Page 101 of 323 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 6460
Like Tree23135Likes

Thread: [Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Concert Stars
    I had zero interest in The Sound of Music before hearing Carrie was cast last year. And wow, what an awesome show! I expected to be a little bored at times because I'm not totally into theater, but I was glued to the tv! I really enjoyed all the music and especially Carrie's scenes with the kids and Audra. I've read some negative comments on another site, and I don't understand why people can't just sit back and enjoy the show. In art there is no "right" way to do anything. It's all subjective. I felt a lot of the things I heard Carrie critiqued for actually contributed to the believability of her character. She was an innocent, somewhat naive young woman that wasn't always sure of herself. Of course she's not going to carry herself like a CEO of a corporation.

Whew. Good to get that out.

Since we all know we loved Carrie, what else did you guys like about the show? I thought Kurt was great—man he hit that high note perfectly!

Carrie Guru
    Carrie did an amazing job ! Thank you, Carrie for having the courage to play Maria !

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I will be interested to see the ratings? I just think they are going to be very good. Fingers crossed that even the haters watched! :-). Hate all you want, I won't read you anymore...but will take the additionally viewership numbers you provide.

David Wild ‏@Wildaboutmusic 1m
    So far I think @carrieunderwood's doing GREAT. I knew if she could host with @BradPaisley she could handle Nazis & Live TV musicals.

Ty
    Pretty good review from the NY Daily News: ?The Sound of Music Live!? review - NY Daily News

I'm happy with these reviews for the most part. It's been mixed but that's what I was expecting.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Leeza Gibbons@LeezaGibbons
    Gotta say I loved #SoundofMusic Live with #CarrieUnderwood Very ambitious- I was singing along and give NBC credit.

Leeza Gibbons@LeezaGibbons
    @dizzyfeet, I agree with you! @carrieunderwood has real STAR power and was engaging & charming in #SoundOfMusicLive . Bravo!

Johnathon Schaech @JohnSchaech
    @carrieunderwood you are a true blessing -- thank god for you. amazing - simply amazing.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Carrie Underwood Gives Gutsy Performance in The Sound of Music Live! http://buff.ly/1iFwSd8 This was great and honest review. Gave it a b+

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by smilesalot2day View Post
    Carrie Underwood Gives Gutsy Performance in The Sound of Music Live! http://buff.ly/1iFwSd8 This was great and honest review. Gave it a b+
    I like this comment:

Donna Hahn HatcherDecember 5, 2013 at 10:23 pm

We thought the show was really good! Our only problem was the music. The orchestra sounded as though they were right in front and almost drowned out a lot of the singing! We didn’t hear the white noise that a lot of people did.
    As for Carrie Underwood not having “chemistry” with the Baron, maybe she read Maria’s book. Maria stated that at first she only liked the Baron and married him because she loved the children and also was told that God wanted her to do that. She grew to love him very much but not at first.
    We enjoyed the production, especially Audra McDonald. I looked online to see who was playing that part for sure. Carrie Underwood isn’t the only one to have unreasonable hatred! I couldn’t believe some of the things being said about this beautiful singer!!
    I hope they are encouraged to do more live theater!

I haven't seen any videos yet... but a friend living in the US said she loved it and it was beautiful... she's not a fan of Carrie, a critique or a fan of SOM (but she saw the movie)... This shows that for a normal person, it was GREAT! Can't wait to see it...

I also think people are not only trying to compare Carrie to Julie, but to the Maria that Julie created... So maybe to others, Carrie's acting is not that good since it did not live up to how Julie portrayed Maria... but who knows? Maybe they intended for Carrie to act that way since they wanted to show a different Maria.. a shy and awkward one that is very similar to Carrie's personality just like Audra said ("she is kind of like Maria")... But well.. I really haven't seen it yet (poor international working fans)... But from people's reaction, I believe Carrie further solidified her status as a SUPERSTAR, EXCELLENT VOCALIST, and LEGEND-IN-THE-MAKING.. Happy for Carrie to be a part of TV History by leading the first Live TV Musical in 50 years!!! For something that is experimental, this is an AMAZING achievement... CONGRATS to all the CAST and CREW!!! can't wait to see this soon!!!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Me and my little one! I love me some Peyton!

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar

Carrie Follower
    Loved every minute!! Was totally worth staying up til 4am!!
    mbh, pklongbeach, gwade82 and 2 others like this.

wtf still no videos for international fans (NBC videos are not available fyi)

Huge Carrie Follower
    i feel so bad. we still havent seen anything............

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    delete

Carrie Follower
    And now my soundtrack has turned up from Amazon.

Concert Stars
    I haven't had a chance to comment but I have to say, I enjoyed every minute of the show! The vocals were amazing! Audra and Carrie, I think I could just listen to the two of them sing for the rest of my life and be happy... acting wise, I thought Carrie was really good.. a little uneven and yea, at times, she seemed like she was reading but what an improvement in that department.. there were several scenes that were brilliant.. I can't even imagine how hard it was to do 3 hours of live tv... and they alllllll pulled it off! WOW... I will be watching this over and over.. I am so very proud of Carrie... I am having a hard time with all the mean stuff people are saying but I think I'm just going to try to ignore it.. I may need help with that.. lol

Another positive tweet from Jimmy Carter!

@askjimmycarter: Waiting for the ratings.....Carrie was the amateur surrounded by Broadway pros..'
    She survived and should be proud! http://t.co/OOTWJQXSA7

@CharlieDebbie: @askjimmycarter Perhaps no so "extraordinary" after all... The Sound of Music Live!: TV Review - The Hollywood Reporter

@askjimmycarter: @CharlieDebbie you cane a hater all you like..I liked it..thats all that really matters! Hope the care bears have you for dinner)

Sorry for the consecutive posts lol. Found an interesting comment at Broadway.com message boards:

Damn....she can act when she sings.....just not when she talks. So frustrating, because it's "there"....just not tapped.

Agree or disagree?
    rainbow1 and HuiZ like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ agree, Carrie's acting in the scenes without music were a little stiff.But I also agree it's there - you could see it in the scene with the Capt. when she tells him about his children.She just needs more experience and some acting lessons to bring out her full potential.

•