• 3 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By thunder92
  • 1 Post By rainbow1
  • 2 Post By simonplay
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach

Thread: CMA Nominees Twangout Live Chat

Concert Stars

CMA Nominees Twangout Live Chat

I started a new thread for this simply because I did not want it to get lost in the shuffle with the CMA thread.
    It was a 45 minute chat and I just wanted to share a few points from them.

Entertainer of the Year
    • Most thought that it was George Straits to lose, Luke Bryan is a close second. They mentioned Carrie saying that her BA tour was huge and that she is the "cats meow"

Female Vocalist of the Year
    • Everyone thought that Carrie deserved it and predicted her to win. One did mention ML and KM as possibilities, but Carrie was the most prominent in the discussion

Male Vocalist of the Year
    • Lots of different reactions here. Conclusion came down to Luke or Blake. Upset that Brad did not get a spot even though he did not do too much.

Album of the Year
    • Surprisingly here, the majority was all for BA winning. I smiled like a school girl lmao. Red was mentioned because of sales but nothing more than that. STDP also got a mention, but they didn't think its sales were on par. Tornado got a bunch of love too

Song of the Year
    • Up in the air on this one.

Single of the Year
    • Florida Georgia Line. Period.

Musical Event of the Year
    • Highway Dont Care

Video of the Year
    • At first, the consensus was that it was Carries to lose, but after a small discussion, they did in fact think HDC had a chance as well. Tornado was also mentioned.

Couple quick random notes:
    • They were really reasonable with their selections and gave Carrie a TON of love.
    • They thanked me for joining in and tweeting to them
    • They mentioned one of Tee's (I think Tee) tweets about being snubbed for 7 years etc
    • Not much mention of Taylor
    • Very disgruntled about the lack of Hunter Hayes
    • They guy did make a joke about Carrie fans never being happy. I laughed because it is true, but he did go on to say that artists need fans like that.

They will be posting the entire thing to playback if anyone is interested. I will post the link once they do.
    Any other questions about it, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by thunder92; 09-10-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Hil
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate your write up!!

What does that mean, being the cats meow?

Concert Stars
    ^Generally, at least to me, a compliment. Saying that she is at the top. Also-- Creme of the crop, the bomb diggity lmao
    nccountrygal, Hil and bluetb4 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate your write up!!

What does that mean, being the cats meow?
    Lol it's '20s slang for she's awesome.
    Smokyiiis, HuiZ, Hil and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Haha its funny how different people can hear the same thing and interpret it completely different. Carrie's best shot are at music video and female vocalists. I really think album is a toss up. They only album I don't see winning is Blake's. I might have to hit my head against a wall if it beats out Carrie's, Kacey's and Little Big Town's album. I would say Taylor's too but don't want to upset people here.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    So were these people pretty spot on with their predictions last year? I didn't listen to it last year.

Concert Stars
    Hil, rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Concert Stars
    Yeah, I interpreted things pretty differently.

The only very clear things I got were "George will get EOTY deservedly, and they want him to sing out the show".
    Taylor likely will not win Album cause it is too controversial.
    Kacey is clearly loved.
    LBT is clearly loved.

And only the guy on the panel really seemed to mention Carrie at all. And the others would start out in agreement but then manage to change the direction of thought onto someone who would more likely (or who they would rather) win.

I guess it is just my interpretation of it.

Album did seem to have some Carrie momentum, but then the majority of them (including one who voted) would vote for someone elses album. Likely Kaceys or LBT's.

So I am still not sure about this at all.

I admit I did not hear them discuss video.

Concert Stars
    I listened again, and as much as they gave some credencial to the idea of Carrie getting vocalist the likelihood still seemed to be Kacey or Miranda.

And Album seems to be between Kacey and Taylor.

I am so confused now.

I just don't see Carrie squeezing anything out.

I don't know. I am still going to hope for Album and then I can just be disappointed. ha ha ha ha

Concert Stars
    ^ they usually ignore carrie altogether so I consider this a huge step in the right direction lol
    pklongbeach likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    ^ they usually ignore carrie altogether so I consider this a huge step in the right direction lol

Are these some of the people who actually cast votes??

Concert Stars
    One of them specifcially stated that she was.

the others I am not so sure about.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for the summary!

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    I actually listened to most of it. There are two things I took from it. First, George Strait's EOTY nomination is clearly a retirement gift. They don't really think he earned it for this year but they want to give it to him anyway because of his body of work. I don't really have a an issue with the sentiment but I do think Carrie suffered from it and instead of contriving the EOTY nomination they should have given him a special lifetime achievement award. Second, and I'm probably going to be skewered for saying this but Carrie's fans have become the boy who cried wolf.

Concert Stars
    they are definitely insiders. That Jessica Northey (sp?) drives me nuts!! She's the one who said cat's meow! She's a huge Miranda fan. I saw it more like you did, pk!!
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I actually listened to most of it. There are two things I took from it. First, George Strait's EOTY nomination is clearly a retirement gift. They don't really think he earned it for this year but they want to give it to him anyway because of his body of work. I don't really have a an issue with the sentiment but I do think Carrie suffered from it and instead of contriving the EOTY nomination they should have given him a special lifetime achievement award. Second, and I'm probably going to be skewered for saying this but Carrie's fans have become the boy who cried wolf.
    Yeah we Carrie fans have been known for our vocalness (not really a word :-/) but I do have to say that most of us knew they were not going to nominate her for EOTY. I really think that since she didn't get the nomination after the PO tour and the ACMs didn't nominate her that we weren't going to get one this year either. I still don't know what else they expect her to do to get one.

I agree that George will probably win and even if Carrie were nominated I would still think they will give it to him. As you said they should have given him a lifetime achievement award.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    they are definitely insiders. That Jessica Northey (sp?) drives me nuts!! She's the one who said cat's meow! She's a huge Miranda fan. I saw it more like you did, pk!!
    I think she loves more to Blake than Miranda, she say "I love all the songs in his album" "I love his BRH video" "I love Blake I love I love I love.... blah blah" lol

And was awkward when she was the only one who pick Blakes album, there was a horrible silent.. haha
    rainbow1 and Carrieflattsfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Is she the blonde?

She is not even coy about her Miranda-love and her "Carrie-whatever"ness!!

I think she is what put me off last year as well.
    She sort of runs the discussion but doesn't really give much credence to any mention of Carrie.
    She is pretty quick to change the subject.
    And I don't have a problem with someone having a favorite, but if you are in charge of a panel, I think you should be alittle more aware of your biases and work to balance them.

She doesn't even try!

Quite the opposite.
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    Yeah we Carrie fans have been known for our vocalness (not really a word :-/) but I do have to say that most of us knew they were not going to nominate her for EOTY. I really think that since she didn't get the nomination after the PO tour and the ACMs didn't nominate her that we weren't going to get one this year either. I still don't know what else they expect her to do to get one.
    I'm not sure it's a matter of what she has to do, it's a matter of circumstances lining up. In my mind the only obvious 'snubs' for EOTY were 2010 and this year. In her early years she wasn't a headliner and at that time touring was the primary criteria. 2010 she got caught by the fact that Miranda had a blockbuster year and the label wanted Brad to win. In 2011 she obviously didn't earn it. 2012 she had just started her tour. This should have been her year but she got caught by the sympathy vote for George. It's unfortunate but circumstances haven't lined up for her. People claiming things like she's been 'snubbed' seven years in a row when in our calmer moments we acknowledge that is simply not the case is what contributes to the boy who cried wolf syndrome.

•