Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Grammy Submissions for 2014 Grammys (Partial Leaked List) :)

Concert Stars

Grammy Submissions for 2014 Grammys (Partial Leaked List) :)

It is that time of year again: Leaked Grammy Submissions list time! haha There is a voting member on Gold Derby Forums that is kind enough to tell us Carrie's submissions every year. They used to leak the whole list but not anymore.

Anyway-- so far- this is what we got:

Country Solo Performance: Two Black Cadillacs & See You Again both submitted (confirmed)

Country Song: Assuming both TBC & SYA submitted

Video- Short Form: Either SYA or TBC or both-- not confirmed yet

Video- Long Form-- DVD submitted

Edit: this is a partial list from Pulse--- only has a few of Carrie's submissions but confirms what Gold Derby said:

Adele-
    Record/Song All Genre--- "unclear - trying to get final confirmation on which she submitted hereAdele
    • Record of the Year: "Skyfall"
    • Song of the Year: "Skyfall"
    • Best Song Written for Visual Media: "Skyfall"

Alisson Krauss
    • Best Pop Solo Vocal Performance: "Help Me"

Brad Paisley
    • Best Country Performance by a Duo/Group: "Accidental Racist" (with LL Cool J)

Brandy
    • Best Urban Contemporary Album: Two Eleven

Britney Spears
    • Best Pop Solo Vocal Performance: "Work *****"

Bruno Mars
    • Album of the Year: Unorthodox Jukebox
    • Record of the Year: "Locked Out of Heaven"
    • Best Pop Album: Unorthodox Jukebox
    • Best Pop Performance by a Duo/Group: "Old & Crazy" (with Esperanza Spalding)
    • Best Solo Pop Vocal Performance: "When I Was Your Man"
    • Best Traditional R&B Performance: "If I Knew"
    • Best R&B Song: "If I Knew"

Calvin Harris
    • Best Dance Recording: "Sweet Nothing" (featuring Florence Welsh)
    • Best Dance/Electronic Album: 18 Months

Carrie Underwood
    • Best Country Solo Performance: "Two Black Caddillacs"
    • Best Country Solo Performance: "See You Again"

Christina Aguilera
    • Album of the Year: Lotus
    • Best Pop Solo Vocal Performance: "Let There Be Love"
    • Best Pop Album: Lotus
    • Best Pop Performance by a Duo/Group: "Just a Fool" (with Blake Shelton)

Ciara
    • Best Urban Contemporary Album: Ciara

Daft Punk
    • Best Pop Performance by a Duo/Group: "Get Lucky" (with Pharrell Williams)
    • Best Dance/Electronic Album: Random Access Memories

David Bowie
    • Best Rock Performance: "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)"
    • Best Rock Song: "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)"
    • Best Rock Album: The Next Day
    • Song of the Year: "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)"
    • Record of the Year: "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)"
    • Album of the Year: The Next Day

Emeli Sandé
    • Best Pop Vocal Album: Live at Royal Albert Hall
    • Album of the Year: Live at Royal Albert Hall
    • Best New Artist

Fantasia
    • Best Urban Contemporary Album: Side Effects of You
    • Best R&B Song: "Without Me" (with Kelly Rowland & Missy Elliott)
    • Best R&B Performance: "Without Me" (with Kelly Rowland & Missy Elliott)
    • Best Traditional R&B Performance: "Get It Right"

Imagine Dragons
    • Best New Artist
    • Best Rock Performance: "Radioactive"
    • Record of the Year: "Radioactive"
    • Song of the Year: "Radioactive"

India.Arie
    • Best R&B Album: Songversation
    • Best R&B Performance: "Cocoa Butter"

J. Cole
    • Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: "Power Trip" (with Miguel)

Janelle Monáe
    • Best Urban Contemporary Album: The Electric Lady

Justin Timberlake
    • Album of The Year: The 20/20 Experience (Full Experience)
    • Song of The Year: Mirrors
    • Record of The Year: Mirrors
    • Best Music Video: Mirrors
    • Best Pop Vocal Album: The 20/20 Experience (Or maybe R&B?)
    • Best Pop Solo Performance: Mirrors
    • Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: Suit & Tie (feat. JAY Z)
    • Best Traditional R&B Performance: Pusher Love Girl

Kacey Musgraves
    • Best New Artist
    • Best Country Song: "Merry Go Round"
    • Best Country Solo Vocal Performance: "Merry Go Round"
    • Best Short Form Music Video: "Merry Go Round"
    • Song of the Year: "Merry Go Round"
    • Song of the Year: "Mama's Broken Heart" (Miranda Lambert)
    • Best Country Album: Same Trailer, Different Park
    • Album of the Year: Same Trailer, Different Park

Kanye West
    • Best Rap Solo Performance: "New Slaves"
    • Best Rap Song: "New Slaves"
    • Best Rap Album: Yeezus
    • Album of the Year: Yeezus

Katy Perry
    • Record of the Year: "Roar"
    • Song of the Year: "Roar"
    • Best Solo Pop Vocal Performance: "Roar"

Kelly Clarkson
    • Record of the Year: "Catch My Breath"
    • Song of the Year: "Catch My Breath"
    • Best Pop Solo Vocal Performance: "Catch My Breath"
    • Best Country Performance by a Duo/Group: "Don't Rush" (with Vince Gill)

Kelly Rowland
    • Best Urban Contemporary Album: Talk a Good Game

Kendrick Lamar
    • Record of the Year: "Swimming Pools"
    • Song of the Year: "Swimming Pools"
    • Best New Artist
    • Best Rap Performance: "Swimming Pools"
    • Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: "Now or Never"
    • Best Rap Album: Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City

Lady Gaga
    • Record of the Year: "Applause"
    • Song of the Year: "Applause"
    • Best Short Form Video: "Applause"

Lana Del Ray
    • Best Pop Solo Vocal Performance: "Young and Beautiful"

LeAnn Rimes
    • Best Country Album: Spitfire
    • Best Country Solo Vocal Performance: "What Have I Done"
    • Best Country Song: "What Have I Done"

LL Cool J
    • Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: "Live for You" (with Brad Paisley)

Lorde
    • Best New Artist
    • Record of the Year: "Royals"
    • Song of the Year: "Royals"
    • Album of the Year: Pure Heroine
    • Best Pop Solo Vocal Performance: "Royals"
    • Best Pop Vocal Album: Pure Heroine

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    • Best New Artist
    • Record of the Year: "Thrift Shop"
    • Song of the Year: "Same Love"
    • Album of the Year: The Heist
    • Best Pop Performance by a Duo/Group: "Can't Hold Us" (with Ray Dalton)
    • Best Rap Performance: "Thrift Shop"
    • Best Rap Song: "Thrift Shop"
    • Best Rap Album: The Heist

Macy Gray
    • Best Urban Contemporary Album: Talking Book

Miguel
    • Best R&B Performance: "How Many Drinks"

Miley Cyrus
    • Record of the Year: "Wrecking Ball"
    • Song of the Year: "Wrecking Ball"
    • Best Pop Solo Vocal Performance: "Wrecking Ball"

Miranda Lambert
    • Best Country Song: "Mama's Broken Heart"
    • Song of the Year: "Mama's Broken Heart"

Ne-Yo
    • Best Urban Contemporary Album: R.E.D.

Phillip Phillips
    • Best New Artist
    • Album of the Year: The World from the Side of the Moon
    • Best Pop Solo Vocal Performance: "Gone, Gone, Gone"
    • Best Pop Album: The World from the Side of the Moon

Pink
    • Best Pop Solo Vocal Performance: "Try"
    • Best Pop Performance by a Duo/Group: "Just Give Me a Reason" (with Nate Ruess)
    • Record of the Year: "Just Give Me a Reason" (with Nate Ruess)
    • Song of the Year: "Just Give Me a Reason" (with Nate Ruess)

Rihanna
    • Best Urban Contemporary Album: Unapologetic
    • Best Pop Performance by a Duo/Group: "Stay" (with Mikky Ekko)
    • Best R&B Performance: "Pour It Up"

Robin Thicke
    • Best Pop Vocal Album: Blurred Lines
    • Best Pop Performance by Duo/Group: "Blurred Lines" (with Pharrell & T.I.)
    • Best R&B Performance: "4 the Rest of My Life"
    • Best R&B Song: "4 the Rest of My Life"

Tamar Braxton
    • Best Urban Contemporary Album: Love and War
    • Best New Artist

Taylor Swift
    • Best Country Album: Red
    • Best Country Solo Vocal Performance: "Begin Again"
    • Best Country Song: "Begin Again"
    • Best Solo Pop Vocal Performance: "I Knew You Were Trouble"
    • Best Pop Performance by a Duo/Group" "Everything Has Changed" (with Ed Sheeran)
    • Record of the Year: "I Knew You Were Trouble"
    • Song of the Year: "I Knew You Were Trouble"

Tim McGraw
    • Best Country Performance by a Duo/Group: "Highway Don't Care" (with Taylor Swift)
    • Best Country Song: "Highway Don't Care" (with Taylor Swift)

Trace Adkins
    • Best Country Album: Love Will...

The Weeknd
    • Best Urban Contemporary Album: Kiss Land

I'm just happy that Carrie always seems to have material to submit year in, year out. Carrie and her team are very consistent.

Concert Stars
    Edit- I just added a partial list from Pulse music boards. They only have a few of Carrie's, but I think it is safe to assume she submitted both SYA and TBC for both Country Song and Country Solo performance. What is unclear is what she submitted for Record/Song all genre, and which video for Short Form Video. Hope she went with TBC for video even though SYA is great too. But TBC was a masterpiece.

Concert Stars
    Always love seeing her name there!!
    Inspired likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    I think SYA has a better chance of winning than TBC.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    Thanks Tee. I love both TBC and See You Again

Concert Stars
    ^TBC is much more artistic and critically acclaimed then SYA. i love both- but to me- TBC would more likely appeal to Grammy voters.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^TBC is much more artistic and critically acclaimed then SYA. i love both- but to me- TBC would more likely appeal to Grammy voters.
    Depends on the category. For video, SYA would be the best bet. Its one of those videos that voters seem to love.

Song I would go with TBC
    Carrieroxmysox2011 and Hil like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Although I would personally root for TBC, I actually think there are several reasons SYA could pull out a nomination/win just as easily.

1. Grammy voters have rewarded Carrie in the past for songs that have gone largely unrecognized by Nashville awards voters, or those outside her core fanbase (MS, TH).
    So, I don't think it would be completely uncharacteristic for them to reward a song that doesn't have as much support behind it, because Grammy voters don't always go with the popular choice.
    2. Grammy voters seem to overwhelmingly favor her softer ballads/vocals, and SYA does fit in this category, in terms of vocal performance. It's also got a pop appeal, which could appeal to many voters who are on the fence about Carrie.
    3. There's really no way of knowing how the voters will choose the winner. Everyone thought Carrie was the CLEAR winner for a Grammy with JAD, and yet she lost that year and managed to pull off 3 wins with MS, TH, and ITYS, which are 3 songs many fans thought stood no chance, against the previous singles.
    4. Voters have rewarded Carrie for traditional country (ITYS), massive hits (BHC, JTTW), and songs that were not as well-received (MS), so I don't think there's a reason to count anything out when it comes to Grammy voters.

They seem to love/appreciate a broad range of styles when it comes to Carrie's vocal performances, and they've rewarded her for songs that have meant a great deal to her, but have not gotten recognition otherwise. It's pretty amazing she has been recognized with such a diverse group of nominations, and I think that in itself shows the amount of respect/reverence she has had with Grammy's voters since the begging of her career. These voters are not people looking at stats or popularity, but rather voting on who they feel is most deserving. They don't go for the same style because of politics, and, again, I think it speaks volumes Carrie has been nominated for (and won) a Grammy ever year since 2005.

She had a stigma coming off Idol, and yet Grammy's voters were willing to recognize her from the begging. Considering that the award love has basically died off from within country music, it's incredible to think the Grammy's, the pinnacle of music, have never stopped supporting Carrie, despite the stylistic changes and different artists that have come and gone. She seems to have a great relationship with the Grammy community, too, because she's nominated, and has been one of the only country artists consistently asked to perform for the telecast.

Carrie has been extremely fortunate to have been invited to perform and have so many nominations/wins when it comes to the Grammy's. I think it shows they have the utmost respect for her, and she has a great relationship with them. She's performed numerous tributes, which also shows voters put her at the top of the pack when they choose to honor somebody. Carrie has been lucky to have been recognized for a wide array of songs, and the fact that she performs (to me), just shows how consistent she is as an artist and ratings draw.

She's got the best of both worlds; the producers consistently nominate her and ask her to perform, and she receives recognition for material that means a lot to her, whereas she might not otherwise.

The CMA/ACM voters should take notes; the Grammy voters appear to know what a gem Carrie is, on every level. How ironic she's been recognized by the pinnacle of music awards shows for EIGHT years, but her own peers won't even bother to give her a CMA nomination for ETOY or album.

Carrie winning 6 Grammy's in 8 years is basically the ultimate kiss-off to those voters who don't recognize her otherwise. Not only can she win without them, she can consistently win the most important genre award in the game.

You go, girl.
    Last edited by Carrieflattsfan; 10-16-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Edit- I just added a partial list from Pulse music boards. They only have a few of Carrie's, but I think it is safe to assume she submitted both SYA and TBC for both Country Song and Country Solo performance. What is unclear is what she submitted for Record/Song all genre, and which video for Short Form Video. Hope she went with TBC for video even though SYA is great too. But TBC was a masterpiece.
    I don't think they submitted anything for the all-genre categories. Neither 2BC or SYA are as big as BA, which wasn't even the clear winner in its two country categories last year and I don't know that it was submitted for the all-genre categories. I like SYA more than 2BC, but I feel like the latter has a better chance of being nominated.

That being said I think it's interesting that Miranda/Kacey's team are submitting Mama's Broken Heart and Merry Go Round to the overall Song of the Year category, both of which did nothing outside of country. Though it'll be interesting to see how much of Kacey's critical acclaim will translate into Grammy noms, since it's clearly working for her in the country award shows. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Merry Go Round actually gets an overall Song of the Year nomination.

Concert Stars
    ^they always submit for record/song of the year. Might as well.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Although I would personally root for TBC, I actually think there are several reasons SYA could pull out a nomination/win just as easily.

1. Grammy voters have rewarded Carrie in the past for songs that have gone largely unrecognized by Nashville awards voters, or those outside her core fanbase (MS, TH).
    So, I don't think it would be completely uncharacteristic for them to reward a song that doesn't have as much support behind it, because Grammy voters don't always go with the popular choice.
    2. Grammy voters seem to overwhelmingly favor her softer ballads/vocals, and SYA does fit in this category, in terms of vocal performance. It's also got a pop appeal, which could appeal to many voters who are on the fence about Carrie.
    3. There's really no way of knowing how the voters will choose the winner. Everyone thought Carrie was the CLEAR winner for a Grammy with JAD, and yet she lost that year and managed to pull off 3 wins with MS, TH, and ITYS, which are 3 songs many fans thought stood no chance, against the previous singles.
    4. Voters have rewarded Carrie for traditional country (ITYS), massive hits (BHC, JTTW), and songs that were not as well-received (MS), so I don't think there's a reason to count anything out when it comes to Grammy voters.

They seem to love/appreciate a broad range of styles when it comes to Carrie's vocal performances, and they've rewarded her for songs that have meant a great deal to her, but have not gotten recognition otherwise. It's pretty amazing she has been recognized with such a diverse group of nominations, and I think that in itself shows the amount of respect/reverence she has had with Grammy's voters since the begging of her career. These voters are not people looking at stats or popularity, but rather voting on who they feel is most deserving. They don't go for the same style because of politics, and, again, I think it speaks volumes Carrie has been nominated for (and won) a Grammy ever year since 2005.

She had a stigma coming off Idol, and yet Grammy's voters were willing to recognize her from the begging. Considering that the award love has basically died off from within country music, it's incredible to think the Grammy's, the pinnacle of music, have never stopped supporting Carrie, despite the stylistic changes and different artists that have come and gone. She seems to have a great relationship with the Grammy community, too, because she's nominated, and has been one of the only country artists consistently asked to perform for the telecast.

Carrie has been extremely fortunate to have been invited to perform and have so many nominations/wins when it comes to the Grammy's. I think it shows they have the utmost respect for her, and she has a great relationship with them. She's performed numerous tributes, which also shows voters put her at the top of the pack when they choose to honor somebody. Carrie has been lucky to have been recognized for a wide array of songs, and the fact that she performs (to me), just shows how consistent she is as an artist and ratings draw.

She's got the best of both worlds; the producers consistently nominate her and ask her to perform, and she receives recognition for material that means a lot to her, whereas she might not otherwise.

The CMA/ACM voters should take notes; the Grammy voters appear to know what a gem Carrie is, on every level. How ironic she's been recognized by the pinnacle of music awards shows for EIGHT years, but her own peers won't even bother to give her a CMA nomination for ETOY or album.

Carrie winning 8 Grammy's in 8 years is basically the ultimate kiss-off to those voters who don't recognize her otherwise. Not only can she win without them, she can consistently win the most important genre award in the game.

You go, girl.
    Amen, Sister!! Love this!!
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Ty
    TBC is probably her most critically acclaimed single of all time. Grammy voters will get behind that one. It'll be tough to beat "Merry Go Round" though.

Concert Stars

Carrie winning 8 Grammy's in 8 years is basically the ultimate kiss-off to those voters who don't recognize her otherwise. Not only can she win without them, she can consistently win the most important genre award in the game.

You go, girl.
    GREAT post Karly! but Carrie has 6 Grammys not 8 X) i think youre taking into consideration the Best Country Song wins which are not awarded to her

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    What in the difference between Urban Contemporary and R&B/Soul?

Concert Stars

You go, girl.

the highlighted part...??
    Carrie won for JTTW , BHC ,LN and BA.She never won a Grammy for TH or MS.

Grammy does love her and with the sheer overall awfulness of country radio over the last year she's a highlight and I wouldn't be surprised to see her nominated again for country solo performance....for TBC.:-)
    rainbow1 and DaisyTweets like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

You go, girl.
    Great Post!!

It's important (and wonderful) to remember that Grammy voters vote with a much broader ear toward what they consider "the best".
    Though they are frought with politics as well, the voting pool is deeper and more diverse and it is harder to get them to vote along "label lines" or "marketing lines" or "career lines".

Ironically, it is also harder to get them to vote "within a genre" very well either. And I actually think this has helped both Taylor and Carrie quite a bit.
    It seems if the submission are in "country" the voters have no problem classifying it as such and judging it as such. And in the end you seem to end up with what the voters thought was best among the group.

Much much different that what is going on today in Nashville!
    DaisyTweets likes this.

Wow - two Brandy Clark songs that they think have a chance for overall Song of the Year, not just Country Song. That's ambitious, but I think she's been behind a significant part of the recent interesting developments on Mainstream radio. (I really hope Carrie writes some songs with her for her next Album!)
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Its like a school district voting for what is the best school. Lots of politics and handshaking and insider-intentional voting can lead to the school that the district "wants to win" (for whatever reason) winning.

But then if the vote went statewide, it would be almost impossible to assume or believe that same school would actually win.

Much different results would occure simply based on the diversity of the voting pool. And it is likely that the "most deserving" school would end up winning as opposed to the school the original district "wanted to win".

Nashville is small enough still to manufacture this entire image it has. It always has.
    But the Grammys, representing the entire music industry, is harder to predict and to "manipulate" if you are Nashville looking to promote a specific product.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Follower somecountryblog's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    2 observations -
    very happy to see LeAnn submitting nominations. wouldn't mind if she won an award or two
    very annoyed (although i shouldn't be surprised) that Swift is submitting herself for Pop awards.

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast