadn't noticed anything.

Most of the people on my timeline have been ignoring the haters. I have too- for the most part- but KILLS ME to keep quiet. lol I seem to have developed this pattern of replying to them and deleting it immediately after before Carrie sees my tweets. lol

I tried really really hard to retweet only nice things and positive things for Carrie the past few months. Occasionally I slip up-- but I have been a good girl. haha
    jennypugero or something like that. i think she's relatively new to twitter. she'll be suspended soon.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    So EW posted an article about the reaction of 4 of the actors who played the Von Trapp children in the movie. Of the 4, Nicholas Hammond (Friedrich) and Debbie Turner (Marta) in particular had very positive things to say about the TV version. I don't want to comment about the reaction of the attention-hungry actor who played the youngest von Trapp.

On her FB page, Debbie Turner started a thread of discussion on SOM. Three things that I find interesting:
    - The vibe that I got from the EW article where she was positive was very different from the impression I got from the FB thread. In the thread, she was nitpicking the details. I still appreciate the positive vibe she gave in the EW article.

- She said she really tried to emphasize the positive during her several interviews after SOM, and she speculated maybe that's the reason we didn't get to hear/read the interviews as the press seems to be digging for negativity. I for one appreciate her effort. Of course, the Gretl actress provided the press the negativity they were seeking, so why would they need Debbie for it.

- She also wrote that it would have been nice if they (SOM TV version people) reached to them in some way, more for behind the scenes, but she speculated that they didn't want the movie actors involved in some way. I disagree, Neil Meron didn't have to reach out to them.
    Can you post a link to the EW article? I searched their whole website and I am just not finding the article. Tx.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    You don't know the extreme effort that I had to exert to keep myself from tweeting back to Seth McFarlane, David Boreanaz and the attention-seeking movie Gretl actress, who is now my new SWSRN lol. Ok fine I slipped and tweeted Cat Deely (did I spell it right? She's such a low-level celeb I can't even remember the spelling of her name lol. Yes, I'm snarky. Allow me this small consolation) lol but I successfully restrained myself with the other nasty people, celeb or not.
    me too. I refrained from tweeting any celebs anything bad- as most have been nice to Carrie anyway. Cat Deely is too D-list for me to care about.

Seth McFarlane used to like Carrie I thought- since Stewy loved BHC on Family Guy. His tweet kind of stung. It was not necessary. Her tweet was not meant as a religious slam of non-Christians. She was just trying to defend herself from attack.

I am getting the feeling that not only did people take Carrie's Jesus tweet wrong, but there is still some backlash for her Obamacare joke. Could it have hurt Carrie at the Grammys this year??

I just don't understand the need for such nasty tweets by some. I guess they are not who we thought they were.

Concert Stars
    Who is Jenny? I must not follow her as I hadn't noticed anything.

Most of the people on my timeline have been ignoring the haters. I have too- for the most part- but KILLS ME to keep quiet. lol I seem to have developed this pattern of replying to them and deleting it immediately after before Carrie sees my tweets. lol

I tried really really hard to retweet only nice things and positive things for Carrie the past few months. Occasionally I slip up-- but I have been a good girl. haha
    That is great to know Tee ... Mean and negative replies only attract the same. Its great to know that you are posting and thinking positive things. We all want great things for Carrie but life is not always going to hand her that. Since your replies or responses are probably one of the closest things she can see in regards to her online social fanbase I absolutely salute you for being more reserved and positive. Thank you on behalf of a very hardcore Carrie fan.
    teesharky likes this.

Can you post a link to the EW article? I searched their whole website and I am just not finding the article. Tx.

'Sound of Music Live!': The original film's Von Trapp children respond | PopWatch | EW.com
    teesharky and pkc4rls like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Eder Rodrigues View Post
    On metacritic:

53 - Sould Surfer (Based on 27 reviews)
    That isn't too bad. Honestly, I expected much worse for SOM given how much hate she got.

Gator, rainbow1, bluetb4 and 6 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    omg, thanks for reminding me...that Jenny chick REALLY went in hard on David Boreanaz, and I think was the inspiration behind his "wow, there are some rude people" tweet...
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ tx for the link. Dang- Freidrich is clearly my favorite!

Nicholas Hammond, Friedrich
    The times didn’t line up [Hammond lives in Australia], but I have seen bits and pieces on the Net, and it looks great. … For me, Maria will always be Julie Andrews, and that’s embedded in my DNA. And I’ve toured with Julie here in Australia last year, and it’s all still so fresh in my mind that it’s very hard for me to see anybody else in that role, but that said, look, I know some of the public resists the idea of anybody else playing Maria, but what people get confused about is that the movie and the stage play are two very different things, and there are probably 40 professional productions a year of the play, which is what Carrie did, and so she was just yet another Maria in the stage production of The Sound of Music. She wasn’t trying to copy the movie, and nor was NBC trying to copy the movie. … I thought going with somebody like Carrie who has a beautiful voice and who has her own following, I thought, “What a fascinating idea,” because it’s looking outside the box a little bit. It’s not just getting another Broadway singer; it’s somebody who comes from a background that in a funny way kind of is a reflection of the real Maria, because the real Maria grew up on a farm, she was a country girl. … I hope Carrie hears or reads about all of our congratulations and best wishes to her, because she certainly deserves them.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    I tweeted every single one those witches.

haha That is one of the best gifs yet! LMAO We are lucky to have you on the dark side. lol Kidding
    liveasong likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Eder Rodrigues View Post
    On metacritic:

53 - Sould Surfer (Based on 27 reviews)

I tried voting, but it keeps telling me my email account is invalid. It is not. ???

Concert Stars
    This was nice actually:

Debbie Turner, Marta
    I thought the singing was just spot-on, beautiful. The singing was just unbelievable. I thought Carrie Underwood, I thought she did a really nice job. She’s just so adorable. She’s just beautiful and in the close-up shots, I’m thinking, “This is hi-def!” I thought the kids, of course, were all adorable. I thought, for a play version — you know, people are comparing it to the movie, and it isn’t the movie, it’s the stage play. Comparing it to that, which is what I was comparing it to, I thought it was well done, very well done. I thought the costumes were just amazing. I was in awe of all the different outfits. … I thought the woman that played Mother Abbess [Audra McDonald], her “Climb Ev’ry Mountain” brought tears to my eyes. … The one piece that I felt was missing from when you see the live version of the play is you didn’t get a reaction from the audience. They didn’t play that. There’s little clips that definitely get a chuckle or a laugh. I somehow thought they were going to be in front of a live audience.

Concert Stars
    Really if you read this article, none in it say that much about Carrie. Some seem to just dislike the whole production lol. But I know the one girl was supposedly more vocal or nasty on twitter. I can't really agree on the comment about Audra being miscast because she was too wonderful to think of missing out on. And maybe there is or isn't something to the comment about Stephen and Carrie and the chemistry but I think some of it could possibly be that they really did not play up their love story all that much in this version. They practically went from just meeting to married is part of it. But then again, I kind of thought the Julie and Christopher match was just a little strange also. But anyway, I did not see that their chemistry caused any big problem with it like she acts like. And truth be told, I read that Maria and the Captain did not yet love each other when they got married. She said she grew to love him. And Kym mentioning the dialog being poor is a little strange since I think they used the exact script they used for the broadway version I thought. Anyway, I am sure there were some negative comments about the movie back then also. Like the current guy playing Rolf made a comment yesterday about the guy playing him in the movie in no way looked 17 going on 18 and someone said he was 30 lol.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    I am watching the show for the third time and I really am baffled by the very negative reviews. Yes I am a huge fan of Carrie but I don't think she deserves the harsh reviews. I tried to explain to someone that I think the director had her play Maria as this sheltered girl. She is not going to be worldly like Elsa or Max. Yes she needs to grow as an actress . . . but I have seen worse and I don't think that person received the same harsh treatment.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Bob Costas just lead in to the SNF song by saying that "Carrie Underwood will again let us know why Sunday Night Football is one of her favorite things".

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Wow, Maria von Trapp is singing the SNF song.

^ tx for the link. Dang- Freidrich is clearly my favorite!

Nicholas Hammond, Friedrich
    The times didn’t line up [Hammond lives in Australia], but I have seen bits and pieces on the Net, and it looks great. … For me, Maria will always be Julie Andrews, and that’s embedded in my DNA. And I’ve toured with Julie here in Australia last year, and it’s all still so fresh in my mind that it’s very hard for me to see anybody else in that role, but that said, look, I know some of the public resists the idea of anybody else playing Maria, but what people get confused about is that the movie and the stage play are two very different things, and there are probably 40 professional productions a year of the play, which is what Carrie did, and so she was just yet another Maria in the stage production of The Sound of Music. She wasn’t trying to copy the movie, and nor was NBC trying to copy the movie. … I thought going with somebody like Carrie who has a beautiful voice and who has her own following, I thought, “What a fascinating idea,” because it’s looking outside the box a little bit. It’s not just getting another Broadway singer; it’s somebody who comes from a background that in a funny way kind of is a reflection of the real Maria, because the real Maria grew up on a farm, she was a country girl. … I hope Carrie hears or reads about all of our congratulations and best wishes to her, because she certainly deserves them.

My favorite too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first article that I've seen that noted Friedrich's reaction, whereas I've been reading Gretl's reaction on several sites, and have been retweeted over and over.
    lizcarlo and teesharky like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I was a little slow on that uptake.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Cool. Just noticed that it's already on Comcast on Demand.. This means I can re-tape it since my VCR screwed up the taping Thursday night!
    teesharky likes this.

•