View Poll Results: Favorite Paisleywood Monologue

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2008 CMA

    0 0%
  • 2009 CMA

    0 0%
  • 2010 CMA

    1 2.44%
  • 2011 CMA

    8 19.51%
  • 2012 CMA

    3 7.32%
  • 2013 CMA

    29 70.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Favorite Carrie and Brad CMA Monologue

  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars

    Favorite Carrie and Brad CMA Monologue

    What's your favorite CMA monologue from country's favorite duo, Paisleywood?


  • #2
    Insane Carrie Fan thunder92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    No where
    Posts
    4,891
    Concert Stars
    2013, 2012, and 2011 are top 3. I will say this year because I don't think Carrie has ever looked so comfortable up there compared to this year. Her confidence was spectacular

  • #3
    Hil
    Hil is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Hil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,171
    they're all sooo good. They're great hosts lol

  • #4
    Insane Carrie Fan The Nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    4,858
    Concert Stars
    I still think they've had their best monologues every other year: 2009, 2011, and now 2013, with the best being in the opposite order: 2013 was best, then 2011, and then 2009. So now, historically, I personally don't expect them to have as good as a monologue next year haha. Though, as I feel I've said about a lot of things regarding Carrie, I'd be happy to be wrong.

  • #5
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    2013, 2012, and 2011 are top 3. I will say this year because I don't think Carrie has ever looked so comfortable up there compared to this year. Her confidence was spectacular
    ITA but I had to vote for 2011 because I don't think anything can beat the Tim/Faith doll skit. I was crying from laughter and I think it was the year that people realized that Brad and Carrie were going to be hosting the CMAs for as long as they want to.
    Inspired and HuiZ like this.

  • #6
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    2011 is still my fave. The Faith/Tim Barbie skit still makes me crack up, and it was just perfectly delivered that year.



    I know I'm in the minority on this, but I didn't really enjoy the monologue last night - most of the jokes fell flat for me. I think I only laughed once or twice. I enjoyed some of their later jokes better - the ones that came later in the show after the opening monologue.
    Gus likes this.

  • #7
    Ultimate Carrie Fan HuiZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    6,431
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    ITA but I had to vote for 2011 because I don't think anything can beat the Tim/Faith doll skit. I was crying from laughter and I think it was the year that people realized that Brad and Carrie were going to be hosting the CMAs for as long as they want to.
    I agree. I love that Carrie has more funny lines this year and is the best she's ever been delivering those lines, but I think that Tim/Faith skit was absolutely perfect. I was laughing so much when I watched it that it hurt lol. Also, that white dress is still my favorite!

  • #8
    Insane Carrie Fan judes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,545
    Concert Stars
    All years were great - I love the songs they sing - they just have an unmatched spark together for hosting and making a show successful - I voted for this year - I especially love how relaxed and comfortable Carrie looked this year - and her looks were beyond amazing of course - Brad looked good also- they both sounded stellar - I loved the song Duck Line, I laughed at everything they did they were so on -
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #9
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Audra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,595
    Concert Stars
    oh most definitely this years monologue was the best now, 2011 still comes behind in a very close 2nd for sure and then last year's is 3rd.

  • #10
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Audra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,595
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    2011 is still my fave. The Faith/Tim Barbie skit still makes me crack up, and it was just perfectly delivered that year.



    I know I'm in the minority on this, but I didn't really enjoy the monologue last night - most of the jokes fell flat for me. I think I only laughed once or twice. I enjoyed some of their later jokes better - the ones that came later in the show after the opening monologue.
    just curious, why didn't you like this year's monologue?

  • #11
    Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Piney View,West Virginia
    Posts
    1,736
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    2013, 2012, and 2011 are top 3. I will say this year because I don't think Carrie has ever looked so comfortable up there compared to this year. Her confidence was spectacular
    Same Here!!!

  • #12
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Audra View Post
    just curious, why didn't you like this year's monologue?
    Three reasons: 1) I'm so over Miley/twerking jokes, I feel like it's way overdone at this point. 2) I have never seen Duck Dynasty and have no desire to ever watch it, so that part didn't work for me either. 3) I'm not American, so the Obamacare joke fell flat for me.

    I just wasn't crazy about the jokes this year. The delivery of them was great, it's just that the material didn't work for me.

  • #13
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,376
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    All years were great - I love the songs they sing - they just have an unmatched spark together for hosting and making a show successful - I voted for this year - I especially love how relaxed and comfortable Carrie looked this year - and her looks were beyond amazing of course - Brad looked good also- they both sounded stellar - I loved the song Duck Line, I laughed at everything they did they were so on -
    I have to agree with this year! Carrie just went for it....and Brad was very good too. I loved when she sang...no, no, no, no to Brad's rhyme!!
    Inspired likes this.

  • #14
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Three reasons: 1) I'm so over Miley/twerking jokes, I feel like it's way overdone at this point. 2) I have never seen Duck Dynasty and have no desire to ever watch it, so that part didn't work for me either. 3) I'm not American, so the Obamacare joke fell flat for me.

    I just wasn't crazy about the jokes this year. The delivery of them was great, it's just that the material didn't work for me.
    I know where you're coming from, being Canadian the Obamacare skit didn't have the same impact for us.

    I don't really know too much about Duck Dynasty but Brad, Carrie and the Duck Dynasty family were having so much fun up there that I enjoyed watching them. And when the Duck Dynasty guy bumped Carrie and she screamed, it was priceless. : )
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #15
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I know where you're coming from, being Canadian the Obamacare skit didn't have the same impact for us.

    I don't really know too much about Duck Dynasty but Brad, Carrie and the Duck Dynasty family were having so much fun up there that I enjoyed watching them. And when the Duck Dynasty guy bumped Carrie and she screamed, it was priceless. : )
    I definitely laughed at that part! The look on Carrie's face was priceless.

  • #16
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    The Obamacare joke was my favorite part. LOL. The delivery was priceless.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #17
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    The Obamacare joke was my favorite part. LOL. The delivery was priceless.
    I have to say, I was totally feeling Taylor on that one with her confused face. lol. I just didn't get that part. I mean, I get it, I just didn't find it particularly funny.

  • #18
    Carrie Guru Jade_kt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    21,348
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Three reasons: 1) I'm so over Miley/twerking jokes, I feel like it's way overdone at this point. 2) I have never seen Duck Dynasty and have no desire to ever watch it, so that part didn't work for me either. 3) I'm not American, so the Obamacare joke fell flat for me.I just wasn't crazy about the jokes this year. The delivery of them was great, it's just that the material didn't work for me.
    The Obamacare joke was hilarious if you have been to their website to apply for it as it's so confusing and complicated and there are so many instructions/rules, etc and the website isn't easy to navigate on. So unless you knew that you might not have gotten the joke but I have been on the website to see about applying for it for some of my clients and its so complicated and confusing to use that that joke was hilarious to me. I haven't actually filled out the application though but from just reading the rules on the website I can only imagine how long it takes to actually have to apply for it. Probably take days...lol.....especially if there was alot of people applying and the system was slow.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 11-08-2013 at 10:30 PM.

  • #19
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    The Obamacare joke was hilarious if you have been to their website to apply for it as it's so confusing and complicated and there are so many instructions/rules, etc and the website isn't easy to navigate on. So unless you knew that you might not have gotten the joke but I have been on the website to see about apply for it for some of my clients and its so complicated and takes too long to apply for it and to have to read through all the rules so that joke was hilarious to me.
    Yeah, that's why I say it fell flat for me since I'm Canadian, so obviously I wouldn't be applying for American health care. : )

    Clearly it was a hit with many American viewers. I'm actually quite surprised to see so many saying this year's monologue was their all-time fave since for me it is my all-time least fave, but I guess I just wasn't the right audience for this year's jokes.

  • #20
    Carrie Guru Jade_kt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    21,348
    Concert Stars
    ^^^Yeah so I understand how it wouldn't be funny to you but I was cracking up on that joke.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. What year was Brad and Carrie's BEST monologue? X)
      By Pitocco in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 11-01-2013, 06:39 PM
    2. Favorite Moments from Carrie and Brad’s Past Hosting of the CMAs
      By Schrodinger in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 09-11-2012, 02:27 PM
    3. Favorite Carrie Lyric EVER!
      By Wildflower in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 07-06-2012, 12:31 PM
    4. New Carrie Pic from Brad's Twitter.. Bad Bad Brad:)
      By huggablebri in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 10-13-2011, 08:03 PM
    5. Brad Paisley’s Country Music Knows No Limits (Brad talks about Carrie)
      By TOPDOG1001 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 06-16-2011, 10:28 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •