Page 12 of 324 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree23171Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I think that the comparisons to Julie (who I adore) are unavoidable, but I'm not inclined to say one is better than the other. For me they are 'different' but equally good and effective vocally. The acting? Guess we'll have to wait and see how the new inexperienced kid does in this new neighbourhood filled with pros. Daunting! And just based on the spunk and courage required for this gig the new kid's got me cheering for her.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    I think that the comparisons to Julie (who I adore) are unavoidable, but I'm not inclined to say one is better than the other. For me they are 'different' but equally good and effective vocally. The acting? Guess we'll have to wait and see how the new inexperienced kid does in this new neighbourhood filled with pros. Daunting! And just based on the spunk and courage required for this gig the new kid's got me cheering for her.
    Agree, both can be wonderful, just different. I'm just crossing my fingers that Carrie can be equally wonderful in her acting. : )
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    TV ratings: ?Criminal Minds? leads CBS to a big win against soft competition - Zap2it

Fast National ratings for Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013

The CBS win was even larger than normal since it had all-new episodes up against ABC's reruns, NBC's special programming, "The X Factor" and a movie on the CW. "Criminal Minds" was the top show of the night with 11 million viewers.

The Peacock won with 10.2 million viewers and a 6.2 rating/11 share in households. NBC was second with 4.89 million viewers and a 3.0/5, followed closely by FOX at 4.86 million and a 2.8/5. ABC was fourth at 3.6 million viewers and a 2.3/4 and the CW brought up the rear with 1.8 million and a 1.1/2.

The 18-49 demo title also went to CBS with a 2.2, followed by NBC (1.4), FOX (1.2), ABC (0.8) and the CW (0.5).

Wednesday hour by hour:

8 p.m.

CBS: "Survivor: Blood vs. Water" (8.8 million viewers, 5.1/9 households)
    NBC: "The Making of the Sound of Music Live" (4.9 million, 3.2/5)
    ABC: "The Middle" rerun (4.89 million, 3.1/5)/"Last Man Standing" rerun (4.3 million, 2.7/5)
    FOX: "The X Factor" (4.8 million, 2.8/5)
    The CW: "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" (1.8 million, 1.1/2)

18-49 leader: "Survivor: Blood vs. Water" (2.2)

9 p.m.

CBS: "Criminal Minds" (11 million, 6.7/11)
    ABC: "Modern Family" rerun (4.96 million, 3.1/5)/"Super Fun Night" rerun (2.9 million, 1.9/3)
    NBC: "SNL Thanksgiving special" (4.93 million, 2.9/5)
    FOX: "The X Factor" (4.92 million, 2.9/5)
    The CW: "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" (1.8 million, 1.1/2)

18-49 leader: "Modern Family" (3.3)

10 p.m.

CBS: "CSI" (10.8 million, 6.7/12)
    NBC: "SNL Thanksgiving special" (4.8 million, 2.8/5)
    ABC: "Nashville" rerun (2.3 million, 1.6/3)

18-49 leader: "CSI" (2.0)
    wow about 5 million! That is really good for a "Making of" special, right? I think this will hit 8 million at least next week now. Not everyone knew that this special was on last night- first of all. And not everyone is interested in "making of" stuff. So that was hard core Carrie fans and theater fans, SOM fans, etc- watching. Curious people too.

If the mere making of special can generate 5 million and come in second place for NBC that night, that is really really good.

Figure all 5 million will watch next week, and then add a couple more million who didn't care or know about the special last night. So now I am predicting 8 million for next week- which would be great right??
    rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I agree with that last paragraph.Carrie comes off more as

She climbs a tree and scrapes her knee
    Her dress has got a tear
    She waltzes on her way to Mass
    And whistles on the stair
    And underneath her wimple
    She has curlers in her hair
    I even heard her singing in the abbey

then Julie did.Totally not knocking Julie...SOM is my favorite movie in the world and has been sing I was 9 years old and saw it for the first time. :-) Carrie just seems more playful and childlike then Julie did.
    agree! I adore Julie Andrews! Don't get me wrong. I grew up on her version like everyone else and if anyone but Carrie were doing this-- I might resent it too. just being honest. haha

But yeah, at least with the children, I feel Carrie was on par with her. But I do feel Julie may be more confident and expressive perhaps on the serious, adult type scenes and love scenes especially. Carrie gets squeamish around love and mushy kissing scenes, lol- so this will be a challenge for her.

But Stephen Moyer is so good- so nice- and so supportive of Carrie- that I bet he helped her alot. I bet she will do great.
    rainbow1, Smokyiiis and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    This paragraph strikes me as very interesting. In reading some articles about the real Maria Von Trapp, it says that Maria wasn't in love the Captain when they got married. But she absolutely adored and loved the children and that is why she married the Captain. But over time Maria did fall in love with the Captain. So when you are talking about Carrie's acting, it does in an odd way have some parallels to some aspects of real Marie's life.
    That is very interesting. Yeah Carrie seems very comfortable with the kids- which is huge- as she is pretty much with them most of the movie. The scenes with the adults are not as frequent. haha Maybe that is a good thing- who knows. But no one can successfully say Carrie seems stiff or forced with the kids: it felt real.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    PS- I just realized that Carrie's SOM special beat the X Factor last night. haha Suck it Demi Lovato. lol
    oldyfan likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    PS- I just realized that Carrie's SOM special beat the X Factor last night. haha Suck it Demi Lovato. lol
    TROLOLOL. You're never gonna let this one go, are you? XD

Anyways, no one watches the X-Factor anymore. Sucks for them. lol

Concert Stars
    Ooh Carrie and Stephen look hot! And the hat picture is perfect! Loving this!

Guys here is a new article in the NY Daily News about Carrie's haters. Very good article and they printed the whole Julie quote giving her blessing. I honestly think these articles are helping quiet down some haters as maybe they needed Carrie to say she is not Julie. Now that she said it- maybe they will back off a bit. PEople are defending her now.

Carrie Underwood responds to ?Sound of Music? remake backlash: ?I know I?m not' Julie Andrews - NY Daily News

Concert Stars
    I think her saying, "I know my place"....really got to people. It was soooo humble!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    wow about 5 million! That is really good for a "Making of" special, right? I think this will hit 8 million at least next week now. Not everyone knew that this special was on last night- first of all. And not everyone is interested in "making of" stuff. So that was hard core Carrie fans and theater fans, SOM fans, etc- watching. Curious people too.

If the mere making of special can generate 5 million and come in second place for NBC that night, that is really really good.

Figure all 5 million will watch next week, and then add a couple more million who didn't care or know about the special last night. So now I am predicting 8 million for next week- which would be great right??
    8 million would not be considered great, it would actually be average or below. Hopefully, it will be between 20-30 million viewers...anything more would be even better, lol! I want this to have such high viewership.

Julie Andrews live version of Cinderella had 107 million viewers, I would take half of that... Times have change and an not expecting anything close to that but I am truly hoping for 50-60 million viewers...please, please, please!!!!!

Also please go buy the soundtrack!!!!!
    Smokyiiis and oldyfan like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ What kind of rating does shows in that timeslot usually get?

Any expected predictation ratings by the media?

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It's NBC. They never get good ratings, except for maybe the voice and Sunday night football.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ty
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    8 million would not be considered great, it would actually be average or below. Hopefully, it will be between 20-30 million viewers...anything more would be even better, lol! I want this to have such high viewership.
    Not sure if you're kidding or what, but those number are entirely unreasonable. 8-10 million would be great.

Concert Stars
    I'm thinking viewership of 25-30 million or higher for SOM next week. Jmo

Concert Stars
    Seriously I'm warning you guys, if you're expecting 25-30 million you will be REALLY disappointing. If this pulls in 10 million, that'd be a HUGE success. There are hundreds of channels now. People don't have to watch the same three channels if they don't want to.

Ty
    You're setting yourself up for disappointment.
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Seriously, what draws over 20 million anymore besides sports and Maybe NCIS? Haha. TV is a niche market now.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Not sure if you're kidding or what, but those number are entirely unreasonable. 8-10 million would be great.
    Lol, I am being overly optimistic.

I am hoping that it's between 20-30 million thou... That would be great... The voice gets abt 11-12million views; since this is such an icon story, I am hoping ppl will tune in and watch.
    8-10 will be low. Carrie's holiday show alone had 8.5 million viewers, so I am expecting double that and then some.

50 million is bit unrealistic...lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ umm 20 mil is a bit unrealistic.If it does 8-11 mil will be a hit.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Seriously I'm warning you guys, if you're expecting 25-30 million you will be REALLY disappointing. If this pulls in 10 million, that'd be a HUGE success. There are hundreds of channels now. People don't have to watch the same three channels if they don't want to.
    I agree, there are so many options now. Truthfully, I am just excited that we get to see Carrie do this and the rating would not bother me, as long as it has at least 8 million viewers..I don't know much abt these stuff.

If you guys think 8-10 million is great, than I will take that!!! As long as it's a success!!!
    teesharky and oldyfan like this.

•