Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 2 Post By teesharky

Thread: Carrie Underwood Co-Write gets 5 Stars on Got Country! Kill The Headlights

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Co-Write gets 5 Stars on Got Country! Kill The Headlights

Seven years ago, singer/songwriter Ashliegh Lisset’s world changed in an instant. Sgt. Paul T. Sanchez, her father, died while serving his second tour in Operation Iraqi Freedom. “My dad was a passionate soldier, and he died doing something he believed in. In a sense… that’s how I feel about my music.” Just days before he died, he suggested she record Carrie Underwood’s “Don’t Forget To Remember Me.

Now, at 18, the Dallas, TX, native has just released a Carrie song – one Carrie co-wrote with Hillary Lindsey and Luke Laird in 2009. “Kill The Headlights” is about a couple needing the darkness of the moonlight to show their true feelings for each other. Sparks fly in the lyrics and from Ashliegh’s passionate, rich vocals that drive home the message to live in the moment.

In January, radio station K99.1 FM invited her to open for Jerrod Niemann at their Unplugged Concert at the Yellow Rose Niteclub in Dayton, OH.“Opening for Jerrod was exciting and I feel like I reached a milestone in my career. I dream of the day that I can do it all over again!”

A line from “Don’t Forget To Remember Me “… And make sure you tell Daddy that I’m still his little girl …” has a poignant meaning when you learn that Ashliegh’s family started the Not Forgotten Outreach, to honor Paul by helping disabled veterans and Gold Star families of fallen heroes heal through recreational and/or therapeutic retreats/workshops in Taos, New Mexico.

One of the recent high school graduate’s musical dreams is to sing with Carrie on the Grand Ole Opry stage. The likelihood of that happening will greatly increase when more and more people hear this single and songs on her Misunderstood EP (love Target On My Heart”, “Its Okay To Lie”, “Always You”, “Running With Fire”, and the title track – ok, ok, I like every song!).

One day this Texas Rangers baseball fan (this Chicago Cub fan respects hometown loyalty) hopes to get a degree in psychology (I have one from the University of Illinois). For right now, though, Ashliegh is happy to follow whatever path her music takes her on. I’ll bet she’ll be on the Grand Ole Opry stage before the year ends.

SINGLE REVIEW: Ashliegh Lisset ?Kill The Headlights? | Got Country

Concert Stars
    Nice!! Hope the song does well!
    Smokyiiis and nccountrygal like this.

Concert Stars
    I went to I-tunes to listen to it. Love the lyrics....not particularly fond of Ashleigh's voice or the production. Some will cherish it though. And hopefully it will garner lots of attention...to all involved!

•