Page 110 of 324 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 6473
Like Tree23183Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Rachel Potter@therachelpotter

Hey @carrieunderwood- amazing job in #TheSoundOfMusicLive! Thank you for introducing theater to a whole new audience! You made history girl!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILHUNK View Post
    wow, to think that we were talking about 8 to 10 million only, and hopes to at least be close to the ratings of Garth brooks. but 18 plus million???????????????????????????? WHOA.

Talk about the power of carrie underwood!!!!!!!!!!! take that CMA b****es
    I am absolutely in love with that post. Terrific.
    NEILHUNK, oldyfan and mofan like this.

Concert Stars
    I love how pretty much most reviews have been positive, or mostly positive. we all know Carrie's acting is not her strong point, which is expected since duh, she's a singer not an actress LOL I'm sure if they worked on this musical for months or a good year, she would have been even better in her acting but from where she was before in her acting and now, she's improved greatly and especially only really working on this production for not even a few months she was great!!
    pklongbeach, oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Follower
    Love all the reviews. And the figure is amazing, 18.5 millions viewers!! Amazing!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    This was why NBC picked her as their choice as Maria.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    AS for Carries acting:

Lets get out of the way that she is in fact, Not an Actor. After you accept that and then let go of it and look at what is happening in front of you, there is no question that she is an engaging person. That odd quality that does not allow anyone in the room to take thier eyes off her. The kids clearly adored her in real life as they stared into her eyes as if they were drinking hot coaco.

Alos, Audra and Stephen were improved by being allowed to be the "better actor" in her presence. Audra in particular seemed to oddly use it as a vehicle for her character to "mentor" this young woman into a life worth living her Dreams.
    Climb E'vry Mountain worked so well partly because Audra is phenomenal and partly because of who she was singing it to.
    There was not a hater watching lastnight who did not feel the pang of recognizing she was singing that to allow Underwood a free passage to Live Her Dreams regardless of what others say. The tears were real!!

The moments of faith, and Carries commitment to the betterment of the Von Trapp children was sincere and real.

The difficulty every young actor learns is to "act in the empty moments", and that is not something she is used to doing.
    Also, as an actor you learn to "give physical expression" to moments even when it does not feel "authentic".
    And that is where Carrie showed her lack of experience. She is not a natural actor. She is an incredibly natual singer.
    And when she is singing, she is acting out every nuance. As an actor she will learn to do that better if she chooses to continue to act.

As it was though, she brough a real quality that I think few are giving her credit for. She made the whole thing feel so real and in the "now" that otherwise it would have played like a soap opera.

Finally, actors practice the hardest moments and forget to enfuse charactor acting into the "throwaway lines".
    It was in her supportive throw away lines that she was not fully engaged. And thats ok, they were not that important to the story, and it reminded you that she was not a professional. She was Maria in an odd place with odd people having to find her way in a scary situation. And that came across loud and clear.

In short, she was amazing for what experience she has.
    And in the future, she has a very very good chance of being great!!!!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    AS for Carries acting:

Lets get out of the way that she is in fact, Not an Actor. After you accept that and then let go of it and look at what is happening in front of you, there is no question that she is an engaging person. That odd quality that does not allow anyone in the room to take thier eyes off her. The kids clearly adored her in real life as they stared into her eyes as if they were drinking hot coaco.

Alos, Audra and Stephen were improved by being allowed to be the "better actor" in her presence. Audra in particular seemed to oddly use it as a vehicle for her character to "mentor" this young woman into a life worth living her Dreams.
    Climb E'vry Mountain worked so well partly because Audra is phenomenal and partly because of who she was singing it to.
    There was not a hater watching lastnight who did not feel the pang of recognizing she was singing that to allow Underwood a free passage to Live Her Dreams regardless of what others say. The tears were real!!

The moments of faith, and Carries commitment to the betterment of the Von Trapp children was sincere and real.

The difficulty every young actor learns is to "act in the empty moments", and that is not something she is used to doing.
    Also, as an actor you learn to "give physical expression" to moments even when it does not feel "authentic".
    And that is where Carrie showed her lack of experience. She is not a natural actor. She is an incredibly natual singer.
    And when she is singing, she is acting out every nuance. As an actor she will learn to do that better if she chooses to continue to act.

As it was though, she brough a real quality that I think few are giving her credit for. She made the whole thing feel so real and in the "now" that otherwise it would have played like a soap opera.

Finally, actors practice the hardest moments and forget to enfuse charactor acting into the "throwaway lines".
    It was in her supportive throw away lines that she was not fully engaged. And thats ok, they were not that important to the story, and it reminded you that she was not a professional. She was Maria in an odd place with odd people having to find her way in a scary situation. And that came across loud and clear.

Very good analysis. I agree with you 100%.

Concert Stars
    I'm not being a jerk or anything but Carrie was as good and better in most parts then Stephen.. IMO. ..
    pgk, rainbow1, oldyfan and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NEILHUNK View Post
    wow, to think that we were talking about 8 to 10 million only, and hopes to at least be close to the ratings of Garth brooks. but 18 plus million???????????????????????????? WHOA.

Talk about the power of carrie underwood!!!!!!!!!!! take that CMA b****es
    Exactly.

I tweeted this earlier but I'm FLOORED by these ratings. I did not expect this. Wow.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Very good analysis. I agree with you 100%.
    yeah pretty much sums it up
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Exactly.

I tweeted this earlier but I'm FLOORED by these ratings. I did not expect this. Wow.
    Honestly I didn't either. I did start thinking higher then my original est when I saw all the promo but never thought this
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    One of the best things is all the "new" fans that will be buying Carrie's old albums, also I think we are going to need a bigger website for the latecomers.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraebe View Post
    David Wild@Wildaboutmusic
    #TheSoundOfMusicLive ratings are MASSIVE. Bet against @carreunderwood's appeal, charm & talent at your own risk.

I just LOVE this guy!! No one supports Carrie like him...besides us, of course!!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by GumbyJRH View Post
    I'm not being a jerk or anything but Carrie was as good and better in most parts then Stephen.. IMO. ..
    YES, in my opinion, he is angry or too rigid !
    GumbyJRH likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan sur_crazy4carrie's Avatar
    AS for Carries acting:

This is a very good analysis and I strongly agree with the bolded parts.

Concert Stars
    Well I always DVR everything I watch so I don't have to watch the Commercials.. I was gonna do that last night also but didn't quite make it... Me and my Wife were watching a episode of HOMELAND (great series) and just about 5 here on the west coast(I get a east coast feed for NBC) a overwhelming feeling of loss came over me like a was about to miss something huge.. Well I had to turn over to TSOM and watch it from the very beginning live... My Wife was none to happy about it let me tell ya... Anyway Carrie gets through the singing of TSOM at the beginning and my wife says YOU CAN TAKE A BREATH NOW SHE DIDNT FALL ON HER FACE...LOL My Wife isn't a big Carrie fan but she stayed there for 3 hours watching it with me.. That told me the ratings would be great even before I saw em...
    Anyway I am so glad I DVR'd it so I can actually watch it again today and really enjoy it this time around.. I was way too nervous for Carrie to really enjoy it last night.. What an incredible performance by our girl.. Just when you think she can't do anything to make you love her more she comes up with TSOM.... WOW
    Aubra is great to but I bet she couldn't pull off BHC.. LOL
    oldyfan, liz278, judes and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    YES, in my opinion, he is angry or too rigid !
    But I do think there is some truth in what pk said in that his experience did show thru in the moments pk mentioned. But funny enough in one of those reviews posted last night, the reviewer mentioned Stephen and although they didn't praise Carrie, they said she was miles above Stephen lol and further said he should never be allowed to sing again lol. I didn't quite agree with a lot of it but thought I would mention it since you mentioned Stephen.
    pklongbeach likes this.

With rating like that this better get an Emmy and Golden Globe nomination and an oscar if it can be nominated
    Suellen likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Sheryl Crow ‏@SherylCrow 8m . @carrieunderwood, I am so proud of you! What a huge accomplishment! You are one brave chick!
    Maggie, Suellen, oldyfan and 10 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    20+ milliom people watched it and comtinued to watch it for 3 hours. That is a bigger statement about Carrie and the whole SOM cast and crew than a few nasty reviews. The network will love Carrie for this. The musical theater community will love Carrie for helping to bring their art to TV again and for creating a large enough audience to persuade others to create more events like this. If you though Carrie was in high demand before this, this will take it to a new level.

I agree with you 100 %. In short, Carrie Underwood is just a "Television Magnet".

Huge Carrie Follower
    the interesting part now is whether NBC will attempt another live musical. Who on earth can do it LIVE?????? of course the theater/broadway peeps can do it, but they just don't have the star power and vocal chops carrie has.

and i bet the re-airing will still get a few million viewers especially if its close to christmas

•