• 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By gocountrymusic
  • 1 Post By allamericangirl8
  • 1 Post By Inspired

Thread: Songs that should not be rerecorded

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Songs that should not be rerecorded

There are songs from every artist that set their careers on the move, touched us deeply or were a passing fad. I would like to know what songs you consider should never be rerecorded and released by another artist.

I will start it off with selecting the following Carrie song; Just a Dream. This song showcased her vocal power/range and lets not forget that iconic CMA performance.

^And not to mention that I consider that song her most underrated single ever.
    Inspired and gocountrymusic like this.

Concert Stars
    Never to be rerecorded?? Boy that one is tough.

DFTRM is probably a signature sound and lyric and artist that could not be recaptured or reinvented. People should leave that alone.

IKYW is probably never going to be able to be sung with the same combination of "Strength / lung power / tonality / passion / combined with the softest tones of defeat and loneliness in the verses.".
    I can honestly say, many will try, but no one will be able to replicate that recording. Few would have the physical ability.

Concert Stars
    Carrie herself will reach a point where she will have only the recording to remember how powerful a singer she really was.
    Inspired likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Carrie herself will reach a point where she will have only the recording to remember how powerful a singer she really was.
    True that.
    I hope the TSOM vocal training will add many years to her career.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    I know.
    She said she would never get vocal training, but now she has to for the show. Ha ha ha, I am so glad.

Never say never Carrie.

Training in using an instrument as amazing as Carries should never ever be considered a bad thing.

In fact, it is tremedously important if she intends to continue at the volume she does.
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

I Know You Wont!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Interesting thread. I think the two big Carrie songs that should never be rerecorded were already mentioned. I don't thing anyone should rerecord any of Bruce Springsteen's song but especially Land Of Hope and Dreams. There are so many songs that I identify with certain artists I might come back to this thread later.
    Inspired likes this.

Concert Stars
    As I said in the other thread, I know that it is a great thing that singers are covering Carrie's songs but I don't think I have ever been gaga over a cover of Carrie's songs. Somehow she makes the songs hers (phrasing, tone, power or softness). I have heard a few singers try to copy her but they always fall a little short.
    I know that there are lots of songs that I think shouldn't be rerecorded but will have to come back with them

Concert Stars
    I misread the title and I ran in here to write, "Definitely Cruise, Boys 'Round Here, Red Solo Cup, and anything recorded by Luke Bryan or Jason Aldean." x)
    hjj likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie: Blown Away, TBC, So Small, BHC

Huge Carrie Follower
    You guys do realize the more artists recording Carrie songs, the more music fans rediscover how great Carrie as a singer & songwriter. For example, thanks to Whitney cover of “I will Always Love you”, the music world had discovered it was written by Dolly Parton, a country singer-songwriter. And the song since then has become a timeless classic. Would non country fans know who is Randy Travis if not for Carrie cover “ITYS” & they performed it at AI.

Personally, I want her every popular song recorded by future young artists so that they can introduce them to new generations in any genre. That is the best way to preserve Carrie legacy as an artist. Just like her idol, Dolly.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    I misread the title and I ran in here to write, "Definitely Cruise, Boys 'Round Here, Red Solo Cup, and anything recorded by Luke Bryan or Jason Aldean." x)
    LOL now that was funny!

I am adding in John Mellencamp's Jack & Diane. For me this song defined his image and it became one of the many snapshots in my own life's book of memories. I can still put on his songs and for a moment travel back in time.
    allamericangirl8 likes this.

•