Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: CMT Artists of the Year 2013

Concert Stars

CMT Artists of the Year 2013

I wasn't sure where to put this since Carrie isn't one of them this year...

280x210.jpg

CMT will celebrate a remarkable year in country music by honoring Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, Hunter Hayes and Tim McGraw as 2013's country music artists of the year in the 90-minute special, CMT Artists of the Year.

For the first time, the special will be premiering live. It will air Dec. 3 at 8 p.m. ET. This year's five honorees will gather in Nashville alongside their peers and notable luminaries for an evening filled with rocking performances, surprise guests and cheers to the achievements of each artist.

Over the past 12 months, Aldean, a four-time honoree, along with Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, Hayes and McGraw, have illustrated their impact in country music through massive radio airplay, chart-topping album sales and millions of individual downloads of their current singles.

Additionally, these acts have sold out concert tours, and collectively their videos have received hundreds of millions of streams, earning them the honor of being named one of CMT's Artists of the Year.

Aldean has been recognized with the honor every year since the first ceremony in 2010. Bryan was one of seven recipients last year, marking his first time to be recognized. Florida Georgia Line, Hayes and McGraw have been named CMT Artists of the Year for the first time this year.

Along with Aldean and Bryan, country stars named as previous CMT Artists of the Year include Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood and the Zac Brown Band.
    Source
    jaylee50 likes this.

Carrie Follower somecountryblog's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    i see CMT is following along with this year's theme of "where in the world are the women of country?"
    Last edited by somecountryblog; 10-16-2013 at 05:02 PM.

No female artists? Really?

Concert Stars
    I really can't think of any women that has had a blockbuster year except for Carrie! I guess they could have done The Band Perry but I don't think of them having a blockbuster year either. Can anyone think of a woman (besides Taylor :-/) that has had a VERY good year?
    JB172 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    This is really outrageous if you ask me. Its really sad as well!!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I really can't think of any women that has had a blockbuster year except for Carrie! I guess they could have done The Band Perry but I don't think of them having a blockbuster year either. Can anyone think of a woman (besides Taylor :-/) that has had a VERY good year?

No! And, I don't expect that to change in the near future. I'm not a big fan of Taylor's music but if she is "country" in every respect at CMT why not AOTY? She had twice the year of a couple of those artists.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    They couldn't have included Carrie as Artist of the year b/c there is no way she could take part in the show. She's fully busy with the CMA's and the SOM. Otherwise, she should have been included.
    rainbow1 and CUFan7 like this.

Concert Stars
    I griped about this to Windmills on twitter! She thinks that Carrie would have definitely been included if she could have attended. I hope she was right!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Aside from maybe Hunter, this year's list of honorees pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with country music right now: no females and dudes that sing stupid songs.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I griped about this to Windmills on twitter! She thinks that Carrie would have definitely been included if she could have attended. I hope she was right!!
    I believe she would've been included as well BUT they still could've included her even though there was no way that she could attend. She could've done a taped piece while she was in Nashville for the CMAs.

IMO it just looks really, really bad for CMT.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I believe she would've been included as well BUT they still could've included her even though there was no way that she could attend. She could've done a taped piece while she was in Nashville for the CMAs.

IMO it just looks really, really bad for CMT.
    thats what I told windmills!The show is taped anyway so Carrie could have taped a piece in NY.
    and then they include HH, who just happens to be headlining the CMT fall tour.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    There is not one single reason to watch this show! I like HH but there is no way that I would watch the show just to see 10 minutes of his recognition. I only taped Carrie's portion of the show last year and on my DVR it says that her part was only 7 minutes.
    DaisyTweets, rainbow1 and Inspired like this.

Junior Carrie Follower jonas_underwood_fan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Well. I won't watch the show. No females singers at all. Sad CMT.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I'm with you, Liz. I know I won't be watching. In fact, I hardly watch CMT at all anymore. I might tune in on Saturdays to catch Carrie's position on their top 20 but that's about it now. This channel has become less and less about country music. And I really don't like the new format for the top 20 show.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    thats what I told windmills!The show is taped anyway so Carrie could have taped a piece in NY.
    and then they include HH, who just happens to be headlining the CMT fall tour.
    The article says the premiere on Dec 3 will be live not taped.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Since county music is so messed up right now and they are honoring only men CMT might as well have honored Mike lol

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Carrie couldn't go anyway of she was a honoree because she is busy busy with the Sound of music.

They tape this before its airs in December.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countryfan2006 View Post
    Carrie couldn't go anyway of she was a honoree because she is busy busy with the Sound of music.

They tape this before its airs in December.
    This year, for the first time, it will be live. Red Carpet should be fun -- NOT!!!!
    rainbow1 and maddkat like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I'm inclined to believe that theory (especially if the show is going out live).

CMT have nothing really to do with Music Row, the CMA or the Country Music industry (with whatever preconceptions about artists some of those might have). They're a Viacom channel, a sister channel to MTV and VH1. Carrie has a big ratings potential, and I think they'd have wanted to include her if she'd been available

Carrie should be on this list. I know she has the som but the air date for the som was revealed months ago. It isn't like they couldn't do the special the week after or the weekend of that week. #justmyopinion

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast