Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By steven77571
  • 1 Post By adam1995
  • 1 Post By mtreasmith
  • 1 Post By steven77571

Thread: If Carrie wins the Artist of the Decade in 2019....

Junior Carrie Follower steven77571's Avatar

If Carrie wins the Artist of the Decade in 2019....

If Carrie wins the ACM Artist of the Decade award in 2019, (and I hope she does), we'll probably be seeing an all-star tribute concert featuring the likes of... Shania Twain (Cowboy Casanova), Martina McBride (Temporary Home), Brad Paisley (All American Girl), Miranda Lambert (Last Name), Daniele Bradberry (Wasted), Lauren Alaina (Before He Cheats), Garth Brooks and Kelly Clarkson (Remind Me), The Band Perry (Undo It), Rascal Flatts (Jesus Take The Wheel), Jennifer Nettles (Two Black Cadillacs), Kellie Pickler (So Small) and Carrie herself singing Good Girl and DFTRM. Plus a special appearance by Reba who would give her the award, filling in for the retired George Strait, who won it in 2009.

I tried to link the artists with a Carrie song that fits their style (e.g. Shania performing Cowboy Casanova, Lambert singing LN, and, yes, I can picture Brad singing AGG, even though it doesn't have a killer guitar solo).

Insane Carrie Fan
    Wow, you've put a lot of thought into this. I hope your right.
    mtreasmith likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by steven77571 View Post
    If Carrie wins the ACM Artist of the Decade award in 2019, (and I hope she does), we'll probably be seeing an all-star tribute concert featuring the likes of... Shania Twain (Cowboy Casanova), Martina McBride (Temporary Home), Brad Paisley (All American Girl), Miranda Lambert (Last Name), Daniele Bradberry (Wasted), Lauren Alaina (Before He Cheats), Garth Brooks and Kelly Clarkson (Remind Me), The Band Perry (Undo It), Rascal Flatts (Jesus Take The Wheel), Jennifer Nettles (Two Black Cadillacs), Kellie Pickler (So Small) and Carrie herself singing Good Girl and DFTRM. Plus a special appearance by Reba who would give her the award, filling in for the retired George Strait, who won it in 2009.
    Great thread and well thought out!

Maybe Vince Gill (JTTW) and Rascal Flatts (Flat on the Floor)

We already heard Vince sing JTTW on the ACM Superstar Girls Night Out TV show, so this time I gave it to RF.

Concert Stars
    I'd love for her to win it... but I think we have to be realistic and also include names like; Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, Blake Shelton, etc...

Right now, if I had to select five nominees for artist of the decade, they'd be (based on success from 2010-now): Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton, Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood, and Luke Bryan. There are many years left to go and A LOT can change, but I don't think Carrie is a shoe-in. I know no one said she was, but the implication is there, I'm sure. Now if Carrie has a "Some Hearts" like era sometime this decade, then I'd say she'd likely get it. Right now, however, if I had to chose a winner, it'd be Taylor... unfortunately.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    well if any of the CMA voters have a say in this... it most definitely wouldn't be carrie. *frown face*
    Hil likes this.

it's the ACMs who do the artist of the decade award. In the 1960s the award went to Marty Robbins, Loretta Lynn in the 1970s, Alabama in the 1980s, Garth Brooks in the 1990s and George Strait got it in 2009. I think it would be cool if she won it b/c she would be the first woman since Lynn received it.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

•