• 2013 CMA

29 70.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Favorite Carrie and Brad CMA Monologue

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Favorite Carrie and Brad CMA Monologue

What's your favorite CMA monologue from country's favorite duo, Paisleywood?

Concert Stars
    2013, 2012, and 2011 are top 3. I will say this year because I don't think Carrie has ever looked so comfortable up there compared to this year. Her confidence was spectacular

Hil
    they're all sooo good. They're great hosts lol

Concert Stars
    I still think they've had their best monologues every other year: 2009, 2011, and now 2013, with the best being in the opposite order: 2013 was best, then 2011, and then 2009. So now, historically, I personally don't expect them to have as good as a monologue next year haha. Though, as I feel I've said about a lot of things regarding Carrie, I'd be happy to be wrong.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    2013, 2012, and 2011 are top 3. I will say this year because I don't think Carrie has ever looked so comfortable up there compared to this year. Her confidence was spectacular
    ITA but I had to vote for 2011 because I don't think anything can beat the Tim/Faith doll skit. I was crying from laughter and I think it was the year that people realized that Brad and Carrie were going to be hosting the CMAs for as long as they want to.
    Inspired and HuiZ like this.

2011 is still my fave. The Faith/Tim Barbie skit still makes me crack up, and it was just perfectly delivered that year.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I didn't really enjoy the monologue last night - most of the jokes fell flat for me. I think I only laughed once or twice. I enjoyed some of their later jokes better - the ones that came later in the show after the opening monologue.
    Gus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    ITA but I had to vote for 2011 because I don't think anything can beat the Tim/Faith doll skit. I was crying from laughter and I think it was the year that people realized that Brad and Carrie were going to be hosting the CMAs for as long as they want to.
    I agree. I love that Carrie has more funny lines this year and is the best she's ever been delivering those lines, but I think that Tim/Faith skit was absolutely perfect. I was laughing so much when I watched it that it hurt lol. Also, that white dress is still my favorite!

Concert Stars
    All years were great - I love the songs they sing - they just have an unmatched spark together for hosting and making a show successful - I voted for this year - I especially love how relaxed and comfortable Carrie looked this year - and her looks were beyond amazing of course - Brad looked good also- they both sounded stellar - I loved the song Duck Line, I laughed at everything they did they were so on -
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    oh most definitely this years monologue was the best now, 2011 still comes behind in a very close 2nd for sure and then last year's is 3rd.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    2011 is still my fave. The Faith/Tim Barbie skit still makes me crack up, and it was just perfectly delivered that year.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I didn't really enjoy the monologue last night - most of the jokes fell flat for me. I think I only laughed once or twice. I enjoyed some of their later jokes better - the ones that came later in the show after the opening monologue.
    just curious, why didn't you like this year's monologue?

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    Same Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Audra View Post
    just curious, why didn't you like this year's monologue?
    Three reasons: 1) I'm so over Miley/twerking jokes, I feel like it's way overdone at this point. 2) I have never seen Duck Dynasty and have no desire to ever watch it, so that part didn't work for me either. 3) I'm not American, so the Obamacare joke fell flat for me.

I just wasn't crazy about the jokes this year. The delivery of them was great, it's just that the material didn't work for me.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    All years were great - I love the songs they sing - they just have an unmatched spark together for hosting and making a show successful - I voted for this year - I especially love how relaxed and comfortable Carrie looked this year - and her looks were beyond amazing of course - Brad looked good also- they both sounded stellar - I loved the song Duck Line, I laughed at everything they did they were so on -
    I have to agree with this year! Carrie just went for it....and Brad was very good too. I loved when she sang...no, no, no, no to Brad's rhyme!!
    Inspired likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Three reasons: 1) I'm so over Miley/twerking jokes, I feel like it's way overdone at this point. 2) I have never seen Duck Dynasty and have no desire to ever watch it, so that part didn't work for me either. 3) I'm not American, so the Obamacare joke fell flat for me.

I just wasn't crazy about the jokes this year. The delivery of them was great, it's just that the material didn't work for me.
    I know where you're coming from, being Canadian the Obamacare skit didn't have the same impact for us.

I don't really know too much about Duck Dynasty but Brad, Carrie and the Duck Dynasty family were having so much fun up there that I enjoyed watching them. And when the Duck Dynasty guy bumped Carrie and she screamed, it was priceless. : )
    rainbow1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I know where you're coming from, being Canadian the Obamacare skit didn't have the same impact for us.

I don't really know too much about Duck Dynasty but Brad, Carrie and the Duck Dynasty family were having so much fun up there that I enjoyed watching them. And when the Duck Dynasty guy bumped Carrie and she screamed, it was priceless. : )
    I definitely laughed at that part! The look on Carrie's face was priceless.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The Obamacare joke was my favorite part. LOL. The delivery was priceless.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    The Obamacare joke was my favorite part. LOL. The delivery was priceless.
    I have to say, I was totally feeling Taylor on that one with her confused face. lol. I just didn't get that part. I mean, I get it, I just didn't find it particularly funny.

Concert Stars
    Three reasons: 1) I'm so over Miley/twerking jokes, I feel like it's way overdone at this point. 2) I have never seen Duck Dynasty and have no desire to ever watch it, so that part didn't work for me either. 3) I'm not American, so the Obamacare joke fell flat for me.I just wasn't crazy about the jokes this year. The delivery of them was great, it's just that the material didn't work for me.
    The Obamacare joke was hilarious if you have been to their website to apply for it as it's so confusing and complicated and there are so many instructions/rules, etc and the website isn't easy to navigate on. So unless you knew that you might not have gotten the joke but I have been on the website to see about applying for it for some of my clients and its so complicated and confusing to use that that joke was hilarious to me. I haven't actually filled out the application though but from just reading the rules on the website I can only imagine how long it takes to actually have to apply for it. Probably take days...lol.....especially if there was alot of people applying and the system was slow.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 11-08-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    The Obamacare joke was hilarious if you have been to their website to apply for it as it's so confusing and complicated and there are so many instructions/rules, etc and the website isn't easy to navigate on. So unless you knew that you might not have gotten the joke but I have been on the website to see about apply for it for some of my clients and its so complicated and takes too long to apply for it and to have to read through all the rules so that joke was hilarious to me.
    Yeah, that's why I say it fell flat for me since I'm Canadian, so obviously I wouldn't be applying for American health care. : )

Clearly it was a hit with many American viewers. I'm actually quite surprised to see so many saying this year's monologue was their all-time fave since for me it is my all-time least fave, but I guess I just wasn't the right audience for this year's jokes.

Concert Stars
    ^^^Yeah so I understand how it wouldn't be funny to you but I was cracking up on that joke.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast