Page 111 of 324 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 6470
Like Tree23171Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by NEILHUNK View Post
    the interesting part now is whether NBC will attempt another live musical. Who on earth can do it LIVE?????? of course the theater/broadway peeps can do it, but they just don't have the star power and vocal chops carrie has.

and i bet the re-airing will still get a few million viewers especially if its close to christmas

I want Wicked live but only if they cast Carrie as Glinda. Lol

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars

karlwarden 2 hours ago
    Dreams come true! The secret is real! With the amazing @carrieunderwood such a talent and more importantly a wonderful PERSON #carrieunderwood #thesoundofmusiclive #somlive #instafamous #broadway #countrymusic #grammys

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Sorry for the consecutive posts lol. Found an interesting comment at Broadway.com message boards:

Agree or disagree?
    Carrie has a LOT of experience acting while singing with all the videos she's done and on stage in her own concerts. It is no surprise at all that she would be good at that. Also very good with her non verbal acting as she did a lot of that in videos as well. Remember that Carrie is trained as a broadcaster not an actor. Broadcasters have to try to disconnect with their emotions while reading the news while actors have to do the opposite. She hasn't really had much acting training at all and given that she did pretty well
    oldyfan, Inspired, bluetb4 and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    There's going to be at least one re-airing before the end of the year. If that draws a reasonably good audience, we have a legitimate success.
    I hope the DVD sales are good too.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sur_crazy4carrie View Post
    There's going to be at least one re-airing before the end of the year. If that draws a reasonably good audience, we have a legitimate success.
    Actually they will consider it a success on one airing with those numbers

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILHUNK View Post
    the interesting part now is whether NBC will attempt another live musical. Who on earth can do it LIVE?????? of course the theater/broadway peeps can do it, but they just don't have the star power and vocal chops carrie has.

and i bet the re-airing will still get a few million viewers especially if its close to christmas
    Well an article I posted earlier had an interview with the producers and they said the NBC called them after the ratings started coming in and told them to get back to work. So it is likely at some point that we will hear about another live production. But as you said, it is going to be hard for them to find someone who matches Carrie's drawing power and ability to do it live.

Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Well an article I posted earlier had an interview with the producers and they said the NBC called them after the ratings started coming in and told them to get back to work. So it is likely at some point that we will hear about another live production. But as you said, it is going to be hard for them to find someone whole matches Carrie's drawing power and ability to do it live.

They can always just hire Carrie once a year to do a Musical.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Well an article I posted earlier had an interview with the producers and they said the NBC called them after the ratings started coming in and told them to get back to work. So it is likely at some point that we will hear about another live production. But as you said, it is going to be hard for them to find someone whole matches Carrie's drawing power and ability to do it live.
    OMG. cary replied directly to my post. i've been in this forum since 2007 and he hasnt replied once. im so happy, hahaha.

it's like im closer to greatness, and one step closer to carrie hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by pkc4rls View Post
    Actually they will consider it a success on one airing with those numbers
    I meant more in terms of staying power you know. If people come back to watch it, then it's not just a one shot thing.

Also business wise, advertisers will buy up slots if re-airings have good success.

Concert Stars
    I think you are right in that they are thinking these producers are primarily responsible for bringing in the huge numbers and can do it again but I more credit Carrie for that so without someone with her drawing power, I doubt they will bring in those numbers
    gwade82 and DaisyTweets like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Legitimate??? 18.5 million viewers. Even as complete novice I understood that.

I want Carrie to star in Oklahoma never seen it before but the title is the same as Carrie home state plus the music is by the same people who did sound of music
    rainbow1 and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    It is funny that article mentions doing "Oklahoma" next because from articles I read, the original idea from NBC was to do "Oklahoma". But the producers suggested to do TSOM instead.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Seriously? We have a legitimate success NOW! Those numbers stayed through the entire 3 hours. Everything else from now on is just whipped cream topping.

Huge Carrie Follower
    well, speaking of Oklahoma, it was the highest metered state. They're still backing carrie after all these years. aw.......... so sweet
    oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    After seeing her interact with the children I would like Carrie to take on Mary Poppins
    or
    I could also vote for Hello Dolly

(yeah I said it)
    mofan and tigercae like this.

You know I think Kristen Chenoweth has enough drawing power if they want to do Wicked live. She probably won't mind reprising Glinda. I'd watch!!
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    I meant more in terms of staying power you know. If people come back to watch it, then it's not just a one shot thing.

Also business wise, advertisers will buy up slots if re-airings have good success.
    well partly true but they know reairings always go down and I am more speaking for Carrie then the network and with even one airing at those numbers, it gives her a lot of power for any future acting jobs she may want

Huge Carrie Follower
    To be honest, kristin chenoweth may not be able to draw as much people.

I want carrie to star in legally blond......
    tigercae likes this.

•