Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Mentioned on HLN News

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Mentioned on HLN News

Jane Mitchell was on a tear tonight about Miley Cyrus's recent sexual exploitation in order to sell albums. She had a panel and an entire section on it. She said the wonderful musicians/vocalists like Carrie Underwood and Beyonce should talk to Miley and straighten her out. One of the women on the panel a few minutes later also said Carrie Underwood can carry off "SEXY" without exposing one iota of her body and sell albums to beat the band. Why did Miley find it necessary to expose herself in order to sell albums. I think all in all Carrie's name was mentioned on the air about 3 or 4 times. Each time it was to talk about what an excellent role model she is!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Jane Mitchell was on a tear tonight about Miley Cyrus's recent sexual exploitation in order to sell albums. She had a panel and an entire section on it. She said the wonderful musicians/vocalists like Carrie Underwood and Beyonce should talk to Miley and straighten her out. One of the women on the panel a few minutes later also said Carrie Underwood can carry off "SEXY" without exposing one iota of her body and sell albums to beat the band. Why did Miley find it necessary to expose herself in order to sell albums. I think all in all Carrie's name was mentioned on the air about 3 or 4 times. Each time it was to talk about what an excellent role model she is!
    That is why I am a Carrie Underwood fan !

Concert Stars
    May I ask, who is Jane Mitchell? Thank you for telling us!
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Concert Stars
    Jane Velez-Mitchell has a current events commentary show on the HLN channel.
    Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Video link?

Carrie is good example on classy sexy.
    DizzyDollyDee and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie Follower
    Carrie she relly did a good job without selling sexy like Miley.
    DizzyDollyDee and bluetb4 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so random and great- a lot of artists should look to Carrie for advice.
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Carrie Guru
    Carrie Underwood knows who she is as an artist and as an individual. Miley Cyrus is still looking for her identity as an artist and as an individual.

Concert Stars
    Nice! Tx for sharing!! Agree completely! What i hate the most about all the miley crap is that she is loving every minute of this! She thinks this attention is great! She is lost, sadly.

Sinead Oconnpr told her off yesterday and miley replied back like a little brat. She has really gone over the deep end. And she lost a good man because of it.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Nice! Tx for sharing!! Agree completely! What i hate the most about all the miley crap is that she is loving every minute of this! She thinks this attention is great! She is lost, sadly.

Sinead Oconnpr told her off yesterday and miley replied back like a little brat. She has really gone over the deep end. And she lost a good man because of it.
    When she was 13 or 14, Miley knew who she was: she was the daughter of Billy Ray and a child star in Hannah Montana-- for better or worse, her father guided her. But now,she is growing up to be a woman and Billy Ray (her father and her "father figure") is gone from her life-- therefore, she is LOST.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Omg, miley is no longer the same as when she was 13 or 14. Golly, call 911. This is the first time someone was diff when they turned into an adult...
    Becca

Concert Stars
    I don't have a link and I've searched here and there to see if maybe they cap the show but can't find it. I know that Jane Mitchell's show is directly before Nancy Grace's show on HLN every day. Hopefully, a you tube video shows up!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars

It's helping to get her name on internet every single day, selling her albums and making her more money. She could care less about being classy or having Carrie's type of reputation! She has no one in her family who would help her think any differently - Carrie has an awesome support in her friends and family - even before Mike.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan

Miley's behavior toward Sinead Oconnor was reprehensible. Retweeting and mocking what was an obvious cry for help from someone in crisis from several years a go is beyond the pale. One could argue that all Miley's raunchy antics are just her free expression. Mocking someone's battle with mental illness is disgusting. Bringing Amanda Bynes into it, when she had nothing to do with the situation, makes it even worse. My daughter actually owns a Miley record. It is now going in the trash and none of her products will ever enter my house again.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    It's helping to get her name on internet every single day, selling her albums and making her more money. She could care less about being classy or having Carrie's type of reputation! She has no one in her family who would help her think any differently - Carrie has an awesome support in her friends and family - even before Mike.
    Correct about getting her name out there. 189,000,000 plus/minus views on "Wrecking Ball" video, which is disgusting to say the least. Agree about Carrie -- grew up in a totally different environment (not Hannah Montana) and still has the same strong, wonderful family support.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Correct about getting her name out there. 189,000,000 plus/minus views on "Wrecking Ball" video, which is disgusting to say the least. Agree about Carrie -- grew up in a totally different environment (not Hannah Montana) and still has the same strong, wonderful family support.
    This is the key.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    When she was 13 or 14, Miley knew who she was: she was the daughter of Billy Ray and a child star in Hannah Montana-- for better or worse, her father guided her. But now,she is growing up to be a woman and Billy Ray (her father and her "father figure") is gone from her life-- therefore, she is LOST.
    but...has Billy Ray guided her on the right path?

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post
    but...has Billy Ray guided her on the right path?
    The right path is "relative": one cannot say what is the right path for me is the right path for you, that's why I said "for better or worse".
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower JenuineC's Avatar
    One of the many reasons, aside from her beautiful voice, that made me a fan of hers for life. I bet many of us do not just love her as a singer, but as a person, an artist, a role model. Did anyone tape it down, though? Would love to hear it!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast